NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1313 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Seroquel

robynz will become famous soon enoughrobynz will become famous soon enoughrobynz will become famous soon enough

Default Seroquel

I am on 200 mg of Seroquel, trazondone, and Klonopin for sleep. None of them by themselves work for sleep. The seroquel is killing me. I can't get up. I set alarms, I don't hear them. People try to call me, to wake me up, I hear the phone but I can't respond. I have tried all the traditional sleeping meds, lunesta, amdien, ect... Does anyone know of anything else that might help? Really appreciate it, thanks. Robyn
    Likes 2005cbr1000rr liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Allycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond repute
    Allycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond repute
    Hi @robynz ,

Are you taking all 3 meds at the same time? If you are that's quite a lot. Have you tried reducing the Seroquel?

I usually see Seroquel 50 mg as a starter for insomnia, the combination of those 3 medications is quite sedating.

I've been dealing with insomnia for years so I empathize with you, best of luck to you.
    Helpful robynz, Jazie Rated helpful
    Likes 2005cbr1000rr liked this post

2005cbr1000rr has much to be proud of2005cbr1000rr has much to be proud of2005cbr1000rr has much to be proud of2005cbr1000rr has much to be proud of2005cbr1000rr has much to be proud of2005cbr1000rr has much to be proud of2005cbr1000rr has much to be proud of2005cbr1000rr has much to be proud of2005cbr1000rr has much to be proud of2005cbr1000rr has much to be proud of2005cbr1000rr has much to be proud of2005cbr1000rr has much to be proud of2005cbr1000rr has much to be proud of2005cbr1000rr has much to be proud of2005cbr1000rr has much to be proud of2005cbr1000rr has much to be proud of

I've only taken trazodone once in my life and it knocked me out for close to twenty four hours.
    I can't imagine the three of your concoction together. Ambien works for me but only at a high dose.
    I wish I had some helpful info for you but I don't. Best wishes though.
    Helpful robynz Rated helpful
    Likes Allycat liked this post

robynz will become famous soon enoughrobynz will become famous soon enoughrobynz will become famous soon enough

Yes, I am taking all 3 meds at the same time, 300mg trazodone, 2 mg Klonopin and 200 mg seroquel. I took all three last night at 8, trying to get to sleep early, so I could avoid the seroquel hangover because I have a Dr. appoinment today. I still didn't get to sleep until 130. I am up now only because I had my fiance give me some caffeine pills before he went to work at 6. (I know, not the way to go.) I have tried all different doses of the seroquel and 200 seems to be the only one that works. I really appreciate your help. Thanks, Robyn
    Likes Allycat, 2005cbr1000rr liked this post

Robynz, that is really a conversation you need to be having with your prescribing provider for these medications. I used to rely on medications such as ambien and/or various benzodiazepines as well as trazadone for sleep while taking ability for bipolar disorder type II. However, abilify caused me terrible insomnia. When I switched to 200 mg QD quetiapine(seroquel), the insomnia vanished, and I no longer needed trazadone, ambien or any other sleep med. I had trouble getting up in the morning though. That trouble never really goes away completely, but over time months of time your body becomes accustomed to the medication, and it is easier to wake. Usually, it is no problem waking to a super-loud alarm---it's motivating yourself to overcome the chemical straightjacket and get moving. But it does get better. I wonder whether the same provider is prescribing all three medications, because usually quetiapine is sufficiently sedating to negate any need for other meds. The provider usually prefers to up the dose of seroquel before adding more medications to the regimen, especially if there are complicating factors such as substance abuse/dependence history.

Is the seroquel prescribed for primary insomnia only, as opposed to a mood disorder? If so, 200mg is a high dose to be on for insomnia. But for a psychotic and/or mood disorder, it's a relatively low to moderate dose. I am at 300mg daily quetiapine, and that is still moderate. 600-800mg is more common for it type I, and doses can reach as high as 1200.

In any event, please discuss with your provider and be as open as possible, ensuring that if multiple providers are involved that all are aware of your entire medication regimen. Insomnia may be secondary to another medical condition. Or it may be a case where extreme psychosocial stressors combined with poor sleep hygiene habits (such as high dose caffeine, being on a light box like computer or tv late at night, exercising late at night instead of morning) may interfere with your med's ability to work. Benzos are intended to be temporary stopgaps for insomnia, since their potency quickly diminishes through tolerance, though in reality I see patients chronically prescribed benzos for insomnia and/or anxiety all the time.
    Helpful cajunbulldog Rated helpful

Kfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the rough

I used to have Seroquel as part of my bipolar cocktail, along with kemadrin, lithium and 45mg Restoril. What me and my shrink learned is that Seroquel and a large dose of a strong benzo like Restoril invariably caused bouts of sleepwalking. I once came to sitting on a bench at a bus stop at 4am, over a mile from my home and wearing pajamas in 45F weather. Walking back home bare feet made for slow progress s when I was flagged down by a police cruiser and asked if I needed help. I told them I would appreciate a ride home and they obliged. They gave me a donut and oddly they never asked me what I had been up too, maybe they had seen it before as I live in a very large city. When I told this to my doctor he changed the Seroquel for Olanzapine. The latter is quite stronger but at least I stay in bed while asleep.
    Last edited by Kfer; 04-30-2014 at 06:20 PM.
    Helpful helix Rated helpful

