NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1730 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pushy telemarketers

Default I have no mercy either. But one time the wife answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Irene View Post
    I never found Telemarketers "Pushy". They would never get that far on the phone with me. I shove
    I had to explain why Danny with an indian accent was calling from the "pharmacy". I cooked up an explanation about telemarketers harassing me. That's why the rule abut no 800, 900 etc. was made in my house.
    Likes LabWitch, HarryIrene, Cinderella1 liked this post
    I often lose track. and forget to count my blessings.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    @cew most cells, even iphone5 (surprise surprise :-) will block numbers now.

these scammers are highly illegal, so, threaten them with taking them to small claims court, you can track their number through your phone co., and tell them it will be the easiest $5,000 you will ever make. they'll usually take the hint and leave you alone after that. it's always worked for me. otherwise, keep a police whistle next to the phone, they won't be able to hear for months. nasty, but hey, so are they. it's not illegal to blow that whistle in their ear since it's your phone and they took the chance. good luck
    Helpful grannyof2boys Rated helpful
    Likes Cinderella1 liked this post
    What Do You Care What People Think -- Nobel Laureate Richard Feynman

Cinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond repute
    Cinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond reputeCinderella1 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperjet727 View Post
    I have been ordering some of my medication needs on the Internet, since early 2001. (involving at least one dozen, to
    maybe 15 different IOP's).........before that, I used two mail order sources, both out of the UK from 1998 thru the year 2000.
    Most of these IOP's in this year 2013, have closed down, for many different reasons...........................
    I started receiving "unsolicited telephone calls" in the winter of 2012. I guess I was too friendly at first, I realize for me was a mistake. Most female and male "boiler room soliciters" with their "verifying closers" all had a distinct Indian accent.
    After getting worn down, (part of their training) I gave in to order 30 tablets of alleged Woodhardt manufactured Diazepam,
    they came in a loose baggie, unmarked standard white pills, tasteless, and, "they had absolutely zero effect in reducing my
    anxieties, first taking only one pill,then up to three pills later in the week. "no effect" I felt ripped off, and when the phone
    soliciters called for a re-order, I told them I was angry, was not interested at all in their products, for them to look elsewhere
    for a more qualified customer.

That statement did no good, and after about one call per week for the next 12 weeks, I lost my temper and cursed the lady out, her supervisor came to her rescue, and keep on trying to sell me. I threatened them, harshly, and the calls stopped
    well.........I let my personal telephone answering machine, screen all calls, if I did not recognize the number, I would not pick up the receiver, as this outfit, used three or four different 800 numbers, and/or area codes, from the NE USA.

After about 6 months of peace of mind, another solicitor, from obviously a large boiler room operation, called me every other day, in January/February of 2013. Many with accents from India, or a few with a British or Aussie accent. They will
    promise you the world....this 2nd firm took the major credit cards, whereas the first IOP only took Western Union for fees
    to be sent to Dominican Republic, a Caribbean Island.

I told them I was not interested, and, that did not stop them, they seem to like to talk and engage with a "mark" in the world of Con Games, a "sucker". Finally, feeling harassed, from maybe 8 to 10 phone calls, rather than change my phone number to "unlisted" I resented someone on the outside to cause me to give up my landline number I have had for 19 years in a row. I told them I would place a order, for again, Diazepam 10mg, but, they would have to send me a sample of the
    pills, I refused to pay for any pills without a free sample. With hesitation, they sent me 100 solid white pills, again, in blister
    pstrips, postmarked from India, and, not being home, I had to go the main post office, to show my ID, to obtain this
    f well packed 6" x 9" dark cardboard, modestly padded envelope. Shivalik Trading Company they called themselves. The
    pills, IMHO, were completely bunk, or if they had a benzodiazepine in them it couldn't have been more than a 2mg Valium.
    Diazepam. I am not comfortable swallowing 1/2 dozen unmarked pills, to get relief from my anxiety.

