NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 559 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phone call from the DEA

Delightful_Destruction is a jewel in the roughDelightful_Destruction is a jewel in the roughDelightful_Destruction is a jewel in the roughDelightful_Destruction is a jewel in the roughDelightful_Destruction is a jewel in the roughDelightful_Destruction is a jewel in the roughDelightful_Destruction is a jewel in the roughDelightful_Destruction is a jewel in the rough

Default Phone call from the DEA

I got an interesting call from the DEA a few months back lol. One thing is that i use a vpn protected burn phone that doesn't have a plan only Wi-Fi use. The number that was called was a free text/call app. The interesting part comes when the person on the message identifies himself as "Agent Javier Pena." Really dude? You're going to try and scam people using the agent that not only hunted Pablo Escobar, but is featured in a Netflix show and is going around the U.S. on a speaking tour with his former partner. The DEA will never call you. Also, always use, when possible one of these apps for a #
    "Stay positive, and love your life"

Ringmaster has a spectacular aura aboutRingmaster has a spectacular aura aboutRingmaster has a spectacular aura aboutRingmaster has a spectacular aura aboutRingmaster has a spectacular aura aboutRingmaster has a spectacular aura aboutRingmaster has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Delightful_Destruction View Post
    I got an interesting call from the DEA a few months back lol. One thing is that i use a vpn protected burn phone that doesn't have a plan only Wi-Fi use. The number that was called was a free text/call app. The interesting part comes when the person on the message identifies himself as "Agent Javier Pena." Really dude? You're going to try and scam people using the agent that not only hunted Pablo Escobar, but is featured in a Netflix show and is going around the U.S. on a speaking tour with his former partner. The DEA will never call you. Also, always use, when possible one of these apps for a #
    Hahaha! That’s ducking hilarious. Over the last two years, I’ve gotten maybe 4-5 calls from “la DEA” telling me they know about my illegal online ordering of controlled substances and that an arrest warrant had been issued and local authorities will execute said warrant soon. Lucky for me, there’s a financial settlement available to quash the warrant!
    I reported each of them to my local DEA office, not that it would make a difference, but still.. and the response I got was along the lines of No Sht, no LE will warn you about a warrant or evidence they might have.

So some vendor sold my phone number to scammers. I continue to get these calls from people posing as the IRS, DEA, even my local police district.

Gotta have a sense of humor about these things. Personally, I love these calls. It gives me the opportunity to mess with them. It’s entertaining!

calgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond repute
    calgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringmaster View Post
    Hahaha! That’s ducking hilarious. Over the last two years, I’ve gotten maybe 4-5 calls from “la DEA” telling me they know about my illegal online ordering of controlled substances and that an arrest warrant had been issued and local authorities will execute said warrant soon. Lucky for me, there’s a financial settlement available to quash the warrant!
    I reported each of them to my local DEA office, not that it would make a difference, but still.. and the response I got was along the lines of No Sht, no LE will warn you about a warrant or evidence they might have.

So some vendor sold my phone number to scammers. I continue to get these calls from people posing as the IRS, DEA, even my local police district.

Gotta have a sense of humor about these things. Personally, I love these calls. It gives me the opportunity to mess with them. It’s entertaining!
    @Ringmaster, I agree that it's good to keep a sense of humor about these scammers, if you can. It does chap my ass though, that many of the call recipients don't realize it's a scam and get genuinely anxious, or worse yet, totally freak out and end up sending money to them. That's one of the best things about being on this forum, that members can post their experiences with oddball, questionable things like this, and get feedback from other members, to help keep them out of trouble!!

(But I'm with you, I can't pass up the opportunity to mess with them, as much as possible. At least I can waste their time, which leaves less time for them to actually prey on someone else!)

CrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to all

I keep getting texts from a Canadian pharmacy, like over 5 a day. Just a few minutes ago I got another one that looked like it was one of those kinds that are sent out in mass to hundreds of different numbers. Anywho, I never reply back ever so this particular text was not directed at me I’m pretty sure. The text read “if you are using profane language or making fun you will regret it”... blah blah. Someone probably text them back to stop fuching sending them texts and they thought it was appropriate to threaten everyone else. I swear nothing seems to stop them except changing your number, which I’m close to doing.
    Helpful calgal99 Rated helpful
    Like pinkflower, SWAT liked this post

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Just block the number
    Like loveallpeople, pinkflower, SWAT liked this post

Ringmaster has a spectacular aura aboutRingmaster has a spectacular aura aboutRingmaster has a spectacular aura aboutRingmaster has a spectacular aura aboutRingmaster has a spectacular aura aboutRingmaster has a spectacular aura aboutRingmaster has a spectacular aura about

@CrayonBox
    I was in the same position about a year ago. It seemed like every other call was a hard sell pharmacy scam. I’m not sure why, but one day, it all stopped. I can’t remember if that was before or after I switched carriers. I don’t know, maybe that had something to do with it.
    You have my sympathy... there’s little in this world more annoying or aggravating.
    Like CrayonBox, loveallpeople, pinkflower, SWAT liked this post

Delightful_Destruction is a jewel in the roughDelightful_Destruction is a jewel in the roughDelightful_Destruction is a jewel in the roughDelightful_Destruction is a jewel in the roughDelightful_Destruction is a jewel in the roughDelightful_Destruction is a jewel in the roughDelightful_Destruction is a jewel in the roughDelightful_Destruction is a jewel in the rough

It is for this reason that I use a text app phone number when filling out iop registrations. Indeed the law enforcement agencies will never show their cards.
    "Stay positive, and love your life"

TurboV8 will become famous soon enoughTurboV8 will become famous soon enoughTurboV8 will become famous soon enough

You can always try to get these kind of people back. This is when Craigslist had personal encounters. I used to make listings for casual encounters under W4M and make listing describing a recently divorced 32 y/o looking for NSA fun etc., please text pictures of yourself to the phone number. I'm sure these scammers would get a lot of D!ck pics.

9. i just never answer the phone from unknown numbers, then i erase messages. very freeing.

these scammers though are very persistent and if anyone has vulnerable older relatives, please warn them. there is the dea scam, an irs scam, and the your grandchild is in jail scam. some older people fall for these, even when the supposed irs agent demands $600.00 in itune cards. i even freaked when "microsoft" took over my laptop. it feels like a real violation to be attacked at home. i know enough to pull the plug, but non-tech savy people are the targets. they target lonely people too. so sad.

Bawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond repute
    Bawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond repute
    I do the same as @notcharlotte and don't answer either my landline (yes we still have to have one because of reception) or my cell phone. If it's someone I know, they'll leave a message.

I was having a problem with a caller trying to tell me to order my actual prescription from him...and he knew what I was taking, dose and quantity! So that tells me this so called secure drug database for doctors is NOT actually secure! Nothing really is.

Anyway I did have to laugh at the creativity of this guy..."would you like me to place your reorder today?"

"NO!!! And stop calling me - you're making me crazy!"

"Well we have a pill for that too!"

Seriously, that did crack me up.

You can try to add your phone number to the "Do Not Call" registry. I know it doesn't stop everything but it surely helps with most spammer calls. You can also make complaints against suspicious phone numbers and such.

www.donotcall.gov

I hope it's okay I posted the link above. If not, pls lmk or remove. Love all people.
    Like SWAT liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by loveallpeople View Post
    You can try to add your phone number to the "Do Not Call" registry. I know it doesn't stop everything but it surely helps with most spammer calls. You can also make complaints against suspicious phone numbers and such.

www.donotcall.gov

I hope it's okay I posted the link above. If not, pls lmk or remove. Love all people.
    Most of these calls are routed through third parties that don’t exist the next day. I put my number on the Do NOT Call list and these spammers were some of the only calls to still reach me.
    But it could work...
    Like loveallpeople, Bawston, pinkflower, SWAT liked this post

CrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by TurboV8 View Post
    You can always try to get these kind of people back. This is when Craigslist had personal encounters. I used to make listings for casual encounters under W4M and make listing describing a recently divorced 32 y/o looking for NSA fun etc., please text pictures of yourself to the phone number. I'm sure these scammers would get a lot of D!ck pics.
    I like this one!
    Like TurboV8, pinkflower, SWAT liked this post

Most of these calls are routed through third parties that don’t exist the next day. I put my number on the Do NOT Call list and these spammers were some of the only calls to still reach me.
    But it could work...
    It's definitely worth a shot. There's so many spam phone calls. You could eliminate most of them without having to go to extremes of changing your phone number. Do Not Call list works for me, for the most part. Additionally, I believe you can write complaints about certain #s and if you're willing to fight back some, I bet most spammers will eventually stop bothering you.

Best of luck :-)
    Like Gullible, pinkflower, SWAT liked this post

Outofideas will become famous soon enoughOutofideas will become famous soon enoughOutofideas will become famous soon enoughOutofideas will become famous soon enough

These scammers I feel seriously underestimate a lot of people’s intelligence. Lol
    Like pinkflower, SWAT liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Bawston View Post
    "NO!!! And stop calling me - you're making me crazy!"

"Well we have a pill for that too!"

Seriously, that did crack me up.
    I just saw this. Cracked me up too.

And I'm feeling very pissed off about everything at the moment so it's great when something makes you laugh!
    Like Gullible, Bawston, loveallpeople, SWAT liked this post

rachy will become famous soon enoughrachy will become famous soon enough

This is so funny that someone would think you would believe it!

I also don't answer the phone to numbers I don't know or if I do I answer it: "Hello, may I ask who's calling?" I get heaps of telemarketers coz I do paid surveys so they have my number. A lot of the time I end up saying "Sorry, Rachy is not here right now can I take a message?."
    Like loveallpeople, SWAT liked this post

18. Curious scam for sure. Ive had fake calls from the IRS, FBI, Microsoft. I always keep them on long as possible and torture them with mind games letting think they have a fish on the line. I do this hoping it prevents them from scamming someones grandma due to lost time.
    Like Mrs Parker, SWAT liked this post

tangentially, my younger brother used to get scam calls from the nigerian contingent so being who he is, just picked that ball up and ran the field with it. he gave them an actual WU number, not to them of course but real for tracking purposes so when he was finished they were at each other accusing in their troupe of ripping the others off. ultimately, he kept calling them with one letter off in a name, one digit off in a number.....to the point they begged him to stop calling. then that's just the way he is, so others may experience different mileage.
    Like Mrs Parker, Mecha, Gullible, Bawston, SWAT liked this post

I already have one persistent sale man calling and telling me he offers discounts if I get referrals. Also texting me openly about what meds they have available. This sounded not discreet to me.
    Like SWAT liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast