Thread: Generic IR Adderall Shortage

Gladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond repute

Default Generic IR Adderall Shortage

I assume other people are having difficulty getting 20mg IR generic Adderall scripts filled. In the mid-Atlantic most CVS's and are having difficulty stocking anything but that garbage made by the infamous Indian Aurobindo Pharma.

The generic Teva Adderall was fantastic IMO. I even liked the Sandoz and Activas brands OK.

If anybody knows why it has been difficult for US pharmacies to order and stock generic IR Adderall the past two months? I would be very interested in knowing. I may need to switch to Vyvanse. I feel it may be Government restrictions? Thanks!
    Likes Whisperliner liked this post
    Live Free or Die

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladheart View Post
    I assume other people are having difficulty getting 20mg IR generic Adderall scripts filled. In the mid-Atlantic most CVS's and are having difficulty stocking anything but that garbage made by the infamous Indian Aurobindo Pharma.

The generic Teva Adderall was fantastic IMO. I even liked the Sandoz and Activas brands OK.

If anybody knows why it has been difficult for US pharmacies to order and stock generic IR Adderall the past two months? I would be very interested in knowing. I may need to switch to Vyvanse. I feel it may be Government restrictions? Thanks!
    According to the FDA, TEVA is the only current manufacturer with a good supply on hand of the IR Forms. Aurobindo, SunPharma both expect new supplies 06/2019. Mylan, and Zydus are also reporting shortages, but have not offered why. Finally, Mallinkrodt reports a shortage due to a shortage in the main ingredients of this drug with no resolution date set thus far.
    Self Appointed Forum Moderator ==> Click HERE to REPORT Suspected TROLLING!

Skiff is offline Banned Reason: Multiple Rule Violations
    Skiff will become famous soon enough

I didn’t know there is a shortage. I daily read Pharmaceutical Industry newsletter and I o ow that due to bogus Opioid sobcalled Crisis there is going to be shortage of Oxycodone. DEA FDA CDC all together demanded all manufacturers of generic Oxycodone products or its salts, mixed drugs, and the reduction is as far as I know is 20%, but due to quotas some companies completely stopped Oxycodone production since their size and their quota is so small or irrelevant that for them it’s easier to either wait until something might change like one company named Rhodes, and huge companies also cut it by not 20% but 30-40% since they have demeands to meet by 2020 and it’s altogether 24 months plus 6 months some sort of elimination period and also additional time for distribution products already made til the “Demand to reduce production” came up. I wonder why wouldn’t the government get these companies CEOs together and say “look we need 1 billion dollars all of you according to market %persantage will contribute to FBI & DHS and all sub agencies under Honeland Security to stop trafficking of Fentanyl (opioid that really responsible for killing 70%, another 20% died due to takibgvopioids alobg with benzos, z dugs, and alcohol, 6% died from 1 drug overdose but again it was not prescribed to them and only 4% truly died from Let’s say Duralgesix, OxyContin, Exhalgo, Zohydro etc.” we need those agencies like like CBP ICE USCIS TSA, so they can hire more people more K-9s and stop illicit Fentanyl and Carfentanyl along with heroin being sent here by mail why can’t they do that? MYbe government just playing a bad cop and has zero desire to stop the so called crisis?
    Helpful Fargoio Rated helpful

I get 60 Adderals a month and every time I come to fill it it’s either another brand or pharmacy has some issues (maybe the way I look I dunno), I never abused their system or went doctor shopping it’s just judging pharm.techs who would probably be happy to hit a few tablets themselves “do focus and mental alertness” lol
    Likes H20shed65, Gladheart, KeithDavid liked this post

H20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond reputeH20shed65 has a reputation beyond repute
    @Skiff

It’s not you. The DEA sets annual limits for most Schedule II drugs every fall based on past prescriptions and some other voodoo magic I suppose. Shockingly, often they are wrong and this leaves drug manufacturers in the unenviable position of not having enough raw ingredients to manufacture that formulation. This leads to shortages and backorders. This is particularly acute with amphetamine class drugs, but it happens virtually every year.
    Helpful Skiff, Gladheart Rated helpful
    Likes Whisperliner, slick76 liked this post

