Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Authoritative guide to Modafinil

tirednurse has much to be proud oftirednurse has much to be proud oftirednurse has much to be proud oftirednurse has much to be proud oftirednurse has much to be proud oftirednurse has much to be proud oftirednurse has much to be proud oftirednurse has much to be proud oftirednurse has much to be proud oftirednurse has much to be proud oftirednurse has much to be proud oftirednurse has much to be proud oftirednurse has much to be proud oftirednurse has much to be proud oftirednurse has much to be proud oftirednurse has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by nadeel View Post
    I apologize if this was already mentioned already, as I went straight to the last page
    but has anyone have any experience with spierx brand, in relative to the other more established brands such as sun pharma?
    the spierx brand appears to be by far the cheapest, according to pharm reviewer's search results

thanks and best regards
    I have heard of the brand Spierx mentioned in several threads, most of it negative. I would go back and do some research instead of trying to order the "least expensive" med. Sometimes you get exactly what you pay for and if it sounds to good to be true (from my experience it usually is!) Good luck researching.
    Helpful Cash Rated helpful
    Likes SillyChu liked this post
    Lose your dreams then you will lose your mind.....Ain't life unkind?

2. Quote Originally Posted by vievie60 View Post
    I tried modafinil and as I wrote previously, had to cut it in one/eight each pill, .... snip.
    On another forum there was a poll for the typical daily dosage. The surprising result was 25mg. And if I remember correctly, the next most popular daily
    dosage was more like the usual 100-400mg .

H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    @Sojourner

I saw your post in the EdandMore thread about Modafinil and responded here as this is a more appropriate thread. You asked "What is Modafinil Used For?"

This drug was originally approved by the FDA to treat Narcolepsy.It it also FDA approved for excessive sleepiness caused by Sleep Apnea, Excessive Sleepiness due to Shift Work Disorder. It is often written off-label ( non FDA approved ) to treat excessive sleepiness caused by side effects of another drug the patient may be taking. It is NOT a stimulant in the classic way we define stimulants: Drugs like amphetamine, pseudoephedrine, methamphetamine , benzphetamine, methylphenidate , etc. are technically known as sympathomimemtic amines, and demonstrate very specific properties like increased blood pressure , psychosis when used to excess, increased heart rate and increased body temperature . They also are all classified, like Modafinil, as Central Nervous System Stimulants.

It is not well understood exactly how Modafinil works, but its generally described as a "Wakefulness Promoting Agent" . Like amphetamine class drugs, it makes one more alert, focused, but unlike amphetamine class drugs rarely causes euphoria except at extremely high doses and even this is debatable. While it is classified as a CIV CDS there is almost no scientific evidence to support this assumption. Amphetamines cannot cause physical Dependance but can creat psychological Dependance issues. Modafinil at extremely high doses has shown some modest psychological addiction possibilities, but again, the science here ( what little there is ) is very sketchy. Perhaps most telling is the very simple fact that you would be very hard pressed to find any addiction center or professional who has ever treated a patient for Modafinil addiction.

Not to say there aren't a handful of people like that out there, I'm sure they exist, but that really is insufficient anecdotal evidence to consider this drug one with abuse potential. How many I,m addicted to Modafinil threads have you seen here? Likewise, Tramadol, not federally controlled or scheduled, is clearly addictive as there is both plenty of scientific and anecdotal evidence to support this fact. Frankly, Modafinil barely merits RX status much less Scheduling as a CDS. This drug has a long and excellent safety profile.
    Likes SillyChu liked this post
    Self Appointed Forum Moderator ==> Click HERE to REPORT Suspected TROLLING!

COSGringo is offline Banned Reason: Reluctantly had to kick off COSGringo because he became consistently belligerent
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    @H20shed65
    Will it help me if eph doesn't even put a dent?

Now I am doing L Glut, inositol, choline citrate, and a scoop of NO Xplode (still sitting around from when I could lift weights).

I need a mental lift as I have a guy working to take my job thanks to a merger at HP.

@H20shed65

That is a definitive way of explaining modafinil, thank you. It had not been described in the past by chemically breaking down the med this way, but posters as well as myself reported on what seemed to be the best use or misuse. It was obviously not an amphetamine, but somewhat more potent than caffeine pills. As you said, people do become psychologically dependent on just about anything that hits the right receptors for them. Just thinking you've swallowed the med you believe to be effective (placebo) works just as well as the med itself. This is true, as evidenced by the zolpidem laying near my bed. Or a painkiller found under furniture. Makes little difference. If you feel it roll out of your hand, well that's a different story. The search begins.

