Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: what is seroquel side effects

Chancer has a reputation beyond reputeChancer has a reputation beyond reputeChancer has a reputation beyond reputeChancer has a reputation beyond reputeChancer has a reputation beyond reputeChancer has a reputation beyond reputeChancer has a reputation beyond reputeChancer has a reputation beyond reputeChancer has a reputation beyond reputeChancer has a reputation beyond reputeChancer has a reputation beyond reputeChancer has a reputation beyond reputeChancer has a reputation beyond reputeChancer has a reputation beyond reputeChancer has a reputation beyond reputeChancer has a reputation beyond reputeChancer has a reputation beyond reputeChancer has a reputation beyond reputeChancer has a reputation beyond reputeChancer has a reputation beyond repute

@Quirk

I only just saw your post today. If you want to get someone attention just put a @Quirk in front of their name with a space at each end. I am glad to hear you didn't have too much long lasting damage from side effects and hope you are still doing well.
    @chris100
    I don't understand why you are being prescribed this medication for Insomnia (do you have underlying mental health issues?)
    It is such an aggressive and toxic medication to prescribe for Insomnia and isn't reccomended in the UK for anything other than a Psychiatric drug and in very rarely (none that I know off) cases for insomnia. if I was you I would do some research on line and take this information to your doctor and point this out. pharmaceutical companies are attempting to market it as also beneficial as a sleep medication (it's really not) If you read the posts I have already put on the thread it will give you a good place to start in terms of research. It is also mentioned in the "Ashton Guide" as a medication which should only be prescribed for psychiatric purposes. I would advice more research chris and another conversation with your doctor to discuss exactly why he chose such an aggressive medication for you. :-) :-) :-) :-)
    Likes chris100 liked this post
    Sometimes saying nothing is worth a 1000 words; The Dalai Lama

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    what is seroquel side effects
    chris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond repute
    chris100 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Chancer View Post
    @Quirk

I only just saw your post today. If you want to get someone attention just put a @Quirk in front of their name with a space at each end. I am glad to hear you didn't have too much long lasting damage from side effects and hope you are still doing well.
    @chris100
    I don't understand why you are being prescribed this medication for Insomnia (do you have underlying mental health issues?)
    It is such an aggressive and toxic medication to prescribe for Insomnia and isn't reccomended in the UK for anything other than a Psychiatric drug and in very rarely (none that I know off) cases for insomnia. if I was you I would do some research on line and take this information to your doctor and point this out. pharmaceutical companies are attempting to market it as also beneficial as a sleep medication (it's really not) If you read the posts I have already put on the thread it will give you a good place to start in terms of research. It is also mentioned in the "Ashton Guide" as a medication which should only be prescribed for psychiatric purposes. I would advice more research chris and another conversation with your doctor to discuss exactly why he chose such an aggressive medication for you. :-) :-) :-) :-)
    Well thats why i cant wait to see my new doctor the first week in Aug. Then he will have somw answers for me. He ordered 4 tests on me before he went on holidays. So i hope the tests show him somthing.
    Likes Chancer liked this post

jagar2013 will become famous soon enough

Seroquel is very good medicine, especially for anxiety. It is very good for intensive thinking, which you can’t control too. But I think to short usage in mono therapy (several month), next often is necessary antidepressant or originally Zyprexa. Seroquel you can easy dosage it work so fast as aspirin – small dosage for anxiety, bigger at night give you strong sleep – you can fall asleep in 20min. but next morning you can’t stand up, you are laying to in bed and you want still more to fall asleep but that sleep don’t give you relax. After long time of usage him you fall depression. It causes weight gain too.
    Likes Chancer liked this post

eagleguy73 has a spectacular aura abouteagleguy73 has a spectacular aura abouteagleguy73 has a spectacular aura abouteagleguy73 has a spectacular aura abouteagleguy73 has a spectacular aura about

Not sure why someone on this thread was prescribed Seroquel for Insomnia, weird. But... if Insomnia is your problem Restoril would do the trick

For me my go to sleep aid is Restoril, for me its the best sleep aid by far. I take 1 and 30mins later I'm out and sleeping like a baby. Plus when i wake up I feel refreshed and wide awake.

