NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1256 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High blood preassure and benzo

120/85 while on 50mg/day hyzaar for a month. My doc decide to change from cozaar after he thinks that cozaar didn't gives much positive effect.
    Plus I took 2 350mg soma and 10mg valium the night before taking my blood pressure at noon.
    I did change my diet, took more fiber,less carbo and loose around 3kg. My body weight is now at 70kg.
    Now have to start planning to quit smoking.....

Dr-Feel-Good will become famous soon enoughDr-Feel-Good will become famous soon enoughDr-Feel-Good will become famous soon enough

@blazie
    Taking benzodiazepines with blood pressure medication is a tricky question. It all depends on your body and how effective your current blood pressure medication is working. 99 times out of 100 taking a small recreational dose of benzodiazepines with your blood pressure medication will only serve to HELP your blood pressure. We all know that stress and other factors can raise our blood pressure and benzodiazepines reduce stress. It is very common for benzo's to be prescribed alongside common blood pressure medicines to increase their efficacy. Just don’t take a whole hand of benzo’s and your blood pressure medication because that could cause a dangerously/fatal drop in your blood pressure. Remember, your blood is your life! Lol
    Dr-Feel-Good

Katniss has a spectacular aura aboutKatniss has a spectacular aura aboutKatniss has a spectacular aura aboutKatniss has a spectacular aura about

Another excellent bp med, that I have been taking for approx 15 years, is called Clonidine (or Catapres). I take 0.2 3X/DAY...well, that's what my script says to do....But, unfortunatley, I have gotten myself into a heap of expensive trouble, as , over the past 6 or so months, I have tripled the amount I take...why??
    Well, it calms me down when I am out of benzos, which I have also been taking (reasonably) for approx 15 years. I do have severe generalized anxiety disorder, bouts of agoraphobia, social anxiety and bad panic attacks..so the need for benzodiazepiones is quite legit. Do NOT do what I do>>I'm currently with a new family doctor who is wonderful and helping me to come back down to 3 a day!
    But really, it is an excellent BP med.
    Peace,
    Katniss
    Oh, and of course, check with your dr. first...duh!!!!!!! I slipped and had a blonde moment!!lol

Jambotam is offline Banned Reason: Relaying forum discussions to venders
    Jambotam has much to be proud ofJambotam has much to be proud ofJambotam has much to be proud ofJambotam has much to be proud ofJambotam has much to be proud ofJambotam has much to be proud ofJambotam has much to be proud ofJambotam has much to be proud ofJambotam has much to be proud ofJambotam has much to be proud ofJambotam has much to be proud ofJambotam has much to be proud ofJambotam has much to be proud ofJambotam has much to be proud ofJambotam has much to be proud of

I take ramipril for hypertension , but I have noticed that taking a Xanax 30 mins to an hour before a reading can knock 5-10 points off my numbers

Cheers T

5. I take xanax and propranalol whichnis a high blood pressure med. They are made to work together. Very good combo.

6. It certainly depends on the hypertension medication you are taking but all in all I would say that is a bad combo. Don't want something depressing your CNS on top of other drugs.

doesit is just really nicedoesit is just really nicedoesit is just really nicedoesit is just really nicedoesit is just really nicedoesit is just really nicedoesit is just really nicedoesit is just really nicedoesit is just really nicedoesit is just really nice

If suffering with high BP best not to touch benzos - not they dont work as someone said above, reducing stress thus reduced bp,but long term addiction develops fast which isnt a ride you can quit easily.just switch between different bp meds before doing combo,since short term it might help -but seems you need more exercise to shed some weight off,and with benzos its quite opposite since they slow you down also on some people they add weight,not sure is it increased hunger or being more tired all the time.

I always thought i have high BP but trying propanolol quite few times at 20mgs it would know my heart rate into double digits where id feel nauseated for hour,thus strong stuff and would use it sometimes as substitute for benzo anxiety,but wouldn't touch it daily or even monthly.Even thou recommended dosages are way above ,and few times a day,so id say issue lies with finding right ones that work for you.

Since benzo lure is high specially if one can get it scripted,but long term they wont solve your BP issue and may add to more troubles -specially if getting xanax.That said everyone's different thus cant say have med degree,thus just evaluate is it worth taking anxiety meds just to get few digits down,or are you ok mentally and just need change in lifestyle,rather then resulting to taking more drugs.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12