Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: what is seroquel side effects

One definite advantage is it's non-SSRI.

Worst Side Effect: NEVER tell anyone you have it. They will incessently harass you to "hook them up" and not give up.

Back On Topic: Weight gain and dry mouth. The Good Stuff: Quite helpful - if not the BEST - sleep aid as well.

Overall, it's served me well. Unfortunately, I need it atm. My doc understands my current needs (a rarity).
    Last edited by SWAT; 03-31-2019 at 04:42 PM.
    The War on Drugs™ is a TOTAL farce.

Skiff is offline Banned Reason: Multiple Rule Violations
    Skiff will become famous soon enough

Insomnia you know if anything try Doxepin 10mg. If that won’t help maybe with some 1/2 trazodone ans 1/2 of Atarax (Vistaryl apamoate is fine too) I’d that combo won’t do it, then Librium or Clonopin due to their longest half life and smooth relief and antihistamine would be an appropriate for anxiety and insomnia. Panic attacks, GAD and GaD Or mixed depression and anxiety then Wellbutrin that’s at least a good start, and Tramadol or Tapentadol nRI qualities always amazed me, their affinity to mubopioid receptors and somewhat to Kappa and Delta is a bit weak, so their NRI effects is very good and this is what you want to remain sane.

Quote Originally Posted by gazbg View Post
    the big side effecti got was dyskinesia, where u get muscle ticks and stuff, i got alot of facial ticks so i stopped taking it.
    While true, it's very rare.

EDIT - I jumped the gun and didn't realize it afflicted you. I'm sorry.
    Last edited by SWAT; 03-31-2019 at 04:51 PM.
    The War on Drugs™ is a TOTAL farce.

dearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT View Post
    One definite advantage is it's non-SSRI.

Worst Side Effect: NEVER tell anyone you have it. They will incessently harass you to "hook them up" and not give up.

Back On Topic: Weight gain and dry mouth. The Good Stuff: Quite helpful - if not the BEST - sleep aid as well.

Overall, it's served me well. Unfortunately, I need it atm. My doc understands my current needs (a rarity).
    Really? They want it? Why? To be knocked out and get fat? lol
    Likes blueroan17, Skiff liked this post
    But never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm - Stevie Nicks

Mikedan is offline Banned Reason: Previously banned member Chris100
    Mikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to all

I used to take 300mg of Seroquil and it was terrible for me. It definitely knocked me out but it was a medication that wasn’t needed for me. I know what would have worked for me and that’s one of the reasons why im on this site. Doctors think they know but once you tell them it’s a benzodiazepines that is needed , your now considered a drug seeker. Anyway , just be careful using this medication cause it does help people im sure but it has lots of side effects, too many to list here. Google it. Good luck to ya.

I have gained 30 pounds in a month.....sigh....I meet with my doc next week to discuss a change...I hate this med...

wobina will become famous soon enoughwobina will become famous soon enoughwobina will become famous soon enoughwobina will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by dearie23 View Post
    Really? They want it? Why? To be knocked out and get fat? lol
    I hear it's more sought after in prison. Beggars can't be choosers I guess...
    Likes dearie23 liked this post

dearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to behold

Ah yes. Better to be a zombie rather than painfully alert.
    But never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm - Stevie Nicks

9. q

i have been taking serequie l for 2 yearss and do great v it takes about an hour to kick in. It needs to be taken on a full stomach
    i thave been taking trazazone fof years

blimey if there is one thing i've become an expert on over time is seroquel (quetiampine fumate) if anyone needs help!

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 11 minutes after the last post:*

This stuff does have serious side effects (in answer to the thread) it scares me too, but over time i have seen the theraputic results over using it
    there are some of us out there who's symptoms are so disabilitating the risk of taking this medicine is well worth while, even you had to go through the worsed stated side effects and long term effects.. for some it is less horrifying than the quality of life you're left with without it...

specially when olanzepine and respiridone failed badly, whats a guy supposed to do if its the best they got!(it isn't exactly where i imagined i'd be 20 years ago but it is what is[/QUOTE]
    Helpful CrayonBox Rated helpful

I tried them but hated [email protected] Too strong for me. Recently tried splitting them into about 20mgs and they are good for sleep. Do not mix with alcohol, at least at first, if ever. Was prescribed for nerve hypersensitivity to take with ambien at bedtime.
    Last edited by DB Dicey; 05-27-2019 at 05:50 PM.

11. Quote Originally Posted by chris100 View Post
    I have been on it for about a year i guess. I was on 200mg, but now only100mg at night to help me sleep. It does not help me in any other way, only sleep. So i have my appt. with my psyshiatrist next week. First vist with this guy. Im sure he is going to take me off Seroquil, cuase it doesnt help me with my moods at all. I guess its time for them to try something else for me.I have know idea what they will put me on. Will update you guys next week. Thanks
    I was prescribed 300 mgs and started forgetting'

i am back down to 100 mg and suffer just a stuffy nose before falling asleep. Am also diabetic aand haven't had any blood sugar issues

12. I was prescribed seroquel a few years ago, and I’ve typically not had normal reactions to a lot of medications, but it was literally THE WORST THING I’VE EVER TAKEN. I’m usually a pretty laid back person. I took it at night, but during the day everything was extra irritating. Like, i was standing in line at Walmart one day and wanted to physically hurt the lady in front of me because she was talking a little too loud. Of course I didn’t, but that was just one thing that made me stop taking it because that’s not a normal reaction that I have. Several times my emotions were just totally out of control. I stopped taking it after a few days because my family and myself were getting worried about what it was doing. And it made me hungry. Like, insatiable. To the point I was gaining weight.
    But we’re all different and react differently, I’ve known plenty of people that love seroquel and how they sleep so much better on it. So take my experience with several grains of salt- I can’t take Benadryl either because of similar side effects.
    Helpful ludwig1961 Rated helpful

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567