Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: what is seroquel side effects

This drug was a complete nightmare for me I would sleep all day for weeks only waking up short periods of time to feel pissed off at nothing at all it was horrible for me but doc kept telling me it will get better so give it time 3 weeks and ill never take it again, everyone is different I am sure many people find it to be helpful for sleep or there symptom's,
    Helpful Allycat Rated helpful

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosleepforweeks View Post
    I keep a small supply of seroquel in the rare instance I need to knock myself out fast.

I got so fat when I used to take it daily. I gained about 30 kilos. Once I swallowed that seroquel the fridge would get completely hurt. I just couldn't stop eating! I felt like I was on the verge of getting an illness or something e.g. diabetes. It totally ruined my sex life and I was not motivated to do anything.

People actually snort this drug in prison. I couldn't think of anything worse.
    Yes, for a period of time I let a doctor try this drug on me and others and every one made me gain weight a lot of it too, I stopped letting him experiment on me and now I am losing weight slowly but a lot better now I don't have to deal with side effects !

Prescribed this and another antipsychotic for anxiety & depression...I found nothing beneficial from this med...descending into an anxiety ridden haze hardly able to function and losing myself...Despite this my p-doc wanted to increase the dosage....Reading the posts here and doing my own research I'm astounded and angry that this kind of medication can be given out with no concerns like candy....It's being used for so many 'off label' reasons - it's criminal....and of course it's one of the biggest sellers....

5. I have bi-polar 1 disorder. I have been taking Seroquel for 9 years or so. I always have manic episodes in the springtime and I do not sleep for always 17 days. After about a week I can finally lie down for an hour or so. I cannot sit down. I usually clean, walk around outside or just lean against a pole. I am lucky to live in the country and my mother takes care of me so I don't have to be hospitalized anymore. I am 56 years old and for five years I have had terrible headaches. I was diagnosed with having a herniated disc and I use the Fentynal Patch (75's)and hydrocodone. I am looking for a surgeon to replace the disc in my neck. Two nights ago I was feeling manic so I tripled my Seroquel. I woke up with one of the worst headaches I have had in a long time. So last night I took a very small amount of Seroquel and today I had only a slight headache. I researched the Serquel and had no idea it could cause headaches. In the study I read of 7,600 people, 32 percent of complained of headaches. I was floored. I first took Zyprexa when it first came out during a manic episode. I assume I started taking Serquel while I was having a manic episode looking for something to bring me down. I used Benadryl to sleep last night. In the same study only 1 percent of people taking Zyprexia complained of headaches. The study included age, gender, the length of time people have taken the drugs among other things. Has anyone in my shoes have headaches when using Seroquel? Has anyone using zyprexia have headaches? If you have taken either of these drugs, do you have headaches? My other question is should I just go cold turkey tonight and see if I have a headache in the morning? Can you imagine having surgery as dangerous as herniated disc surgery in your neck and it is my medication? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Missmolly is offline Banned Reason: Too argumentative and hostile to other members. Banned after multiple warnings.
    Missmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant future

I took some from a friend as I heard it helped me sleep. it caused me to feel very very depressed I have never ever felt so down. I just lay in bed unable to move I was that depressed, when i did get to sleep I had nighmares, I tried the same thing again and once more it made me feel depressed. I had no suicidal thoughts but if I had that med could have been dangerous.

I also tried risperone with as I did not like the side effects I stupidly took alcohol with it and slept for many many hours. i was lucky.

if you dont need anti psychotics it is not worth trying them.

7. I have gained 70 pounds on this med in 4 years, and my doc said it was not a weight gainer. Also, it is almost impossible for me to stop taking this drug as I have severe withdrawal problems like constant nausea, teeth hurting!, back pain, and of course insomnia! Seroquel is schedule V but it should be schedule II given the withdrawal problems. How many geriatric people did it kill in nursing homes after the FDA told the nursing homes to stop giving it to everybody so as to shut people up (basically a drug straight jacket)? The old people could not have handled the withdrawal just like I cannot handle mine.
    Helpful Toby2000 Rated helpful

Toby2000 will become famous soon enoughToby2000 will become famous soon enoughToby2000 will become famous soon enough

I've been on Seroquel 300mg XR since 2011. In the first couple years I went from 175 to 263 pounds. I did the low carb thing and lost the weight but I still have to keep a close eye on what I eat (staying away from carbs) and my weight. I try to stay between 175-185 pounds, it's not easy but for me this really helps with my bipolar. My psychiatrist added Wellbutrin 450mg daily (3 x 150mg XL every morning) that helped also with depression and for me helped with my weight. I agree the withdraw symptoms are horrible, when I had initially gained so much weight I decided I was done with it. After 3 days I was back on it and haven't missed a day since. Overall for ME the pros outweigh the cons but I would definitely say it's not for everyone and I think people should be warned about the side effects properly before starting it.
    Likes conflicted, millyeleven11 liked this post

9. I have been taking Seroquel for 2 years, from 2015 to 2017 (for depression), and i have put on weight from 152 to 194 pounds. I also noticed tiredness during the time, while i took Seroquel.

