Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Vyvanse

Dusk1983 is a jewel in the roughDusk1983 is a jewel in the roughDusk1983 is a jewel in the roughDusk1983 is a jewel in the roughDusk1983 is a jewel in the roughDusk1983 is a jewel in the roughDusk1983 is a jewel in the rough

Vyvanse works great to keep me focussed. It lifts the “fog” of using diazepam to sleep. In combination, these two products allow me a good nights sleep and be really sharp at work the next day where attention to detail is very important. Definitely rate this med.

Gladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk1983 View Post
    Vyvanse works great to keep me focussed. It lifts the “fog” of using diazepam to sleep. In combination, these two products allow me a good nights sleep and be really sharp at work the next day where attention to detail is very important. Definitely rate this med.
    @Dusk1983

I have been taking 20mg of Adderall 2 x a day for about 3 months. Do you feel Vyvanse is a better, improved, more balanced, time released version of Adderall? I also take a low dose of benzos for sleep and occasional anxiety. My job also requires attention to detail. I did try a 40mg Vyvance sample a few weeks ago. I liked the more even feel of Vyvanse. My doctor likes Adderall because it is easily broken into quarters to adjust your dose for different days and situations. Adderall is also a lot cheaper, but I think Vyvanse is covered by my insurance plan. I am basically asking for your feedback. I guess if you have never had Adderall these would be hard questions to answer.

Thanks
    Much
    Live Free or Die

Dusk1983 is a jewel in the roughDusk1983 is a jewel in the roughDusk1983 is a jewel in the roughDusk1983 is a jewel in the roughDusk1983 is a jewel in the roughDusk1983 is a jewel in the roughDusk1983 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Gladheart View Post
    @Dusk1983

I have been taking 20mg of Adderall 2 x a day for about 3 months. Do you feel Vyvanse is a better, improved, more balanced, time released version of Adderall? I also take a low dose of benzos for sleep and occasional anxiety. My job also requires attention to detail. I did try a 40mg Vyvance sample a few weeks ago. I liked the more even feel of Vyvanse. My doctor likes Adderall because it is easily broken into quarters to adjust your dose for different days and situations. Adderall is also a lot cheaper, but I think Vyvanse is covered by my insurance plan. I am basically asking for your feedback. I guess if you have never had Adderall these would be hard questions to answer.

Thanks
    Much
    @Gladheart, ye I’m sorry. Because I’ve never taken Adderall I can’t compare. I just know that Vyvanse really helped the groggy, unfocused feeling at work after taking diazepam the night before. Before the Vyvanse I was really struggling to stay focussed on every aspect of my work. So I can’t compare to Adderall but I can absolutely recommend Vyvanse. Hopefully someone here will have tried both to help answer your question better.
    Helpful Gladheart, M77 Rated helpful

@Gladheart, ye I’m sorry. Because I’ve never taken Adderall I can’t compare. I just know that Vyvanse really helped the groggy, unfocused feeling at work after taking diazepam the night before. Before the Vyvanse I was really struggling to stay focussed on every aspect of my work. So I can’t compare to Adderall but I can absolutely recommend Vyvanse. Hopefully someone here will have tried both to help answer your question better.
    @Dusk1983
    Any experience with Modafinil? A very important, and close relative, is prescribed Adderall. They already had a chain pharmacy refuse to fill it, despite filling it before, and decades of being a customer. I am concerned if it becomes totally unfillable, I'm trying to find out if she should ask the doc to write Vyvanse, or Modafinil. I see people seem to love, or hate Vyvanse, so I'm trying to get any opinions on one over the other. Thanks!

@M77, I nearly ordered Modafinil as that sounded like the perfect wake-up med I needed but then after a bit more research I went with the Vyvanse because it not only makes me feel wide awake but it really does keep me focussed. I know some people don’t tolerate Vyvanse too well but I’d read that about other meds too and I’ve never had any issues with any meds so when it came between choosing Modafinil and Vyvanse I just remember thinking the latter had that extra edge to keep my concentration levels at peak-level. IMHO I think it’s worth giving it a try and if it doesn’t work, I’d go for the Modafinil. I may buy a small amount just to compare the two. If I do, I’ll let you know what I think.

pinkflower is offline Banned Reason: Banned until Sept 27 for sending some unsolicited PMs
    pinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud of