@H20shed65 Thank you. Good to know the way they do it. I just don’t understand why when the streets filled with meth and Fentanyl laced heroin they concentrate on Manufacturing of FDA approved USP grade drugs? It’s a sad picture while I always had to use my Rx card not the insurance since insurance never covered my adhd drugs, I hate every first week of the months to go to CVS with a script and shaking “Do they have it or they don’t” and I gotta go to one and only place unless they really out since I have a contract with Pain management doctor who has zero empathy and before new CDC Guidelines for Prescription of Opoids even came out he gave everyone a handout that he came up with how to taper off and while I had to drop from 6 x 30mg to 4 15mg in 90 days that’s 180-120-60 or 35% drop every month, I had to supplement with what I saved up and then Librium is helped lot. Anybody tapering if anything including tobacco or alcohol Librium is a way to go. I don’t need anything else. But now I need something Imodium lol would be nice. Anyone knows when diarrhea stops after being cut off opioids? I had it over a month on and off. Sad stuff

Gladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond reputeGladheart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by H20shed65 View Post
    According to the FDA, TEVA is the only current manufacturer with a good supply on hand of the IR Forms. Aurobindo, SunPharma both expect new supplies 06/2019. Mylan, and Zydus are also reporting shortages, but have not offered why. Finally, Mallinkrodt reports a shortage due to a shortage in the main ingredients of this drug with no resolution date set thus far.
    @H20shed65

I really appreciate the update on the TEVA availability. I called my pharmacist today and she said yes. I have 20mg Teva in stock and you are due for a refill tomorrow.

Thanks Much!
    GH
    Last edited by Gladheart; 03-24-2019 at 08:05 PM.
    Helpful Whisperliner Rated helpful
    Likes H20shed65 liked this post
    Live Free or Die

@Gladheart is the Aurobindo bad brand? I noticed they are round and they can be quartered,they are. I just checked mine and sure they are Aurobindo with Indian Headquarters and couple locations in the US I think. They have a serious recall on most popular, or I should say the fairly new BP meds, now they are recalling several lots due to contamination with some cancirogen. I had no idea. This Forums is awesome wealth of knowledge. All you guys with titles Exalted, Senior, etc is it like you real Doctors or how do you know who makes what? And one more thing who makes the 30mg oval orange Amphetamine salts is that Teva? I think now I remember that I haven’t seen them in a while.
    Likes Gladheart liked this post

@Gladheart

Happy to help. For future reference, the FDA website always maintains a current list of ongoing drug shortages and backorders. It’s largely self reported by the Manufacturers, so they don’t always offer reasons. But in general, when you see multiple drug manufacturers reporting shortages of the same generic formulations, especially of controlled substances, these are DEA annual limits related.

There are some situations where several generic manufacturers will report a supposed shortage of some drug and unfortunately if the FDA investigates, they find that multiple manufacturers colluded to falsely claim some drug was in short supply so they could jack up the price. The most famous case I recall was Mylan pharmaceuticals colluding with several other generic manufacturers to falsely claim there was a shortage of generic benzodiazepines, lorazepam and alprazolam as I recall, so they could artificially inflate the price. There was a rather large class action lawsuit which successfully forced all those colluding to make restitution to those patients who overpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiff View Post
    @Gladheart is the Aurobindo bad brand? I noticed they are round and they can be quartered,they are. I just checked mine and sure they are Aurobindo with Indian Headquarters and couple locations in the US I think. They have a serious recall on most popular, or I should say the fairly new BP meds, now they are recalling several lots due to contamination with some cancirogen. I had no idea. This Forums is awesome wealth of knowledge. All you guys with titles Exalted, Senior, etc is it like you real Doctors or how do you know who makes what? And one more thing who makes the 30mg oval orange Amphetamine salts is that Teva? I think now I remember that I haven’t seen them in a while.

