NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 348 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self tests for mental issues

COSGringo is offline Banned Reason: Reluctantly had to kick off COSGringo because he became consistently belligerent
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute

Default Self tests for mental issues

So what ones are out there? I'd really like to run through some just for self assurance.

Just curious.

Yes, we all know I am a bit of a nut case. So all jokes aside.

Sometimes I definitely get depressed. It could be a lot of things. Work conditions, lack of exposure to UV, definitely some personal life things lately.

I worry about going to a shrink as they are so quick to simply put you on AD's. I have really no interest in that unless completely necessary.
    How do I know? I've been down that road some years ago. AD's made everything bad for me.

I realize a lot of my issues I could probably treat on my own.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Self tests for mental issues
    taralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond repute
    taralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond reputetaralumia has a reputation beyond repute
    Try this one: What's My M3
    It's a free online test for Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder and PTSD. I think I'll check it out too.
    Likes 2005cbr1000rr liked this post
    Gentle when stroked, fierce when provoked

Quote Originally Posted by taralumia View Post
    Try this one: What's My M3
    It's a free online test for Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder and PTSD. I think I'll check it out too.
    Crap... The test just confirmed what i already knew Medium depression and high anxiety... Test is pretty damn accurate Props @taralumia

Recommended Action:

Your HIGH overall M3 Score indicates that you should contact your physician or a mental health care provider as soon as possible to begin a discussion of your M3 results. It is important for you to share these results with your physician.

Your responses indicated that you have occasionally resorted to alcohol and non-prescribed drugs to manage some of the symptoms you were asked about on the M3 checklist. It is important to understand that using alcohol or drugs in this way does not automatically define you as an addict. However, self-medication for such symptoms, even when this appears to be effective, is bound to make such symptoms worse over the long-term. We strongly urge you to share you M3 responses with your physician and to begin an honest discussion about your alcohol and drug use patterns. It is virtually certain that a more appropriate and more effective means for managing your symptoms can be found, bringing with it a real chance for improvement in your functioning, quality of life, and overall health.

I like that website
    Likes taralumia liked this post

This might be helpful for you, might also be fun to do-

Psychological Tests and Quizzes
    Helpful SamCro, COSGringo, taralumia Rated helpful
    "I don't trust anyone who hasn't been self-destructive in some way" J. Depp

Thanks @taralumia- I now know I have anxiety and PTSD both high , no depression and I am not bi-polar. I have had OCD since I was a child, its only gotten worse as I have gotten older.
    Very interesting thanks for the link.
    "I don't trust anyone who hasn't been self-destructive in some way" J. Depp

Thanks for the link to that site @taralumia! I bookmarked the site and see what it has to say. I'm on AD for depression from a psychiatrist that has treated me for many years now. Curious to see the "test results"!
    Likes taralumia liked this post
    Because no matter where you run, you just end up running in to yourself. ~ Audrey Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by GringoViejo View Post
    I worry about going to a shrink as they are so quick to simply put you on AD's. I have really no interest in that unless completely necessary.
    How do I know? I've been down that road some years ago. AD's made everything bad for me.

Ask your closest friends. It's difficult to see yourself; besides your mind will talk you into anything you want to hear. Tiger Woods knows what he's doing but he still needs a coach. I'm a CFP but I have a CFP manage my investments.

A good psychiatrist shouldn't run to the prescription pad. Diet, exercise and all that crap needs to be examined. I hope you've read my posts about the long on-going process it takes to get the right cocktail.
    Likes taralumia, 2005cbr1000rr liked this post

COSGringo is offline Banned Reason: Reluctantly had to kick off COSGringo because he became consistently belligerent
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    COSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond reputeCOSGringo has a reputation beyond repute
    @billyboy1965
    I actually have not read your posts on it. Have not really dug into this area before.

I do think I need better diet, exercise, and environment.
    Thanks

@billyboy1965
    Can you PM me or point me to your thread on that?

I think I just do need to get out of this hole but it's tough to get going.

It told me to go to the emergency room. lol
    Likes COSGringo liked this post

I've decided I'm a nut case and that's part of my appeal. I am going to embrace my inner whack job self.
    Likes sara22 liked this post

Kfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    A good psychiatrist shouldn't run to the prescription pad.
    A good psychiatrist shouldn't run to the DSM-V either.
    Likes mancman liked this post

dearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to all

Just to revive this thread, I did the first linked test and came out over 90% depression, 90% anxiety, 70% PTSD and low for bipolar. How wonderful. Lol
    Helpful Gullible, steve12345 Rated helpful
    But never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm - Stevie Nicks

15. I never understood how much mental illness is out there. I deal with folks in high places that are sick but wealthy (like CEOs) . I believe that most folks have some sort of mental illness. Some less so than others and most folks can get by. Only when you have extreme issues are you in trouble. You can deal with minor issues with cognitive therapy or self help (I really like this verse drugs).

I will try the this test tonight. I also want to give it to my Mother In Law and see if she is as sick an individual as I suspect.

Here is the actual video from the Assisted Living Staff and Residents when my Inlaws were asked to leave and they left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M
    Last edited by steve12345; 05-10-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    Helpful Gullible Rated helpful
    Likes toby, dearie23, Carter liked this post

Jeez!! Just tried that M3 test and my score was pretty high and I had a red flag. Maybe I'm pretending to myself that I'm coping with things better than I really am, but I'll deffo be taking my printout along next time I see the doc

Much love
    Andie x
    Likes steve12345 liked this post

Missmolly is offline Banned Reason: Too argumentative and hostile to other members. Banned after multiple warnings.
    Missmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant future

I took one which decided which Serial Killer I was most like. The answer ( drum roll)..... was Ed Gein. No idea why I got that response, I mean yes I am fond of my mother and I obviously wear female clothes, but necrophilla! that is not by bag!

( nor is killing people or wearing their skin)

I did check out the M3 test but nothing out of the ordinary showed up.
    Likes dearie23 liked this post

dearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to all

HA!!!!!

I really think these tests are often pointless. The questions are frequently irrelevant to many people, are way too black and white, and also kind of obvious.

They can also make some people feel worse if they are insecure or fearful of any issues they may feel they have, or do have. They may fear the label. Sometimes labels can be helpful in terms of confirmed diagnoses if required, but often they are not helpful or necessary.
    Likes Lumo, Missmolly, mancman liked this post
    But never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm - Stevie Nicks

Lumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of light

I completely agree @dearie_23 and also wonder about the benefit v. harm of tests like that one - particularly as the questions and response options in that test are set up in such a way as to be biased towards finding mental health issues.
    Likes dearie23 liked this post

Exactly, and also, obviously you don't do such tests if you have no interest / suspicion you might not be 100% UNtouched by any kind of mental issue. So that also skews things.

21. If you go to You Tube you will find a wealth of Mental Professionals that have videos that are helpful. I found several yesterday and they cover many topics and are free. Some issues that I have are things that I can do for Me and help me not get manipulated by others. You can not be a victim without YOUR OWN consent.

Lot of tips on dealing with Toxic people and how to get them out of your life (or at lease minimize the damage).

22. Self tests for mental issues
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast