NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 669 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Geodon and my adventure at a psychiatric hospital

flat top is a jewel in the roughflat top is a jewel in the roughflat top is a jewel in the roughflat top is a jewel in the roughflat top is a jewel in the roughflat top is a jewel in the roughflat top is a jewel in the rough

Default Geodon and my adventure at a psychiatric hospital

so, some of you may remember I was having a hard time dealing with my brother's death. he had terminal cancer all throughout his body. when he was ready to go , I and his girlfriend took turns administering morphine until he passed. then when they came to collect the body, they couldn't get the gurney into his small mobile home. so I helped carry his body out wrapped in a sheet. then just a few months later my wife of 31 years caught me cheating and gave me the boot. the one and only time I promise. so that was the icing on the cake. right after my brother's death I began noticing thins weren't right in my head. so I began to drink to self medicate. after my wife left me symptoms got worse, frequent panic attacks, constant anxiety. so I escalated my drinking, which as you know only makes it worse. I was also driving a cab because it is one job I can do with my chronic pain. and I was drinking and driving. thins got worse and worse and my drinking escalated even more to where I was drinking more and more. in the ER nearly everyday for the last week. then it happened, I had a severe psychotic breakdown. I couldn't quit repeating this nonsensical word. and I began to have auditory hallucinations. i still had sense enough to know i needed help. so i called 911. the ER was no help because my BAC was so high they would not listen to my pleas for help. so after they released me the next morning i went to my PCP who also happens to be the coroner. he checked me in to a psychiatric hospital here in my town. i was scared but knew i needed it. my stay was 8 days. my final diagnosis was major depression, severely psychotic, PTSD and OCD. they began treating me with Librium for alcohol detox, Effexor and Geodon. lots of group therapy and some one on one with a great therapist. the meds are just really starting to work as this was just 11 days ago that i broke down. the Effexor takes up to 6 weeks for full effect and i'm not sure how long before the Geodon has full effect. but i can feel the depression lifting and the Geodon has made my auditory hallucinations much better. i still have some auditory distortions at times but that is minimal. so, since it's too late to make a long story short does anyone else here suffer from crazy and being treated with Geodon? i am only on 20mg a day but they may increase it if the auditory distortion doesn't clear up. i would love to hear from some of you. there is too much stigma associated with mental illness. i hope no one thinks less of me for being nuts.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Geodon and my adventure at a psychiatric hospital
    Thanks for sharing @Flattop. I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through right now but I applaud you for seeking help.
    I do not personally know about the medication you're referring to, although I do know a little something about crazy...
    Hopefully someone better versed with Geodon will drop in soon.
    Just wanted to say I'm sending you best wishes =)
    Helpful flat top Rated helpful

Japaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond repute

I used to be flat out crazy, but I got better. You can too. If you really want to that is.

A lot of people (Im not suggesting you) get caught in a loop and never break free. Dont stick to conventional medicine, look to psychology/psychiatry, look at alternative therapies like acupuncture and hypnotherapy. If you are considered a candidate, I would even suggest seeking out some of the newer experimental therapies.

Be safe, be strong. Youve been through a lot in a short period of time. Just need to reboot your system.

flat top is a jewel in the roughflat top is a jewel in the roughflat top is a jewel in the roughflat top is a jewel in the roughflat top is a jewel in the roughflat top is a jewel in the roughflat top is a jewel in the rough

thanks for the responses. I will definitely seek more help. I am lucky enough to have friends and family that are very supportive. even my ex-wife is very supportive.

Thanks for checking in with us @flat top. Please don't call yourself crazy, or nuts. You've been through some crap, that's for sure. You've got signals all messed up in your brain. Who wouldn't. I agree with @Japaholic. Seek out alternative/complimentary therapies, if possible.

I'm glad to see, you're seeing some improvement. I think the stigma, is improving, as people become more educated, on mental illness. I am not familiar with any of the meds you're talking about, but I wish you the best of luck. Maybe someone else here, has some experience with them. Do a search for the drugs on here, if you haven't already done so. That could be a start.

Blessings to your healing.

