NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 493 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Self tests for mental issues

dearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to all

I actually don't have that particular problem amongst my many issues! Lol. I simply do not know any toxic people. Yay!

What I'm wanting to determine is what my problem actually IS. Am I depressed or anxious, and if both, which one mainly causes the other? Which comes first?
    But never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm - Stevie Nicks

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Skeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by dearie_23 View Post
    I actually don't have that particular problem amongst my many issues! Lol. I simply do not know any toxic people. Yay!

What I'm wanting to determine is what my problem actually IS. Am I depressed or anxious, and if both, which one mainly causes the other? Which comes first?
    Those two issues can exist seperate from one another, one isn't necessary causing the other, but it's definitely a good thing to be thinking about! It took me a long time to realize that the majority of my depression was actually a result of my anxiety. When you live your life feeling abnormal and uncomfortable constantly and limited by fear, you're naturally gonna get depressed about it. But it took me a while to realize that, and doctors never really suggested it may be the case, they just viewed it as two separate issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taralumia View Post
    Try this one: What's My M3
    It's a free online test for Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder and PTSD. I think I'll check it out too.
    Surprise surprise, it says I have mental health issues. Didn't need a test to tell me that Interestingly it actually said I likely have PTSD though. I've never been diagnosed with that, no doctors even discussed the possibility, but I have noticed that I have some of the classic PTSD symptoms, like getting startled really easily.
    Likes dearie23, ludwig1961 liked this post

[[
    To thine own self be true... ]]

4. I used to think that 99 % of the folks were fine and 1 % Crazy. This is wrong. I feel that WE all have some sort of mental issues. Most folks can deal with them or they are subtle. The problem is when they are extreme and not manageable. There might be some "perfect folks" out there but not to many of them. I feel like some sort of Psych Doctor when I service some of my Customers. Each has their issues and I also have issues. The name of the game is to identify that you have some issues and try to deal with the problems. I like Cognitive Therapy. I have some GREAT FREE You Tube videos that I watch that let me know that I am not alone and how to deal with problems and even other folks who try to manipulate you.
    Helpful Missmolly Rated helpful

5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrWsWvgVkVw

I strongly recommend watching this video. Very short to the point in dealing with people who manipulate you (or try to).
    Likes Missmolly liked this post

Raspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant future

I was told that everybody is weird inside. It was a psychologist who told me that. We have our outer persona that we show the world and we may be able to cope well but that doesn't mean that we are mentally balanced in every way. There are degrees of things and we can fall into the normal category but tend towards this or that.

I did have a psych eval several times for different reasons so I have had proof that I wasn't crazy. A judgmental person may not have proof, if you want to take it that far. It is probably unusual to have been professionally evaluated at different life stages. Who would go if there wasn't a reason? Not me.

When I was a child I was evaluated. This was not because I had problems except a silly concern that my mother had. I went because my brother did have a problem and so they took us together. Mine came out perfectly healthy and fine.

After life happened for a number of years and it wasn't easy I went back. It was only because of a custody dispute. There was mud-slinging so it was court ordered for both parents. I went and did all the tests. The outcome wasn't pretty but there wasn't any real diagnosis except PTSD. I know what my problems are and what they aren't.

Someone else can judge me but they don't have any proof. My husband thought he was going to get to see mine. It doesn't work that way but mine made him look bad to the courts and he didn't do his. I was deemed ok and he wasn't. He couldn't produce evidence that he was capable of parenting so without his own evidence, he had no case.

I wasn't vindictive and I didn't take advantage but I wanted him to stay away from me. Even if you have joint custody, you don't have to talk.

Back to the point. I think the online tests are pretty accurate if they are good. They base it on what is in the DSM-1V which is diagnostic criteria and a person self-reports mostly. That is what an online test is based on.

I know people who are very different inside but they adapt well and function well. Weird isn't bad, it can be interesting and unique but not dysfunctional. Who isn't a little bit?

Someone who is afraid of spiders is a phobic. That is in the normal range but it is could be pathologized.

