NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1458 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Dumb question o'the day- anti neurotic / mild anti psychotic

COSGringo is offline Banned Reason: Reluctantly had to kick off COSGringo because he became consistently belligerent
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute

Default Dumb question o'the day- anti neurotic / mild anti psychotic

So I on rare occasion use seroquel to sleep. About 25mg at most.

I am still a zombie in the morning (can't get out of bed) and hate that feeling.

My sleep issue is the mind usually clicks on between 1-3 am about work. Not horror stuff about things to do or how to improve db's, crap like that.

So is there a more mild anti psychotic that is easy to order?

What about an anti neurotic? I mean that's what I really have going on. Please don't suggest a benzo. I am already up on those and looking to eliminate them.

Anti histamines, no go and and other sleep remedies.

Hence why I posted here.

THANKS!
    Likes komatose liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Dumb question o'the day- anti neurotic / mild anti psychotic
    Quote Originally Posted by COSGringo View Post

My sleep issue is the mind usually clicks on between 1-3 am about work. Not horror stuff about things to do or how to improve db's, crap like that.

Every night? I have this problem once or twice a week but for me it's around 3:00 AM. I just get up.

Maybe there are some habits you can change? Diet? Time you go to bed? Exercise? Meditation? Acupuncture? Stay up later? Different sleep environment? "Sleepy time tea?"

Melatonin?

Career change?
    Likes COSGringo, Jazie liked this post

audacity is a glorious beacon of lightaudacity is a glorious beacon of lightaudacity is a glorious beacon of lightaudacity is a glorious beacon of lightaudacity is a glorious beacon of lightaudacity is a glorious beacon of lightaudacity is a glorious beacon of lightaudacity is a glorious beacon of lightaudacity is a glorious beacon of lightaudacity is a glorious beacon of lightaudacity is a glorious beacon of light

25 mg Seroquel is not an antipsychotic dose. Antihistamine effects are much more prominent at that low dose than D2 blocking effects. The closest thing to an antineurotic would probably be Neurontin or Lyrica or SSRI's.
    Helpful COSGringo Rated helpful
    "Tolerance to the anxiolytic effects (of BZD's) probably does not occur"

Allycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond repute
    Allycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond repute
    @COSGringo, I don't think you are going to like my answer. First, I don't think there is such a thing as a 'mild anti psychotic' Second, we can't pop a pill for every thing. As you stated this happens on rare occasions Sometimes you just have to go with it. I don't allow myself to toss and turn, counting the hours I have left to sleep. I try reading, if that doesn't work I get up.I have found a few things to be helpful. Chamomile and lemongrass tea helps me. I also had to learn to leave work at work. Recent studies have proven even 20 minutes of exposure to sun shine greatly reduces insomnia.Try to make your bedroom a sanctuary, no TV, fill it with things that arouse pleasant thoughts. Even a color change can be helpful. Try to set up a nightly ritual and stick with it. I still have some difficult nights, but I have learned thats ok, and I usually sleep well the next night. Do your best not to nap during the day. Not sure how old you are, but as we age we actually require less sleep. If your insomnia increases it could be a symptom of an under lying issue, such as depression. I would try more natural treatment before resorting to potent medications.
    Likes COSGringo, ludwig1961 liked this post

ClaraBell has a spectacular aura aboutClaraBell has a spectacular aura aboutClaraBell has a spectacular aura aboutClaraBell has a spectacular aura aboutClaraBell has a spectacular aura about

Have you ever had any therapy? Or if that seems excessive, have you tried keeping a journal? Linguistically articulating our thoughts either by writing or speaking, whether they are emotionally laden or not, reduces their presence in our mind - a process known as "cognitive offloading". The term often refers to its purely mechanistic function, ie. in solving arithmetic problems and similar puzzles, but it is also referred to in psychology as a way of dealing with pervasive, persistent and disruptive thoughts. Even if your problem is coming from neurosis, this method could be helpful. If that alone isn't enough, combined with therapy it might help.

As for the pharmaceutical options, I would agree with a previous poster that you're looking at something like SSRI's if you're trying to treat the neurosis. Although likely to be effective, any GABA agonist like lyrica will probably just give you the same hangover problems that seroquel does. It's probably worth at least trying the journal/therapy route before trying out new drugs.

I hope you get it sorted one way or another, regardless.
    Likes COSGringo liked this post

COSGringo is offline Banned Reason: Reluctantly had to kick off COSGringo because he became consistently belligerent
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    I agree with you all.
    Neurontin is one I have heard of.

