Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best antibiotic for acne?

1. Do you order your obagi or get professional treatments done?

2. I tried everything from medicated herbal pills to accutane. I had acne until about 26 and then cured it through accutane.

Didn't really suffer any side effects of accutane apart from the ridiculous red face for 3 months! But has worked a treat.

If your not will to go that far I did use benzoly peroxide very effectivle, did the acne.org regime and cleared me up significantly just found it quite impractical.

3. Quote Originally Posted by tony1981 View Post
    I use a topical lotion called Zineryt. It is erythromycin and Zinc acetate. Has been keeping my skin under control for a long time, along with avoiding certain foods. Does contain alcohol unfortunately, but isn't too bad if a moisturiser is used.
    Do you know if I would be able to get this product online somewhere (U.S) without a prescription? I've had Scalp Folliculitis for about 6 years now and it's progressing into Necrotica Miliaris which is causing me to have bald spots and lose hair in patches. Please help me if possible, I'm so tired of this condition. Thank you.

4. My youngest so is on tetracycline (low dose) and no more acne for the past 6 months (he is 18 yrs old). He has a prescription.

You can buy this over the counter at the Farm supply stores. 1 ml liquid is 200 mg so you have to adjust the dosage. I just added this for the folks who have no insurance. $ 18 for 100 ml (200 mg per ml.)
    Helpful Mrs Parker Rated helpful

Antibiotics are available as topical preparations for mild acne, and as tablets, capsules and elixirs for oral use in moderate and severe acne. I would suggest you using either Clindamycin or Erythromycin, these are time proof medications that have most of the benefits.

6. You can buy the tetracycline at the pet store in 500 mg small packets (like the little wet whips you get at fast food restaurants. It is oral and reasonable but I can't recall the price right now (no prescription). Even cheaper is the injectible bottles for about $15 and you can take it orally have a syringe and needle and draw it from the bottle but you do not have to do it that way. Once again cheap and Pharma grade as it is used for Animals (cattle, swine etc). They also have a 7 ounce bag of powder tetracycline and it also cheap. you can mix it with a water or a drink to mast the taste. Due to my Cancer I have low immunity and a cut that would not heal etc. After a week on the stuff I am as good as new and now keep a bottle handy. The shelf life is a year.

Nosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to behold

Out of all the antibiotics I tried for acne, lymecycline worked best for me. It was in no way as effective as accutane, but it kept my acne at bay.

The issue I had was it affected my liver and I had high liver readings when I had my bloods done. I then went straight on to accutane and even though I've stopped my course of it, I still experience side effects especially joint pain and overall lethargy.

Kessa is a splendid one to beholdKessa is a splendid one to beholdKessa is a splendid one to beholdKessa is a splendid one to beholdKessa is a splendid one to beholdKessa is a splendid one to beholdKessa is a splendid one to beholdKessa is a splendid one to beholdKessa is a splendid one to beholdKessa is a splendid one to beholdKessa is a splendid one to beholdKessa is a splendid one to behold

@Beakay- I started making homemade soap with activated charcoal and different clays for my son. So You probably already thought of this but I know from being on the soapmakers board that people sell soap all over the world, check out Etsy for acne handmade soap or any handmade shop.
    MY DEVIL DANCED WITH HIS DEMON AND THE FIDDLERS TUNE IS FAR FROM OVER. - DEXTER

9. The best antibiotics for acne, and not in this order are: Doxycycline/Minocycline, Bactrim, Ciprofloxacin, ampicillin/amoxicillin. You should give generic bactrim a try(sulfamethoxazole-Trimethoprim). Any of these should work for your acne. All of these are very powerful, and have very broad spectrums. Did doxy work for you and then stopped working all of a sudden, or did it just not work at all?

I've read that Doxycycline is actually very good at clearing acne and my friend, which tried half a dozen treatments before finding it, still swears by it to this day! That said, as weird as it sounds, do you usually eat chocolate? For some reason, whenever I had a bad case of acne it was usually triggered by chocolate and ever since I stopped eating it (or much of it anyway) I cleared up!

11. @Nosleepforweeks. As @LiaTown mentions, Doxyxyxline is excellent for acne, and I used it when I was younger. Now, I use retinA, and it improved my overall complexion, and I have no big breakouts. (Just a few small pms related white heads that disappear oversight).
    It is about $4 online at an IOP, and can cause dry skin, but worth it in my opinion.

Reigning Blood will become famous soon enough

I did a few rounds of accutane back in the 90's, when I had acne - then I met a Dr. that explained the "hot shower, cold rinse routine" which worked for me. I just used a soap with mild properties with hot water to open the pores, then followed with cold water to tighten the pores back up (as cold as possible).
    I had oily skin, but this worked wonders for me. As long as I didn't wait too long to shower after working up a sweat, it cleared me up.

13. I had sever acne as a teen, and was prescribed Accutane and Retin-A.

Nowadays....I truly believe that Diet plays a large part of this equation.
    Do you eat junk food?
    Do you eat highly processed foods?
    Are you chronically Acidotic?

14. Bad acne / long term acne anti biotics wont cut it . Boils , sudden spots etc yeah antibiotics will help . Only accutane will improve your acne given time . Also tretinoin gel will help reduce it and helps with scarring

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234