It failed my test of if you cant even have 1 beer without heading straight to the sick bed, its too strong, even at the smallest fraction of a dose. At least at first...dont know about once you get a tolerance.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I've been on Seroquel 300mg XR since 2011. In the first couple years I went from 175 to 263 pounds. I did the low carb thing and lost the weight but I still have to keep a close eye on what I eat (staying away from carbs) and my weight. I try to stay between 175-185 pounds, it's not easy but for me this really helps with my bipolar. My psychiatrist added Wellbutrin 450mg daily (3 x 150mg XL every morning) that helped also with depression and for me helped with my weight. I agree the withdraw symptoms are horrible, when I had initially gained so much weight I decided I was done with it. After 3 days I was back on it and haven't missed a day since. Overall for ME the pros outweigh the cons but I would definitely say it's not for everyone and I think people should be warned about the side effects properly before starting it.
    I COMPLETLEY agree with this. I was prescribed seroquel 300mg about a year ago and have gained 25 pounds since then. I was working with my doctor to taper down a few months ago, and I finally got to a point where I wasn't taking it at all. After 3 days of cold turkey I had HORRIBLE anxiety and depression and had absolutely no reason to feel that way! I decided to get back on it and haven't missed a day since. For me, the weight gain was the big driver for tapering off, but the pros do outweigh the cons. A lot of people have said that I look better with the extra pounds, so I stopped worrying about it. I hope at some point I can get completley off of it but I worry about the withdrawals and don't think they're worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, other side effects for me were sleepiness and hunger at first. These have since gone away and I don't really have any side effects of it anymore

12. Quote Originally Posted by ozzyu842 View Post
    i've been taking seroquel for nearly two yrs, it has changed me so much physically. not just the weight gain (6stones), lethargy, confusion, bad memory to mention but a few...
    Anyone got any advice?
    thanks
    I have been on 100 mg of Serequel (generic) for 2 years and I wouldn't be without it. It was prescribed for Bipolar.

I don't see too much of any side effects. I am able to sleep 8 hours and that is all I want.

I also take clonepin which is such a low dose, I hardly feel it

For the Serequel to really work, cut back on caffeine and keep the stress level down,

I gained weight because I wasn't watching what I ate. I also have diabetes and my numbers have been good with metformin twice a day

Good luch

13. Quote Originally Posted by Jhood View Post
    Here's a short list of some of the side effects related to Seroquel use: sluggishness, fatigue, dry mouth, sore throat, dizziness, abdominal pain, constipation, upset stomach, orthostatic hypotension, inflammation or swelling of the sinuses or pharynx, increased appetite, and weight gain..... yumm lol
    Well I don't have any side effects. Everyone is different

The side effect is called the blue bell syndrome. Makes you hungry as heck and makes you crave sweets. i would wake up every night attacking the fridge and eating too much ice cream. Took 2 years to get that weight off.

TBM

Maybe one of the side effects of this drug is the title of this thread !

16. Quote Originally Posted by chris100 View Post
    I have been on it for about a year i guess. I was on 200mg, but now only100mg at night to help me sleep. It does not help me in any other way, only sleep. So i have my appt. with my psyshiatrist next week. First vist with this guy. Im sure he is going to take me off Seroquil, cuase it doesnt help me with my moods at all. I guess its time for them to try something else for me.I have know idea what they will put me on. Will update you guys next week. Thanks
    I just got upped to 300 MG yesterday. I use if for sleep. I haven't noticed much difference in how I feel. I didn't even sleep logner, so Idon't know my magic number

I am also taking lithium and don't notice the difference either.

15mg put me to sleep for 12 hours and the next night 15mg and one beer sent me very nauseated to bed to count the hours to get even that micro dose out of my system. 15mg is about as small a dose I could split the pill into.
    Last edited by DB Dicey; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:06 PM. Reason: dose/

18. what is seroquel side effects
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6