Dropping pills I know is a bad idea.

The SSRI route is out for me. Tried a few as docs love to hand those out. Horrible reactions.

I really just need to get healthy and over the SE's of the main med I am on. It's a vicious cycle.

Only good thing is when I get up at 3am I have some deep thoughts in my mind and get some interesting things done whether it be work or creative.

Thanks all for confirming I think what I knew.

Sleep studies don't help those of us on heavy Gaba b meds and can't sleep to begin with.

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 3 minutes after the last post:*

Oh BTW, I've had insomnia since I was about 12.

I don't think I will ever shut my manic brain off. Perhaps that's a good thing.

It's why I took to the bottle for sooo many years. At least I've tackled that problem.
    Last edited by COSGringo; 09-02-2012 at 04:09 PM.
    Likes komatose, LiveLoveLaugh, SpaceMatters liked this post

Sassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to behold

Alright, so, I use to take a lot of sleeping pills to go to bed. I would take 5 or 6 melatonin at a time because I couldn't sleep with less than that. One year I made it my resolution to stop taking any sleeping pills. So, I asked for three days off in a row at w

- - - Updated - - -

*continuing from above...

From work and I didn't take anything for those three days. It messed with my sleep for a couple days, but it was well worth it. But the third night, I slept almost like a human being. It takes time, but it's worth it!! I don't take anything, but if I do need to sleep, I just drink a hot tea that's made to help you sleep. It's wonderful!!!!
    I don't know if that's what you're looking for, but I thought is put my two cents in.
    **animals are my friends and I don't eat my friends**

'Thanks @Sassygirlie

Love tea and it used to work.

I think these days once I get my back fixed, I will get back to working out and all natural. It will take time. I suggest that route for all that can do it.

Meds are a vicious cycle. I don't live by them for my sleep but I have other issues, don't we all?

Thanks again.
    Likes LiveLoveLaugh, SpaceMatters liked this post

Sassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to beholdSassygirlieee is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by COSGringo View Post
    'Thanks @Sassygirlie

Love tea and it used to work.

I think these days once I get my back fixed, I will get back to working out and all natural. It will take time. I suggest that route for all that can do it.

Meds are a vicious cycle. I don't live by them for my sleep but I have other issues, don't we all?

Thanks again.
    Aw I'm sorry you're having issues with so much stuff. I hope your back is going to get fixed REAL soon!!! Backs can be the worst pain ever!!
    **animals are my friends and I don't eat my friends**

11. I recently have been discussing sleep patterns and issues with people after a relative had to take a medical leave for sleep disorders, but primarily for the million meds she was prescribed/stacked for sleep. First thing they did was reduce and then cut out all the addictive sleep meds/benzos. One of her major if not main issue is freaking out when she doesn't get 6-8hrs of sleep. I mean seriously freak out calling my mom and rambling for an hr. From the people I have talked to, many seem to have sleep problems and they just deal w/o meds.

There is no perfect formula of rotating meds that will lock down sleep every night for the months to come.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyButtafuoco View Post
    I recently have been discussing sleep patterns and issues with people after a relative had to take a medical leave for sleep disorders, but primarily for the million meds she was prescribed/stacked for sleep. First thing they did was reduce and then cut out all the addictive sleep meds/benzos. One of her major if not main issue is freaking out when she doesn't get 6-8hrs of sleep. I mean seriously freak out calling my mom and rambling for an hr. From the people I have talked to, many seem to have sleep problems and they just deal w/o meds.

There is no perfect formula of rotating meds that will lock down sleep every night for the months to come.
    Agreed. There's a type of insomnia where it's just a fear of not sleeping. I don't sweat it these days.

Lately I am getting the brain zaps and the middle of the nite panic attack junk.

It's whatever to me. Been down that road.