Peace

Viewing the world from inside a ribcage made of ice
    winterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of lightwinterheart is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by flat top View Post
    so, some of you may remember I was having a hard time dealing with my brother's death. he had terminal cancer all throughout his body. when he was ready to go , I and his girlfriend took turns administering morphine until he passed. then when they came to collect the body, they couldn't get the gurney into his small mobile home. so I helped carry his body out wrapped in a sheet. then just a few months later my wife of 31 years caught me cheating and gave me the boot. the one and only time I promise. so that was the icing on the cake. right after my brother's death I began noticing thins weren't right in my head. so I began to drink to self medicate. after my wife left me symptoms got worse, frequent panic attacks, constant anxiety. so I escalated my drinking, which as you know only makes it worse. I was also driving a cab because it is one job I can do with my chronic pain. and I was drinking and driving. thins got worse and worse and my drinking escalated even more to where I was drinking more and more. in the ER nearly everyday for the last week. then it happened, I had a severe psychotic breakdown. I couldn't quit repeating this nonsensical word. and I began to have auditory hallucinations. i still had sense enough to know i needed help. so i called 911. the ER was no help because my BAC was so high they would not listen to my pleas for help. so after they released me the next morning i went to my PCP who also happens to be the coroner. he checked me in to a psychiatric hospital here in my town. i was scared but knew i needed it. my stay was 8 days. my final diagnosis was major depression, severely psychotic, PTSD and OCD. they began treating me with Librium for alcohol detox, Effexor and Geodon. lots of group therapy and some one on one with a great therapist. the meds are just really starting to work as this was just 11 days ago that i broke down. the Effexor takes up to 6 weeks for full effect and i'm not sure how long before the Geodon has full effect. but i can feel the depression lifting and the Geodon has made my auditory hallucinations much better. i still have some auditory distortions at times but that is minimal. so, since it's too late to make a long story short does anyone else here suffer from crazy and being treated with Geodon? i am only on 20mg a day but they may increase it if the auditory distortion doesn't clear up. i would love to hear from some of you. there is too much stigma associated with mental illness. i hope no one thinks less of me for being nuts.
    Mate, never be ashamed of your condition. You're completely right, there is a LOT of stigma attached to mental illness. But don't let that get to you. Many of us suffer from it (paranoid schizophrenia with co-morbid severe depressive disorder and borderline personality disorder, myself), but it is how you let that affect you that matters. If it bothers you, it will bother others. I know it is hard to deal with, but people act like they have a god-given right to be happy 24/7. You don't, unfortunately. Welcome to the universe. The nature of existence is suffering, the same as it's ever been. Play the hand you're dealt, and the more positive your attitude toward it, the happier you will be. Take my word for it.

PM me if you ever want support or hell, even someone to talk to. You wouldn't be the first mate. Chin up, chest out.
    Helpful Allycat Rated helpful
    Likes Lumo liked this post

Allycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond repute
    Allycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond reputeAllycat has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by ohnomyhemoglobin View Post
    Mate, never be ashamed of your condition. You're completely right, there is a LOT of stigma attached to mental illness. But don't let that get to you. Many of us suffer from it (paranoid schizophrenia with co-morbid severe depressive disorder and borderline personality disorder, myself), but it is how you let that affect you that matters. If it bothers you, it will bother others. I know it is hard to deal with, but people act like they have a god-given right to be happy 24/7. You don't, unfortunately. Welcome to the universe. The nature of existence is suffering, the same as it's ever been. Play the hand you're dealt, and the more positive your attitude toward it, the happier you will be. Take my word for it.

PM me if you ever want support or hell, even someone to talk to. You wouldn't be the first mate. Chin up, chest out.
    Hi O,
    Great post, unfortunately the member you have responded to has been banned which means he no longer has access to the site

and can no longer post. You bring up excellent points though. It's not the cards you're dealt but how you play them that counts.

We have started a new initiative here in the US (at least in my area) to raise awareness about mental health. Every Mental Health Unit now has a sign

on the door before entering the unit that states "You are entering a stigma free zone". Long over due IMO.
    Helpful ludwig1961 Rated helpful

9. Geodon and my adventure at a psychiatric hospital