That is quite interesting Kfer. I am not at all versed with kemadrin, and only have a rudimentary understanding of lithium (mainly its narrow therapeutic window, horrible side effects but universal regard as the gold standard for bipolar disorder amongst psychiatrists). But restoril, being a benzodiazepine, I am not at all surprised to have caused sleep-walking. Based on my own sleep-walking experiences with similar drugs (diazepam, and separately at a different time, zolpidem(ambien) a more selective gaba agonist than the other benzos) I would have to agree that mixing other drugs with benzodiazepines carries the risk of sleepwalking. Not exactly a novel or exciting conclusion, but it should serve as a warning for anyone who is considering playing mix and match with drugs that include benzos, and also demand a rigorous conversation between provider and patient for situations that warrant benzodiazepine-including polypharmacy in outpatient settings.

Kfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the roughKfer is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    That is quite interesting Kfer. I am not at all versed with kemadrin, and only have a rudimentary understanding of lithium (mainly its narrow therapeutic window, horrible side effects but universal regard as the gold standard for bipolar disorder amongst psychiatrists). But restoril, being a benzodiazepine, I am not at all surprised to have caused sleep-walking. Based on my own sleep-walking experiences with similar drugs (diazepam, and separately at a different time, zolpidem(ambien) a more selective gaba agonist than the other benzos) I would have to agree that mixing other drugs with benzodiazepines carries the risk of sleepwalking. Not exactly a novel or exciting conclusion, but it should serve as a warning for anyone who is considering playing mix and match with drugs that include benzos, and also demand a rigorous conversation between provider and patient for situations that warrant benzodiazepine-including polypharmacy in outpatient settings.
    Kemadrin is a potent anticholinergic used to prevent akathisia caused by large doses of olanzapine. Works well for that purpose but has unpleasant side effects of its own such as drowsiness, memory impairment and extreme dryness of the mouth. I have brain damage-induced insomnia which explains the large dose of Restoril. As for lithium it is only toxic at very large doses, personally I get no side effects at all at 1g except for the occasional heartburn.

10. Anyone heard of Seroquel being used for anxiety, if so was it effective?

SoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by robynz View Post
    Yes, I am taking all 3 meds at the same time, 300mg trazodone, 2 mg Klonopin and 200 mg seroquel. I took all three last night at 8, trying to get to sleep early, so I could avoid the seroquel hangover because I have a Dr. appoinment today. I still didn't get to sleep until 130. I am up now only because I had my fiance give me some caffeine pills before he went to work at 6. (I know, not the way to go.) I have tried all different doses of the seroquel and 200 seems to be the only one that works. I really appreciate your help. Thanks, Robyn
    Damn.... are you taking "white lighting" too or something? I'd be knocked out cold on all that.

- - - Updated - - -

@One-anxious . Some do take it for anxiety, although it's usually prescribed alongside with an actually anxiety med. Seroquel is more commonly used at night because of its sedating effects.

Missmolly is offline Banned Reason: Too argumentative and hostile to other members. Banned after multiple warnings.
    Missmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant future

I am on 200 mg of Seroquel, trazondone, and Klonopin for sleep. None of them by themselves work for sleep. The seroquel is killing me. I can't get up. I set alarms, I don't hear them. People try to call me, to wake me up, I hear the phone but I can't respond. I have tried all the traditional sleeping meds, lunesta, amdien, ect... Does anyone know of anything else that might help? Really appreciate it, thanks. Robyn
    Wow that is an awful lot of seroquel you are taking. For sleep Imwas recommended 25-50g. I think you need to,talk to your doctor about lowering your meds. Something is not right if you can't sleep on all those meds.

Let us know how you get on

chris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond reputechris100 has a reputation beyond repute
    chris100 has a reputation beyond repute
    . I was on 300 mg of seroquil about year in a half ago. It did work but I couldn't function. My Klonopin does the job for me. It is a lot that your taking for sleep. Maybe try a different med that might work better so you don't have to take so much. Good luck.

kellison007 will become famous soon enough

I'm on 200mg of seroquil right now and I feel like its starting to lose it's affect for full night's sleep. Do any of you have some rotations set with other medications to where you could come back to seroquil at a lower dose and it resumes it's punch?

Walty is just really niceWalty is just really niceWalty is just really niceWalty is just really niceWalty is just really niceWalty is just really niceWalty is just really niceWalty is just really niceWalty is just really niceWalty is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by kellison007 View Post
    I'm on 200mg of seroquil right now and I feel like its starting to lose it's affect for full night's sleep. Do any of you have some rotations set with other medications to where you could come back to seroquil at a lower dose and it resumes it's punch?
    Have you tried Trimipramine, Mirtazapine, Trazodon, Gabapentin, Pregabaline.....

Swichtover is probably difficult. Some doctors say wean off entirely before starting the new one, but others allow tapering of one and slowly start on the other at the same time to avoid long periods of insomnia. "total" insomnia is very difficult to treat and very few doctors realy understand the problem.
    Helpful kellison007 Rated helpful

16. Seroquel