I got a call 2 days after I signed for the envelope, and they wanted me to pay them by credit card over the phone, which I did with a Blue Dot Gold Visa I purchased at Wal-Mart. They insisted the card was no good, for me to send them a Western Union, and wire them the agreed $200.00. I hung up the phone, and my Wal-mart card was already registered on the computer, plus a toll free number for customer service. When I called for my balance, exactly $200.00 US had already been
    withdrawn from this very safe card. Shavalik Trading Co (spelling?) called me again, now the third call since I received the
    goods. I told them "we had a serious trust problem, that, my credit card firm, had already paid them off. They, of course, this time, gave me a line, "Oh we are so sorry, this was just a mishap on our end" I told them the pills were useless to me,
    blisterpacked, this time, manufactured, in India, under license, from a United Arab Emirates under a special license for the
    trademark "Val-eZe" I had a trusted friend, confirm the pills had zero effect on him as well. They have continued to call me
    weekly since February of 2013 until about one month ago, when I told them without reservation, "no cursing" but I had a
    Medical Doctor, who met all of my needs for anything I wanted, and, they had no medication at all, I would ever need..and told them I was hanging up the phone, and, to try another party, I was thru talking to any of their solicitors. It was quiet for about one month, and yesterday, I answered the phone, from my Caller ID showed ???????? with suspicion, and guess who was on the phone, another solicitor, I asked who was I speaking to, the lady answered Shivalik Trading Co, and I told her in one sentence, I had all the medicine I would ever need for the rest of this year and hung up.

I understand, from several forum members, on several "harm reduction" websites, about medications, that my case, is
    not so unusual. With the turnover of IOP's in 12 years, someone, somewhere sold my name and phone number along with likely a long list of previous customers, to make a fast buck.

As a former Automobile Salsperson for a decade and a member of the General Motors Masters Sales Guild, some years ago, it is a known fact, that certain cultures, and certain people of a different ethic origin, than the WASP or DINK,
    White American Single Protestant, or Dual Income No Kids, are extremely persistant, at trying to wear one down, and telling those, say of language extractions, that sounds like I am talking with a bi-lingual from India, or Pakistan, they grew up
    with conflict resolution skills, and if one does not wear you down, I have had up to four different callers, from this firm, still trying to sell me, minor tranquilizers, Z drugs/hypnotics, and pain meds, they claim they have hydrocodone, and codeine.

I don't know the answers, it seems one could
    !. Change your phone number to unlisted
    2. Change your phone number to unpublished.
    3. Change your phone number both unpublished, and unlisted. (for a extra monthly fee)
    4. Keep your Caller ID or multiple Caller ID's charged up with adequate batteries, and do not pick up the telephone to
    a number you do not recognize. Especially toll free prefix numbers, or far away area codes, like NJ, NY, or Las Vegas
    Nevada, and never pick up the phone from a area code identified as the Dominican Republic.AC 767 or maybe 809.
    5. Boiler Room Operators have been around "big time" since the 1970's. The difference in 2013 from 1973, is they use
    many different telephone numbers, so call blocking is not necessarily that effective, IMHO. Of course, in 1973, the
    TAD (telephone answering machine) did not reach the mass public until the end of the 1970's/or early 1980's.
    6. My belief, is that eventually they will burn themselves out. I have learned when I accidently pick up the phone, to
    hang up as fast as possible, to engage in any conversation, you will likely lose, as they have back up support phone
    verifiers, who will intervene, with fresh adrenalin to work you over.

7. If possible, try to rent the movie from the year 2000, called Prime Gig, with Ed Harris, Vince Vaughn, Julia Osmond. The
    first 30 minutes is exactly how the slimly BS artist, "liars", pitch their product to you, with a script, to overturn your
    objections, and this movie, goes to the Big Con, with hustling out widows, etc, out of $25,000.00 in a Gold investment
    Scheme, and "every body gets eventually ripped off, including the employees, except the Master Con individual, who set
    the whole scam up from the get go.