It was hard for me to understand, four years after hearing about it as a mild stimulant, that it was still around and being ordered online. This type of med, not effective for anyone other than getting through the day, seemed odd to still be ordering online and discussed on a forum. Apparently, it has some merit. I have about a box left, probably ordered sometime in 2010, but glad I held onto it. It actually kept the same mild boost after several years. Anyway, thanks for your response. It was definitely helpful.
    Likes H20shed65 liked this post

H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    @Sojourner

You're welcome, Modafinil is popular because it is viewed ( correctly or incorrectly ) as a lifestyle drug. Again, the little bit of science studies done make two things clear: It improves wakefulness and concentration & focus for many users and improves cognitive function among sleep deprived individuals.
    @COSGringo

Ephedrine is a classic CNS SYMPATHOMIMEMTIC AMINE DRUG which means it like most drugs in its class, it requires higher and higher doses to provide the same effects over time. I'm aware of no studies showing that Modafinil exhibits this property over time. Modafinil can best be described as giving you that sense of being well rested, focused and alert unlike amphetamines which have nasty side effects which escalate with dosage escalation . Even ephedrine when taken in high doses can cause rapid heart beat, ischemic issues , heart attack or strokes, also true of amphetamines. There is no evidence this occurs with Modafinil.
    Helpful Toma, ghosn Rated helpful
    Self Appointed Forum Moderator ==> Click HERE to REPORT Suspected TROLLING!

COSGringo is offline Banned Reason: Reluctantly had to kick off COSGringo because he became consistently belligerent
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    Thanks @H20shed65

I just need to lose the herniated disc, pinched nerve, and workout again.

Drogas don't have the answers I am sure. Thanks for all your help. A good friend. Lemme know if you make it out to this neck of the woods, a welcomed guest.
    Likes H20shed65 liked this post

Modafinil Modalert of the Sun, is not allowed to produce it? there is currently no generic Modafinil, in any country? There are countries in which the patent has expired?

Then, I read part of the article in the link, to the point where he talks about the probability that online pharmacies dispatched the true modafinil. What is the conclusion of the article? Can I trust in the Modalert of Edandmore?
    Helpful lilkimmi Rated helpful

10. Could anyone give me some advice about the legitamacy of Modnite-200 from Consern Pharma? There is virtually nothing on the internets concening Modnite. Thanks for any advice you could provide!

I answered your question in another thread you started, but I suppose for the benefit of the next person to read through this thread:

I'm not sure why Modnite-200 isn't discussed more often as I found it to be quite ineffective. You'd think others would want to pass on this information. I got a refund from the IOP that sold me that crap.

Note: I was probably the negative review you read. I have only seen one other person on this forum discuss modnite-200 and I don't recall his/her opinion.
    Helpful SillyChu Rated helpful

12. Modalert seems to be the real deal from everything I've read. I'm waiting on my first batch and can't wait to try the stuff out. I'll give my experiences later.

13. Quote Originally Posted by MaggieA View Post
    @taralumia. Thanks for posting the authoritative guide to modafinil. Wowser. Did it cross your mind (or anyone else's) that whoever wrote that, with it's extensive mathematical formulations that include what are, to me, utterly confounding variables, and tabulations just might have been up all night doing that?
    You're not the first person to make that joke... I have actually worked on the table at night while on modafinil. Updating the table is incredibly tedious, so I only do it on a sem-annual or annual basis. (I'm not being paid to suffer through that more frequently, after all.)

Quote Originally Posted by rauchen View Post
    I think that is a very could conclusion, also based on my personell experience.
    Addictive potential is low for me.
    I agree. Modafinil has been tested on all sorts of addicts and populations, and looked at for signs of abuse, addiction, or tolerance. They simply aren't there to any real degree. The dopamine thing, while widely bruited about, is pretty much a red herring: whatever it means, it doesn't mean that people will get addicted to modafinil, because millions of people have been using modafinil for decades and thousands of people have been watched in these studies, and it simply hasn't happened yet! It's like hearing about a big automotive recall for a defective part and wondering whether your car blew up yesterday, and refusing to look out the window at your driveway and notice that the car is still there. It's very frustrating to see people and institutions that should know better keep bringing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by wkstyle View Post
    My apologies if this has already been addressed but how does modafinil compare to adderall in terms of side effects? Adderall always gave me clean energy but had incredible thirst and some teeth clenching.
    FWIW, the few times I tried it, Adderall didn't give me thirst or teeth clenching, but modafinil gives me some light teeth clenching, particularly if I also take caffeine.

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    Then, I read part of the article in the link, to the point where he talks about the probability that online pharmacies dispatched the true modafinil. What is the conclusion of the article? Can I trust in the Modalert of Edandmore?
    No, you're not getting it. The point of my article is not to come to 'the conclusion' and tell you to trust or distrust a vendor. The point is to compile a bunch of the relevant information in one place, run through a bunch of hypothetical and real inferences from the data, discuss how you would think about and analyze the inferences & data, and leave you able to decide on your own. It's to teach a little logical and statistical thinking. Modafinil happens to be a very useful and interesting example of reasoning under uncertainty.
    Helpful H20shed65, SillyChu Rated helpful

SillyChu will become famous soon enoughSillyChu will become famous soon enough

@DrAm, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one thinking modnite is useless!

Quote Originally Posted by yunj View Post
    I personally had a bad experience on Modafinil - extensive mouth ulceration and my lips encrusted pretty badly..
    I have the same thing when I take 300-400 mg a day.
    The thing is, that at this amount the desired effects are pretty good, but those mouth and tongue ulcers are unbearable.

Did you happen to find a solution for that?

16. Nuvigil/armodafinil is chemically similar to modafinil, but it is not exactly the same. It is a specific chemical form (an enantiomer) of modafinil, which is mixture. Without getting too much into chemistry, Nuvigil is to Provigil as Dextroamphetamine is to Adderall.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567