There are ways to understand yourself and how you are and why you are what to do about it. That helps so a person can be aware of their own little quirks. We all have them
    Helpful steve12345 Rated helpful
    Likes Missmolly liked this post

Missmolly is offline Banned Reason: Too argumentative and hostile to other members. Banned after multiple warnings.
    Missmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant future

I think people can be as crazy as they like as long as it does not affect their relationships with family and close friends, their employment, or lead too a Criminal record, a pych hold, substance misuse college drop out , in prison etc.
    everyone has that inner voice it is what people do and act with it that really matters. People with dx mental health issues do not get a pass with me + ( unless they are psychotic)
    Maybe I read too much on Tumblr but people do think that having a mental health diagnoses gives them free reign to do and say whatever they want. Ummm NOPE some people dx wth MH issues can also be an ******* If people mentally ill or not behaves in ways which are not socially acceptable and people do not want to be around them which only adds to the critical voice

+saying that I dont bother getting into spats with the mentally ill, it is exhausting and pointless. I just praise the Lord that I am not like them.

Everyone has that inner voice , yet when you try to explain that to them! God help you, if you are not dx or seeing a psych people shout " abelism " (another made up word by SJW for those sweet oppression points)

Yeah everyone has that inner voice that persuades people to do reckless behaviour or to very critical An example being a Victoria Super Model ( sensational figure, pretty and young) loo in the mirror and see themselves as " fat" "not that pretty" " signs of ageing" while everyone else looks like her and thinks WOW! what a hottie.
    I think ALL women have an inner critical voice about their appearance as we are bombarded with images of women that often use photoshop and have secret cosmetic surgery.
    see Kylie Jenner, she has some serious work done to her waist and hip/bum area,it also looks like she had had a boob job.Young women really do stress over images like that.

QUOTE=steve12345;877822]I used to think that 99 % of the folks were fine and 1 % Crazy. This is wrong. I feel that WE all have some sort of mental issues. Most folks can deal with them or they are subtle. The problem is when they are extreme and not manageable. There might be some "perfect folks" out there but not to many of them. I feel like some sort of Psych Doctor when I service some of my Customers. Each has their issues and I also have issues. The name of the game is to identify that you have some issues and try to deal with the problems. I like Cognitive Therapy. I have some GREAT FREE You Tube videos that I watch that let me know that I am not alone and how to deal with problems and even other folks who try to manipulate you.[/QUOTE][/B]
    [/I]
    Yep great points steve!

Reading your posts you seem to have knowledge . wisdom and insight of people taking advantage so I am surprised people even try it with you.
    Last edited by Missmolly; 07-29-2017 at 08:04 PM.
    Likes steve12345 liked this post

Missmolly is offline Banned Reason: Too argumentative and hostile to other members. Banned after multiple warnings.
    Missmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by dearie23 View Post

ha ha I read that as " what I am wearing determines................

I was WTF, never had i@dearie123 pegged as a Bimbo
    Likes dearie23 liked this post

9. It is so funny how we all grow and say : "if I only knew THEN what I know now etc"

When I was much younger I thought the world was like the TV show : "leave it to Beaver" or "Father knows Best" (both TV shows from the 1950's and 1960's. I though people are either 100 % sane or maybe 1/2 a percent of the population were serial killer type ( like Charles Manson type). Nothing in the middle. WRONG ! The truth is that most folks fall in the middle. I deal with them every day at work and personal life. The lesson that I have learned is that you can NOT change someone else. You can only control your own thoughts and REACTIONS to these difficult people and situations. I am pretty good and identifying the folks who target me for one reason or another (usually to get what they want at anyone's expense). The people who are Covert manipulators are the most difficult and Toxic to me but eventually their true motives are shown.

The videos I posted links to have been valuable as I can not identify many of the situations Prior to having to react to them. This way I have a action plan. If you look at all the people that you deal with in life you can figure out what their "Game plan is " (motive). Once you know that you know who you are dealing with. Do not get fooled by the Fake smiles and flattery. ACTIONS speak louder than words.

I just wish I found all this info 30 to 40 years ago as it would have saved me a lot of grief. I would have made different decisions on what choices I made.

If you have any issues that you need help with you can find a lot of good solid advice on the internet forums and even videos.

10. Self tests for mental issues
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2