8. In my 20's, I briefly worked in two boiler rooms, like portrayed in the movie "the Prime Gig" and, unfortunately, the
    telemarketing scams still are thriving. I am ashamed of my brief past, but got out after less than 6 months doing this.
    I also kept getting soliciting phone calls from the UK vendors, at first it was just to "verify" address, etc. Now when I see a phone number that looks weired (more than the normal digits, or a number particularly from an area code I don't know, I don't answer the phone. I feel if it were something important, they would leave a message (these never do). I also used to put a note in the "comments" section. "NO phone calls please. My son works odd hours and I don't want his sleep disturbed. If you have any questions, you can contact me by email."
    Last edited by Cinderella1; 11-25-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Whisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud of

My problems began only about 2 1/2 years ago, when the Sirius Americas chain, expanded from Germany, to the United Kingdom, and India,
    from their Panama City Panama base. I am especially suspicious of AirmailChemist, but I cannot prove anything. I am also somewhat suspicious of some now defunct IOP's I once had dealings with from the country of Pakistan. "It only takes one disgruntled employee, to steal a list of customers, to sell at a profit, to the competition", when the disgruntled employee, knows their time is limited with the firm. It is a form of revenge, for the unhappy, disgruntled employee. "I once had a list of 275 customers on a computer printout with confidential addresses, phone numbers, and even confidential security gate passwords, to a mini storage center, where I hated my job. When I get fired,
    from a jealous boss, who felt threatened I would take this person's job, from my strong performance, I was given a letter than I would be sued by a local law firm, if confidential information, "a mailing list with phone numbers" got released to the competition" Guess what? I was approached by a competitor, within one week of my job firing with a lucrative cash offer for all of these names". I turned the offer down, due to the typed letter, threatening a lawsuit, if I sold the customer info" Just good common sense, as, my feud with my boss was no secret, and had been going on for nearly one year"

The point is IOP workers, and IOP runners who pick up money@Western Union Centers, and, those who handle orders on the computers, have a vast amount of information they can sell., if they are pissed off with their employers" period. This goes as far as 3rd world countries, with the poorly paid, who may inform the equally poorly paid postal workers in 3rd world countries, that can even topple down a IOP, if the names get sold, or the goods get stolen. I have reasonable suspicion, this has already happened in Argentina, about 5 1/2 years ago.

With all of the highly publicized information, about credit cards being used for fraudulent charges, with the IOP based in the UK, (Airmail
    Chemist) it is obvious, there was at least one or two employees, who were up to no good, and, beyond making charges for fraud on customers credit cards, it is only one step further, to sell a list of worldwide customers, who order controlled substances. Just go figure.
    "I am not targeting the entire Sirius Americas Group, but, I am targeting a single branch within that group, with many dozens of problems with credit card fraud, during this past year, that being Airmailchemist, allegedly based out of the United Kingdom.
    Last edited by Whisperliner L1011; 12-21-2013 at 02:22 AM. Reason: spelling error
    Helpful ZAAT Rated helpful

robynz will become famous soon enoughrobynz will become famous soon enoughrobynz will become famous soon enough

There is a really neat site called True Caller. You can look up any phone number for free. It also provides a free app for your cellular phone that screens calls, identifies call, and it comes with a list of known scam numbers.
    Helpful snowy, Mrs Parker, Blackmore Rated helpful
    Likes Roz liked this post

Best thing you can do in my opinion is to waste their time. Pretend to be interested in them as a person and it will cause a pretty strong recoil. They often hang up on you.

8. I don't have time to be wasting their time, that would be a waste of my time. I can bitch and complain and threaten them t not call me anymore. But that doesn't help. Bet thing to do is not give them your real phone number. I learned that the hard way. Just give them a 555-55567 number, It's been working for me lately. CHEERS! ez

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123