Thanks Joey.
    Helpful Keith K Stone Rated helpful

LiveLoveLaugh has a brilliant futureLiveLoveLaugh has a brilliant futureLiveLoveLaugh has a brilliant futureLiveLoveLaugh has a brilliant futureLiveLoveLaugh has a brilliant futureLiveLoveLaugh has a brilliant futureLiveLoveLaugh has a brilliant futureLiveLoveLaugh has a brilliant futureLiveLoveLaugh has a brilliant futureLiveLoveLaugh has a brilliant futureLiveLoveLaugh has a brilliant futureLiveLoveLaugh has a brilliant futureLiveLoveLaugh has a brilliant futureLiveLoveLaugh has a brilliant futureLiveLoveLaugh has a brilliant futureLiveLoveLaugh has a brilliant futureLiveLoveLaugh has a brilliant future

I hate sleeping pills. I love sleeping pills. It is the most vicious cycle. Sleep is so seductive. Tune out and avoid all stress and misery for a few hours. TEMPORARILY and only to return tenfold due to the double edged sword. Friggin sleeping pills...
    Helpful londonboy, SpaceMatters Rated helpful
    Likes Cash, COSGringo liked this post

Meh, I took some lame prescribed generic xanax for brain zaps. Took some ambien cr for sleep. The little sleep I got I was part of a small "family" / mafia and I was the numbers guy (I am in real life for a huge IT company). I was making the calls on what stays and goes.

In the end neither really helped me.

Good times.

15. @COSGringo wow and i thought i had sleeping problems. i honestly think that once your back improves and your able to workout vigorously (particularly if you can workout in the AM) you'll find your sleep greatly improves and you may find a smaller dose of sleeping pills to be just as effective. This is just based on my own experience and a close friend who went though something similar to yourself. congrats on getting off the bottle btw, with every sober day your brain should be rebuilding and getting better.

SpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond repute
    SpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond repute
    @londonboy, what a nice encouraging post to our dear member @COSGringo. Anyway, although I am a good sleeper (mostly because my neck pain is least when I lie down at night), I have had nights when my brain won't turn off.

COSGringo, having an active brain is a good thing IMO. Anyway, when that happened to me, mostly back when I was managing IT projects, I would make lists. Then I would feel as if I would not forget. Course everyone is different.
    "We have not inherited the earth from our parents, we have borrowed it from our children".

Thanks @SpaceMatters

I have no lack of lists. Some on paper, a ton of reminders on Outlook. Some sit in my inbox which I don't allow to have more than 10 e mails in my workbox at anytime.

7 day work weeks and trying to get "high ups" to realize there's a disaster coming on the horizon and only you see it is frustrating. There's the iceberg folks! I probably won't get a raise for it either.

Dog is old, back sucks, live on these darn computers, need to wealthy. I had plans when I was younger to be wealthy by 40. I am 2 years behind. Need to leave Corp America. Soon, oh so soon.

Then I might sleep! YAY!
    Likes SpaceMatters liked this post

SpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond repute
    SpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond reputeSpaceMatters has a reputation beyond repute
    @COSGringo, maybe you need a list of your lists.

My dh likes to make list of stuff for me to do. I bring the list w/me on my errands and then OH NO, I lose the list. Darn. I tell him that losing the list is the quickest way to get the errands done. lol.

In regards to work, I do remember those days and dh is not having the best time of it right now either. My Dad always said, "Of course work is no fun. That's why they pay you." Just some words of wisdom from a wise old man.

I assume you have documented your attempts to make sr. mgt aware of said disaster? Gotta CYA.
    "We have not inherited the earth from our parents, we have borrowed it from our children".

@SpaceMatters
    Yup MYA is CYA all the way. E mails which I then save off network. It's covered. I even mentioned paychecks could get affected.

I do have my grocery lists. There's a board on the 'frig. I tell my wife it it's not up there I may not know to buy it. Then the list I make using that list and other things we may need or are on a good sale. I still miss things time to time. Unacceptable.

It's time for me to buy some property in Panama or Nicaragua. Getting the buy in from the wife to leave the gov job is a tough sell.

Such is life. It is what it is. That was the favorite corporate saying at a very large office I was in.
    Likes SpaceMatters liked this post

Hadora will become famous soon enoughHadora will become famous soon enough

risperidone is pretty easy to order anywhere (alldaychemist come to mind) and is available in pretty low dosage like 1 mg or 0,5 mg but i don't think taking antipsychotics for sleep problem is a good choice

Kfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Hadora View Post
    risperidone is pretty easy to order anywhere (alldaychemist come to mind) and is available in pretty low dosage like 1 mg or 0,5 mg but i don't think taking antipsychotics for sleep problem is a good choice
    At a very low dose -way below antipsychotic dose- those meds can help with insomnia. 2.5mg olanzapine ought'a do the trick without any side effects. Antipsychotic dose is 20mg.

22. Dumb question o'the day- anti neurotic / mild anti psychotic