NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1456 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: IMPORTANT: Health Canada recalls all lots of quetiapine (generic Seroquel) from 3 companies

bradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nice

Exclamation IMPORTANT: Health Canada recalls all lots of quetiapine (generic Seroquel) from 3 companies

Just today, Heath Canada announced that 3 companies are voluntarily recalling all lots of quetiapine, the generic form of the widely prescribed antipsychotic medication Seroquel, due to the medication potentially being contaminated with the antibiotic drug clindamycin (which is marketed under various trade names including Dalactin and Daclin, as well as in combination products Duac, BenzaClin, Clindoxyl, and Acanya [combination with benzoyl peroxide] and Ziana [combination with tretinoin]).

Health Canada is reporting that it has not received any reports of adverse reactions being caused by this potential contamination, and that there is only a very small number of patients who are at risk due to being susceptible or hypersensitive to the antibiotics clindamicin or linomycin.

The possibility of contamination was spotted at a pharmaceutic manufacturing factory in China that produces quetiapine for three companies: Cobalt Pharmaceuticals Company, Laboratoires Riva Inc., and Sanis Health Inc.

Hea Canada has said that the products affected include all lots of 25 mg, 100 mg, 200 mg, and 300 mg doses of Co Quetiapine (Cobalt Pharmaceuticals Company), Riva Quetiapine (Laboratoires Riva Inc.), and Sanis Quetiapine (Sanis Health Inc.)

The recall, according to Health Canada, represents less than 25 percent of all quetiapine marketed/sold in Canada.
    Helpful ladyghost, Walty Rated helpful
    I do not work in medicine. I am educated in medicine, pharmacology, conditions, etc.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    @bradw , thanks for posting that information. I used to take that drug, glad I do not take it any longer.

bradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nice

@ladyghost Not a problem at all. I do take quetiapine myself, but fortunately the generic manufacturer the produces the tablets my pharmacy dispenses is always either PharmaScience (pms-Quetiapine) or Jamp Pharma Inc. (Jamp-Quetiapine).
    Likes ladyghost liked this post
    I do not work in medicine. I am educated in medicine, pharmacology, conditions, etc.

FrankieD will become famous soon enoughFrankieD will become famous soon enoughFrankieD will become famous soon enoughFrankieD will become famous soon enough

My girlfriend is prescribed generic seroquel, but hers is made by Sun Pharmaceuticals in India. I occasionally take 25 - 50 mgs when I have bouts of insomnia. I took 300mgs once, and my throat felt like it was constricting and !could not swallow. This happened within the first 30 minutes, after that I fell into a really heavy sleep. I woke up to pee and my legs were very unsteady, to the point of being scarey. It was too strong for my GF too; she now has a prescription for 25mg. The State of Ct mental health service pushes seroquel on everyone that it can, whether they are schizophrenic or not.
    Helpful Walty Rated helpful

Kfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by bradw View Post
    @ladyghost Not a problem at all. I do take quetiapine myself, but fortunately the generic manufacturer the produces the tablets my pharmacy dispenses is always either PharmaScience (pms-Quetiapine) or Jamp Pharma Inc. (Jamp-Quetiapine).
    You never get Teva? Seems to be all the rage here (Montreal) even though it's a US company.

Kfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Kfer View Post
    You never get Teva? Seems to be all the rage here (Montreal) even though it's a US company.
    I get TEVA temazepam down here in Missourri, I know they're present in Canada just never got any.

8. IMPORTANT: Health Canada recalls all lots of quetiapine (generic Seroquel) from 3 companies