NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 758 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Seroquel and Ambien

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    I use about 3 - 4 mg of seroquel but not often, about every 9 days. 15 - 30mg will knock you out like a sledgehammer if you have no tolerance. I find less is more. There is a bit of next day grogginess even with such a tiny dose. My dose on mirtazapine is less than 1mg, knocks me right out.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Walty is just really niceWalty is just really niceWalty is just really niceWalty is just really niceWalty is just really niceWalty is just really niceWalty is just really niceWalty is just really niceWalty is just really niceWalty is just really nice

Thank you @Gullible . This are very low doses, also for mirtazapine. Lucky you!

I am a longstanding insomniac and have tolerance to 50 mg trazodone and 50 mg trimipramine, both also have antihistamine action, so I guess I will end up with more than you. I would like to come off benzos or at least reduce them and repace them once a week with seroquel would be a start.
    Last edited by Walty; 08-28-2015 at 10:36 AM.

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    When I was taking seroquel frequently it got to the point a 50mg tab did little. I was hooked on benzos at one time myself. I mixed it up, benzos some days, seroquel one or two days, mirt with neurontin to mellow it out, taking about 15mg mirt. Plus anti depressants which are just anti histamines when you get down to it.

I quit it all and while i never was able to sleep well without taking something i did come up with a system. I find mj helps me sleep, i take it for two days, then either the tiny dose of ser or the tiny dose of mirt. I keep cutting down my dose of mirt and it still works, down to about .5mg now. I was on mj every night but it began to lose its effect but 2 days on and one off works fine. I take some etizolam occasionally along with relora, that works great, about .25mg etiz.

5. Holy Cow - you raised a point I haven't thought of. I, too, am a Seroquel user. I have packed on a lot of weight in the last year - mostly because I started an evening snack habit.

I am going to try going without the medicine for awhile to see if it helps.

Thank you so much for pointing that out. I hadn't thought of "Dagwooding" as a side effect of the Rx.
    Helpful MayreeAngel2 Rated helpful

Nosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to beholdNosleepforweeks is a splendid one to behold

Like many others have said on this thread, seroquel definitely causes weight gain. I gained an awful lot of weight, around 30 kilos.

I'd get these uncontrollable munchies, where I'd demolish whatever was in the fridge. I got a big belly, man boobs, and felt so unfit.

Although the seroquel was great for sleep, the sedative qualities subsides after a few months. Nevertheless, I always slept well on it. I also believe that it's got huge abuse potential. I found myself more often than not using this drug to completely knock myself out and escape from reality, with a huge cost to my overall health. Apparently it slows metabolism down and that's another cause for the weight gain. And then there's the risk of diabetes.

The scary thing is (at least here in the UK) that this drug is preferred to Benzodiazepines and used 'off label' too often. Sledgehammer to crack a nut situation IMO

One of the best things I've done is getting off seroquel.

7. Seroquel and Ambien
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2