@Skiff

I have only been taking Adderall for 6-7 months. You guys likely are better experts than me on the quality of generic Adderall. I can't comment on 30mg Adderall. I have only been prescribed IR 10mg and IR 20mg Adderall. Both the Aurobindo and Teva 20mg generic Adderall are orange and quartered.

The first script last Fall was for 10mg IR made by Sandoz. I thought it was fantastic. It was the first time I had been prescribed an ADD med. The second month it was Actavis and they also seemed fine. My third refill was upped to 20mg and was made by Aurobindo. It seemed very strong at the beginning and did not last as long. Like a ride on a roller coaster. My next refill was the famous "Teva" generic who also make the name brand Adderall at $700 for 60 20mg pills!! My health insurance will not contribute a penny if I get the name brand . Wow!! crazy...never would I pay $700 for almost anything. I did find the Teva generic to be the best balanced generic Adderall I have taken. The past two months have been Aurobindo. Either I am building up a tolerance or Indian Aurobindo Adderall really is bad?

I also had a bad experience with Aurobindo Soma. My wife got a script for Soma with a refill. The first script made by Qualitest was excellent. The refill was made by Aurobindo. It was complete garbage and did not relax your muscles at all. This was a while ago because I remember Soma was not a Schedule 4 yet. I did get a script for a small amount of 1mg alprazolam recently again made by Aurobindo. Their generic Xanax seemed ok.

I was bummed out this morning. One of the main pharmacists said that they can't actually fill my Adderall script until Thursday. The tech messed up last night and said I could refill it today. My pharmacist promised she would save me 60 Tevas if her supply is running low. I can't stress enough how important it is to have a good relationship with you local pharmacists and techs. They can help you or make your life a living hell trying to fill scheduled medication scripts. We all know it is not just opioids the Government is cracking down on. It really is any scheduled med from 2-5's.

Good Luck Everybody!!
    Last edited by Gladheart; 03-25-2019 at 08:45 PM.
    Likes blueroan17 liked this post
    Live Free or Die

I had a sample from a colleague to try this new medication called Vyvance. I loved it it felt so great and i was so focused on all the work i could have done so i didnt even was able to finish this goddamn post how messed up i feel yeah i think u gotta be careful brother
    Last edited by Skiff; 03-27-2019 at 04:33 AM.

The last 2-3 months my local CVS location has had generic IR Adderall Teva 20mg in stock. I am crossing my fingers that they will still have the Teva brand available later in May when I am due for a refill. I am located on the East Coast near a large city. Teva is based in Israel and is the largest generic drug manufacturer in the world.

I feel they produce the best most balanced generic IR Adderall on the market. I often wonder how large a production run pharmaceutical companies can do for Adderall and other scheduled medications? I know the Government tightly monitors the numbers of certain drugs that can be manufactured each month, quarter and year. Get the Teva brand while they are still available folks!
    Helpful Whisperliner Rated helpful
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Skiff View Post
    I get 60 Adderals a month and every time I come to fill it it’s either another brand or pharmacy has some issues (maybe the way I look I dunno), I never abused their system or went doctor shopping it’s just judging pharm.techs who would probably be happy to hit a few tablets themselves “do focus and mental alertness” lol
    My wife has a legit prescription from her therapist, but when she went to a new PCP doctor she told her that she was "too old" to be prescribed Adderrall. Needless to say she did not go back to that doctor but that's as much b.s. as I can think of! Last she refilled a few weeks ago, the Teva generic was in stock at the main pharmacies, Sandoz used to be available at private pharmacies when she had different insurance. I hope there is no shortage, but the gov is really putting this med up there with opioids as she can't get a refill without seeing her therapist and the pharmacy always seems to be overprotective about telling her how to use it even though she's been on it for 5 years w/ no abuse. She's over 40 for heck's sake. These laws to protect addicts are messing up the care for the common, normal non addictive person....Just my 2 cents though. Hope they refill this shortage asap!
    Likes ludwig1961, Gladheart liked this post

15. Generic IR Adderall Shortage