Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody get unsolicited text messages, this is getting to be a nuisance

1. I used to get get calls all of the time. After I installed the mr number app it automatically blocks them which is really nice

2. @Maximus, similar experiences here, especially after a long standing site goes down. While most have a US number it does not actually "ring" to a location. In the US it is illegal for someone to text you without cause or permission (think do not call list). With that said, do not reply "STOP" just delete it.

3. The funniest I got was a double glazing company based in India and I said I lived in a lighthouse and the guy was on another level lol he said yes sir we have serviced plenty of lighthouses
    Likes tommygun liked this post

HCBrown has a spectacular aura aboutHCBrown has a spectacular aura aboutHCBrown has a spectacular aura aboutHCBrown has a spectacular aura aboutHCBrown has a spectacular aura aboutHCBrown has a spectacular aura about

Damn, I just found out that I have a long lost family member that worked in a salt mine in Nigeria. In his will he left me 10 million dollars US. I am so excited. He told me that all I needed to pay was the lawyer fees. I told him that I thought he was a lawyer and he told me that he was too short to be a lawyer. He said that he wore high heels in an attempt to look taller. But it backfired because he said he had only worn them one other time. So he fell down right in front of the judge. I felt really bad for him so I told him I would buy him a pair of ice skates to wear in court and they would make him much taller. He said he was good at ice skating when he ice skated down Mt Kilimanjaro. All I have to do to get my 10 million is give him all my personal information including my bank account password. Lol, I needed some humor in my life.
    On a serious note, I use my Google voice number to give to unknown people and Google voice is free. I have had Google voice for 8 years.
    As far as unsolicited phone calls and texts, I get at least 5 text a day and up to about 7 phone calls. I could block each number but then they would know that that phone is being used and they will just spoof another number. Peace
    Likes snowy, TurboV8 liked this post

5. Has anybody had their email destroyed after ordering. I lost an email account because it had been used for bulk sending and then someone tried to access it from some where unusual according to them. I never saw this with any other email but I contact two vendors and puff it happens.
    Likes snowy, Lioness #1 liked this post

I use google voice when I don’t want to give out my real number. I also have the Hiya app installed on my phone and it blocks most calls before I see them. AT&T call protect is pretty good too at weeding out the scam numbers.
    Helpful snowy, Sushi Rated helpful

CrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to all

Arghhh..... just today I got two text messages and three calls from some Canadian phamarcy I used a few times like five years ago. They are relentless!!!
    Likes Sushi liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by CrayonBox View Post
    Arghhh..... just today I got two text messages and three calls from some Canadian phamarcy I used a few times like five years ago. They are relentless!!!
    Just block them!!
    Likes TurboV8 liked this post

Grits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to allGrits_M is a name known to all

I get a ton of them. I usually just lay the phone down and walk away for a few minutes. I then block the number. It takes a while but call are getting less

I rarely get any kind of unsolicited call, but I have worked hard over the years to keep my telephone number exposure to a minimum.

From the beginning I always had at leas a nonpublished number, if not unlisted. Then, when the "Do Not Call" process went active I was a charter member and added all my numbers to that list. I keep my Do Not Call stuff current. I'm also an inveterate telephone hacker/geek and play around a lot with PBXes and VoIP. 'Free" or very cheap numbers that you can hook up to a VoIP system come and go, but when they are around I snag one and use it for things like Comcast and IOPs (I put them in the same bucket). All of my calls now come in over Google Voice, and it allows for powerful screening and blocking. And I moved my landline number to Callcentric long ago and it permits even more powerful blocking and screening.

11. Yes!! And they seem real. This guy sent me a pic of his passport before offering to sell me Meds. I declined. And blocked the number. I just keep blocking them as they pop up

The communication with the website I go to is all done via SMS.
    all updates are done via SMS.
    Random messages from other vendors I have not.
    But updates regarding new stock, and what not yes.

I got a text from yourpills.com or yourpills.net. One no longer exists and the other wouldn't load. They said I used to order from them and they were having a sale. I NEVER ordered from them in my life. What's the point of this?

14. Quote Originally Posted by 10 years after View Post
    I got a text from yourpills.com or yourpills.net. One no longer exists and the other wouldn't load. They said I used to order from them and they were having a sale. I NEVER ordered from them in my life. What's the point of this?
    it could be that one of the vendors you have used before, probably sold their data to the ones running yourpills.com or .net.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12