NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 532 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Being perscribed the wrong Medications!

medi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud of

Post Being perscribed the wrong Medications!

I've been perscribed a lot of different antipsychotics for anxiety, and I try to give them the benefit of the doubt and at least try them for a week or so, But they never help me and I stop taking them. When you know your own body and mind...These medications can do more harm than good in my honest opinion. For me personally I know that I need one good anti anxiety medication not antipsychotics. Infact I believe that those meds can make an anxiety sufferer even more worse.
    Theses are a list of the Antipsychotics I have been given by GP's for my axiety condition - Olanzapine Teva, Quetiapine, Solifenacin & a few others that I can't remember. But that's what most GP's are like these days when it comes to perscribing benzos...It's like asking them for class A's for pete's sake! So I am not going to take such medications when all I need is an effective anti anxiety med.
    I'd be interested in hearing anyone elses experiences and opinions on this subject? Have you been down the same road?

#PeaceLoveRespect
    Likes mancman liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Being perscribed the wrong Medications!
    I am going to stock up on the list of "antipsychotics" as my Mother in Law is moving in for the next few months !
    Likes mancman liked this post

Skeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by medi1 View Post
    I've been perscribed a lot of different antipsychotics for anxiety, and I try to give them the benefit of the doubt and at least try them for a week or so, But they never help me and I stop taking them. When you know your own body and mind...These medications can do more harm than good in my honest opinion. For me personally I know that I need one good anti anxiety medication not antipsychotics. Infact I believe that those meds can make an anxiety sufferer even more worse.
    Theses are a list of the Antipsychotics I have been given by GP's for my axiety condition - Olanzapine Teva, Quetiapine, Solifenacin & a few others that I can't remember. But that's what most GP's are like these days when it comes to perscribing benzos...It's like asking them for class A's for pete's sake! So I am not going to take such medications when all I need is an effective anti anxiety med.
    I'd be interested in hearing anyone elses experiences and opinions on this subject? Have you been down the same road?

#PeaceLoveRespect
    Yeah it definitely sounds like they're taking you down the wrong road here. I can understand trying one of those atypical antipsychotics for anxiety, but since they're generally not considered to be an effective anxiety treatment (nor are they FDA approved for treatment of anxiety last time I checked), your doctor should have moved on to a different class of drugs by now. I've been put on Seroquel for anxiety, and my doctor suggested trying that again like six months ago, and I flat out told him no. Not only does it not really help, but it's too sedating for me to function on.
    Generally with anxiety the meds that doctors go to are the SSRIs, buspar, Neurontin, Propranolol maybe ONE antipsychotic, maybe a few other things here and there, and then they try the Benzos. Maybe ask your doctor about a medication like Neurontin, which does have some success in some people for anxiety (to a limited degree), but isnt' a controlled substance so it doesn't look like you're "drug seeking"? Or, perhaps at this point your best option is to just find a new doctor.
    Likes medi1, mancman liked this post

[[
    To thine own self be true... ]]

medi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud ofmedi1 has much to be proud of

@Skeletal_Wings Thanks, Yeah they don't want to perscribe any other anti anxiety meds to me. I do get 15mg of diazepam a day but it's no whwere near enough right now. I just got my package of prazolex 1mg "Alprazolam" today, They are pretty good but not as good as other alprazolam "Xanax" I have tried. That is the med I am seeking and when I get a source I'll be a lot happeir
    "Hope is a good thing, Maybe the best of things...and no good thing ever dies."

Skeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really niceSkeletal_Wings is just really nice

@medi1 : Glad to hear they're giving you some sort of Benzo at least. Have they tried you on any of the other meds that I mentioned above? Benzos are generally the ones that work the best, but they can work better if you're on other anti-anxiety medication that's also helping to reduce the anxiety a little. Although I rely mainly on my Klonopin and Xanax for anxiety relief, the Neurontin and Paxil I take daily both help relieve the anxiety too, albeit on a much smaller scale. (I'm also on Buspar, which my doctor thinks is helping with the anxiety too, but I have serious doubts.)
    If you've been on the Diazepam for a while, but the doctor doesn't want to up the dose, perhaps see if he'll just switch you to an equal dose of a different medication. Sometimes that can help, since your tolerance will largely BUT not entirely carry over to the new medication.
    I don't know if you have access to the Senior forums yet, but if not once you're able to get in there I'm sure you'll be able to find a source that fits your needs.
    Likes medi1 liked this post

[[
    To thine own self be true... ]]

@Skeletal_Wings Beleive me I've tried to get any other medication for my anxiety, I was actually at the Doctors today regarding another health issue and when I was asked about my anxiety...It's the same thing. I don't even try anymore. I'm not in the senior section yet, I haven't been a member in the forum a month yet, But I'm looking forward to reaching that status
    Thank you for the advise
    Likes lilrudegirl liked this post

Does the prazolex have that alp taste? That's one of the things that bothered me about some of the Indian alp that I got. It didn't have that bitter taste. Even those Xanors didn't have that bitter alp taste for some weird reason. But those knocked me out. As for Klonopin, I wouldn't even want a scrip for that. Not even Lorazepam. Well yeah I'd take a Lorazepam script. But they'll never give me Xanax. I'd have to really plan everything I was going to say. Instead they give me Neurontin and Vistaril. What a joke. Talk about the wrong meds.

Awful experience with anti-psychotics prescribed for me off-label by my gp and the hospital...Quetiapine (the usual suspect and cure all med they like to dish out 'off-label' for anything.) Could hardly function on it....restless legs - bloody awful....And they wanted to take me up to higher doses! I have anxiety and depression....I'm not psychotic! And I don't hear voices....
    They're really pulling all the stops out on these atypical AP's....soon they'll be prescribing them for indigestion!

@Pothead I just seen your reply, Yeah the Prazolex 1mg that I got do have that alp taste, They didn't come from India. Some docs would rather give out totally useless meds that could potentially make one worse! I really don't understand the logic in that especially when I've just told him in great detail about my anxiety, So I would think that a medication that was invented for those illnesses....ie - An anti anxiety med would be the one to perscribe a person in such distress. But obviously not or I wouldn't be looking at IOPs

- - - Updated - - -
    @mancman I hear you on that one man! I can completely relate to what you're saying there, Hopefully you'll get the what you're looking for ASAP There are a lot of helpful members and reliable info in this forum, Good luck in your search
    Last edited by medi1; 01-30-2017 at 09:13 PM.
    Helpful mancman Rated helpful

11. Being perscribed the wrong Medications!