NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 759 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Warning do. Ot mix risperidone with alcohol

Missmolly is offline Banned Reason: Too argumentative and hostile to other members. Banned after multiple warnings.
    Missmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant future

Default Warning do. Ot mix risperidone with alcohol

I was on a low doze of risperidone and I decided to mix it with alcohol as I was drinking almost every night .
    The effects of combining both meant that I used to sleep for about 11-16 hours and still felt groggy.

Just thought I will let you all be aware

Title should read do not mix
    Helpful Dan9515 Rated helpful

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    SoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond repute

This one pretty much goes without saying.
    Helpful Cash, nwoh Rated helpful
    Likes Moon Shade liked this post

Viewing the world from inside a ribcage made of ice
    winterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Missmolly View Post
    I was on a low doze of risperidone and I decided to mix it with alcohol as I was drinking almost every night .
    The effects of combining both meant that I used to sleep for about 11-16 hours and still felt groggy.

Just thought I will let you all be aware

Title should read do not mix
    I hate to be a downer or a dick dude, but mixing ANY anti-psychotic with alcohol is a recipe for disaster. You know the warning labels on your tablet boxes or bottles that say 'do not drink alcohol with this medication'; they aren't there for fun mate. Anti-psychotics usually depress the CNS system and when combined with alcohol that can cause severe respiratory depression and can lead to a much worse side-effect - not waking up in the morning!

In addition, if you require anti-psychotics you shouldn't be drinking at all anyway; psychotic illnesses are exacerbated severely by alcohol intake and can also lead to pretty bad depressive episodes. Take this from my own personal experience as an ex-alcoholic and current paranoid schizophrenic with severe depressive disorder.

Please, don't do this!

Missmolly is offline Banned Reason: Too argumentative and hostile to other members. Banned after multiple warnings.
    Missmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant futureMissmolly has a brilliant future

I was using/misusing a variety of pills in ORDER to sleep as I didn't want to drink myself to sleep most nights. certain pills caused me to feel depressed.
    I'm now sorted for sleep meds so I don't need to take such measures.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnomyhemoglobin View Post
    I hate to be a downer or a dick dude, but mixing ANY anti-psychotic with alcohol is a recipe for disaster. You know the warning labels on your tablet boxes or bottles that say 'do not drink alcohol with this medication'; they aren't there for fun mate. Anti-psychotics usually depress the CNS system and when combined with alcohol that can cause severe respiratory depression and can lead to a much worse side-effect - not waking up in the morning!

In addition, if you require anti-psychotics you shouldn't be drinking at all anyway; psychotic illnesses are exacerbated severely by alcohol intake and can also lead to pretty bad depressive episodes. Take this from my own personal experience as an ex-alcoholic and current paranoid schizophrenic with severe depressive disorder.

Please, don't do this!
    Likes Sassypat liked this post

docwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to behold

My Doctor prescribed me Respiridone as a sleep aid years ago. I took ome and went to sleep and then went to a friend for coffee in the morning and I couldn't speak. There was a feeling like 1000 soft chainsaws playing some kind of sypmphony in my head and I had no idea who I was. It gradually went throughout the day but I never took them again. I have taken Chlorpromazine as well and that was even scarier. Anyone who has to take these medications truly has my love and sympathy. They are the nastiest drugs I think are in existence and I pray for anyone who has to take them to get well eventually.

I took some serequell and it made me feel very very depressed, so depressed by bodylanguage changed. I could not look at people,
    I just wanted to curl up and die. everything seemed like an effort. it was horrible.

I hope I just had some nasty side effect and those poor people that have to take them daily don't have the depressive and nasty effects. I don't think anti psychotics should be given to people that don't suffer from it.

Quote Originally Posted by docwho View Post
    My Doctor prescribed me Respiridone as a sleep aid years ago. I took ome and went to sleep and then went to a friend for coffee in the morning and I couldn't speak. There was a feeling like 1000 soft chainsaws playing some kind of sypmphony in my head and I had no idea who I was. It gradually went throughout the day but I never took them again. I have taken Chlorpromazine as well and that was even scarier. Anyone who has to take these medications truly has my love and sympathy. They are the nastiest drugs I think are in existence and I pray for anyone who has to take them to get well eventually.

dinger is a jewel in the roughdinger is a jewel in the roughdinger is a jewel in the roughdinger is a jewel in the roughdinger is a jewel in the roughdinger is a jewel in the roughdinger is a jewel in the roughdinger is a jewel in the rough

Weirdly my anti-sickness medicine for when using Buprenorphine which is called Buccatsem which contains prochlorperazine.
    Its only 3mg but the same type of drugs. ( i think but could be wrong).....

I occasionally take a drug that contains a tiny amount of anti psych but they don't change the way I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by dinger View Post
    Weirdly my anti-sickness medicine for when using Buprenorphine which is called Buccatsem which contains prochlorperazine.
    Its only 3mg but the same type of drugs. ( i think but could be wrong).....

dinger is a jewel in the roughdinger is a jewel in the roughdinger is a jewel in the roughdinger is a jewel in the roughdinger is a jewel in the roughdinger is a jewel in the roughdinger is a jewel in the roughdinger is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Missmolly View Post
    I occasionally take a drug that contains a tiny amount of anti psych but they don't change the way I feel.
    @Missmolly .

Yip seem hear, they work fantastic for anti-sickness about every time i use my breakthrough meds.
    I end up having a "whitey" buprenorphine is bad for doing that.

docwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to beholddocwho is a splendid one to behold

@Missmolly
    Buccastem is okay for me, I have taken it a few times and it works really well. It is only actually about 1.5mg Prochlorperazine although this is a very powerful drug so caution is still advised. I was watching the Krays film 'Legend' and looked up the pills Ronnie or Reggie was on called Stemetil and it was the same drug. I took two a few months ago when I was feeling very sick and I swear I started to get the horrible feelings again although this could have been placebo.

12. Warning do. Ot mix risperidone with alcohol