@Dusk1983 Is your Vyvanse prescribed? Thanks

No I bought it via a friend of a friend. However, in the mean time I have tried Modafinil a few times and my conclusion is that the Vyvanse makes me just as alert as Modafinil but feel far more confident in the Vyvanse. I wouldn’t have bothered with a stimulant med at all but the BZD’s were causing problems at work, e.g. falling asleep and seeming really doped up lol
    Last edited by Dusk1983; 03-29-2019 at 11:17 AM.
    Helpful pinkflower Rated helpful
    Likes Pat liked this post

pinkflower is offline Banned Reason: Banned until Sept 27 for sending some unsolicited PMs
    pinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud ofpinkflower has much to be proud of

No I bought it via a friend of a friend. However, in the mean time I have tried Modafinil a few times and my conclusion is that the Vyvanse makes me just as alert as Modafinil but feel far more confident in the Vyvanse. I wouldn’t have bothered with a stimulant med at all but the BZD’s were causing problems at work, e.g. falling asleep and seeming really doped up lol
    Thanks @Dusk1983

And I must apologise for asking that in the first place. It was inappropriate of me to ask and none of my business.

Yeah, I can see how falling asleep and seeming really doped up might possibly cause problems at work, lol.

I'm very interested in something like this. I've had problems with an inability to concentrate for a very long time - long before I had ever even heard of benzos much less started using them.

@pinkflower, it’s absolutely fine and I didn’t find it inappropriate at all. I think the Modafinil will be the long-term go to now as it’s cheaper, only marginally doesn’t compare well against Vyvanse and also I think it’s safer to take Longer term. So thank you for making me aware of Modafinil. I’m sticking to this one from now on. Just need to find the right bzd or combo to stick with, at the moment it’s Xanax with an etizolam that does the trick but my wife’s getting pi$$ed off saying that I look “monged” and “speak really slowly and slur my words out. You gotta take the rough with the smoothe. I don’t take daily, perhaps every 3 days or so. I’ve asked her, someone whose head rests on the pillow and is instantly asleep, to have compassion for someone who lays there hour after hour with no sign of sleep until maybe 4/5am, like I do for her pain and suffering and the amount of pain relief she takes (which used to worry me when docs would stockpile her with trams and codeine - long gone are those days). But to no avail, it’s her way or your out. I’m deciding what to do for the best. Enough of my whining. Vyvanse is the best but Modafinil is a close runner up IMHO.

10. I've been taking vyvanse for about 5 years (on and off). Now I am on 70mg (5-6 days a week, 1-2 days off). I started with adderall (prescribed) back in the day but was given a few pills by my brother and was convinced to change immediately (we both have ADD). It is an awesome drug. Motivation and focus but as some have said not the immediate boost of adderall (I like that though, I just keep in mind when it peaks, about 3 hours in). I still take adderall (both prescribed) at night when I am working late. It (vyvanse) is a wonder. I love that, for me, it doesn't have same day withdrawal symptoms (the kind I exp. with addys).

I do alot of reading, memorization, writing, solo projects/tasks, and class presentation in my work. It helps with all aspects. I would advise that it comes with its fair share of anxiety/jitters. I take theanine (counter jitters) with it (along with Ome-3), avoid coffee or other stims (for the most part), and take magnesium (gly), vitamin C, GABA, and melatonin at night to help with sleep. Though, I will admit I have considered picking up a serious sleep aid (like Etizolam) to deal with those vyvanse/addy insomnia nights (esp hard if you are an insomniac without the amphets). I dig that some of my routine is kinda woo but I'm ok with that.

Aside from the on and off sleep problems (sometimes too often caused my own genetic proclivities to stay up late or be overly neurotic), the biggest downside is withdrawl can be bad. The first day I am off it, I can feel it. Low motivation (lower than if not on vyvanse at all) and kind sometimes verge on depression. And it can last. I was out of a job for a short while (or at least not enough work for insurance that covered it) and it was hard to get going for months after being off vyvanse. There are ways I have learned to deal with being off it--I'll take a less potent stim for example (mod/racetams) and/or make sure to exercise on those days early in the morning. I know others can have it much worse than I do.

To the point, vyvanse is awesome but you must be sure to use it intelligently.
    Last edited by holden12; 04-12-2019 at 08:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345