Good Luck with your problems
    Helpful Chancer Rated helpful
    "Treat others as you would want to be treated "

I would like to emphasize my statement. Seroquel is especially very good for anxiety and for intensive thinking, which you can’t control. That it causes fast fall asleep is fine “side effect”. It is probably good antipsychotic.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleguy73 View Post
    For me my go to sleep aid is Restoril, for me its the best sleep aid by far. I take 1 and 30mins later I'm out and sleeping like a baby. Plus when i wake up I feel refreshed and wide awake.
    Temazepam like other benzodiazepine drugs can cause psychological and physical dependence.
    Also Temazepam should not be administered for longer than 4 weeks including a period of gradual weaning drug. Antipsychotics may but unfortunately prolonged drug use can cause symptoms of depression.
    Life is short dream.

8. Hey, sorry i was away. I got sectioned at the end of July. I was "in" for 16 days. I'm okay now. I was off all meds for months. They didn't even know, the whole time I was hospitalized, that I was paranoid. I had been paranoid for months without knowing it. They had me in there for my eating disorder, which they did nothing for. They did not treat it. They tried to get me to eat. I did not eat their food. They do not treat binge eating at that place. I left AMA, totally disgusted. I never told them I was suicidal, had to lie my way out of there. The doctor never read my chart and therefore had no clue what to do with me and never listened. I personally watched him sign papers he didn't even read. I saw them give a patient refeeding syndrome (look it up). I pray she lives. Thankfully, when you have refeeding syndrome you get so apathetic that you really don't know what's going on and don't have energy to care or get riled up that the place did you wrong or sue for malpractice. They are an eating disorders unit and not equipped to handle paranoia, not really. They just thought I was "smart" or something. I got outa there a wreck-and-a-half, just a mess. They had no appointments set up for me, nothing, of course I'd left AMA.

Thankfully, I have a smart doctor who has known me 11 years and she recognized what the problem was. They did not even see it. They were in close proximity with me and they were supposedly observing me and talking to me....geez. But they say folks with paranoia are good at hiding it and can conjure up a good story, and being a writer, I guess that's just what I did.

I watched them lie to the kids, giving out Seroquel like it was candy, telling the kids it was for anxiety. Naw. I got the head nurse to admit it to me. It was to get them to work up an appetite and put on weight. That's deceptive, lying, cruel, and flat-out wrong.

I got better in spite of this "non-treatment." I'm on a teensy dose of Abilify, which does not put weight on me or give me an appetite, just gets rid of the paranoia, and a small dose of Topamax for binge eating and insomnia. I'm not dopey and I have no trace of tardive dyskinesia, akathesia, dry mouth, or anything like that. Must say, I'm rather pleased. But the best part is that my dog has transitioned from "pet" to service dog in training. This was long awaited. Her name is Puzzle, and this is the missing piece of the puzzle now in place.

chris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond repute
    Seroquel is a good medicaton if you use it right. As for me, i only take 300mg at night time fo sleep. It does work for me but i dont think it helps my moods. But great for sleep.Now i need to know if i should ask my doctor do i take a sleeping pill or stay on the seroquel.I guess i need to talk to him about that.

10. Seroquel is so weird because if you take very little it will actually knock you out more! And will have less of a tendency to put weight on you...maybe. I would say that if your doc is giving you 300 mgs, it is more than just for sleep. That dose is given as an antipsychotic. It is not a mood stabilizer. It can be given to control mania I suppose or to bring someone down. I doubt it would help depression. If anything, it would make depression worse due to its sedating effects. It made me super depressed because it put so much weight on me. It also made me so weak right before every meal because my blood sugar would drop. It think for a time I had actually become pre-diabetic due to this med. Is the doctor having you go to an eye doc to have your eyes checked? You need to get checked for an eye disorder while you are on it.

Jhood will become famous soon enough

Here's a short list of some of the side effects related to Seroquel use: sluggishness, fatigue, dry mouth, sore throat, dizziness, abdominal pain, constipation, upset stomach, orthostatic hypotension, inflammation or swelling of the sinuses or pharynx, increased appetite, and weight gain..... yumm lol

I should be taking 600mg before bedtime, but it was my choice to work my way down to 300mg at night. As for it being a mood stabilizer it is. It works for some people and some it doesnt. The only good thing i can say about this drug is it helps with sleep. Im not on the extended release ones cause they do make you feel bad during the day. Im on the ones that hit you within 1hr and you do feel like going right to bed after taking one. My doctor said i have a mild case of bipolar number 1 so thats why he started me on Seroquel. I dont have any regrets other than my weight gain. But im sure if i got up from my lazy ass and started working out a little bit, i would loose the weight. Even taking walks in the evening time would help. But anyway, those that are on it i wish you the best of luck. Your good friend chris100

I was also prescribed Seroquel for insomnia, some time ago, as it does have the effect of making one very sleepy. I no longer take it but i do remember the increased appetite and sluggishness. It basically just knocked me on my arse for hours at a time. If i didn't just go straight to sleep, i did get rather dizzy if i stood up too quickly.
    A close family member was on it as well, and it helped to quell psychotic episodes that were a result of drug abuse (unknown at the time).
    It evens you out, that's for sure. I remember personally feeling like i was wrapped up in cotton-wool, mentally and emotionally speaking. Sort of a detachment from the world around me.
    And i was like a bottomless pit with the appetite thing.

I beleive Seroquel is amazing for sleep. As for anything else it doesnt do much. I use it for a sleep aid. My doctor tell me i have a mild case of bipolar 1, but i dont think so. Yes i have my moods but that doesnt mean i have bipolar 1. I think a lot of doctors mistreat people to what they really have. Its just to easy for them to write a script and say see you next time. Thats not what doctors are here for. It seems if there busy, they will just write you the script and away you go. Thats pretty sad, but thats whats happening. I need something for sleep, but not a antipsychotics. A sleeping pill would be nice for sleep, but not Seroquel. As far as im concerned im being mistreated to what the doctor is giving me. When i see him next time i will mention this to him and see what he says.

Well today is the day im going to ask my doctor for sleeping pills instead of taking Seroquel. Not sure what he is going to say but its worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by chris100 View Post
    Well today is the day im going to ask my doctor for sleeping pills instead of taking Seroquel. Not sure what he is going to say but its worth a try.
    But if you have found that that Seroquel is "amazing for sleep", why would you try to get your doctor to prescribe sleeping pills instead?
    Regardless of your opinion about his diagnosis, the side effect of Seroquel which induces sleep is often a much better treatment than an addictive sleep med that has its own set of problems if used for any length of time.
    If you had not found that Seroquel was "amazing for sleep" in your experience, I guess I could understand why you might want to discuss an alternative treatment with your doctor. But if it's helping you, why look for alternatives?

Quote Originally Posted by alumni View Post
    But if you have found that that Seroquel is "amazing for sleep", why would you try to get your doctor to prescribe sleeping pills instead?
    Regardless of your opinion about his diagnosis, the side effect of Seroquel which induces sleep is often a much better treatment than an addictive sleep med that has its own set of problems if used for any length of time.
    If you had not found that Seroquel was "amazing for sleep" in your experience, I guess I could understand why you might want to discuss an alternative treatment with your doctor. But if it's helping you, why look for alternatives?
    I hear what your saying but i have gained 35 pounds being on Seroqel. Its something i would like to try and if it doesnt work out then i will go back on it. I just need a change. Thanks for your comments alumni.... means a lot.

I have a question.... Can anyone tell me how to loose weight while toue taking Seroquel??? I do need it for sleep, so i have to take it. Anyone have any ideas what to do? Thanks

seroquel side effects for me were drowsiness ALL day, It would definately let me sleep well but getting up was hell. And on top of that I was tired all day. Thats that stuff i dont like.

When I was taking Seroquel I felt like i had brain fog and it also had a scarey side effect: I felt like I had an outof body experiece and I was walking through a blog (just like the movie) I would never use it again. Now my daugter who has Aspberger's it helps whern combined with Stattera. She had none of my symptons.

COSGringo is offline Banned Reason: Reluctantly had to kick off COSGringo because he became consistently belligerent
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    Used it as a sleep aid. Oh lord that stuff sucks. It works but at what cost?

Bleck.

22. what is seroquel side effects
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast