Thread: Coronavirus - No cure as of yet

1. Default Coronavirus - No cure as of yet

What's everyones take on this so far?
    A few cases have been already reported here in the US. Quarantined, but no report of deaths.
    In the phillipines, they reported already the first death from this virus outside of china.

To and from flights from china to the US have been suspended I believe so far still going on.
    But there is no cure for this yet. I haven't researched yet, but unsure if they found one for SARs.
    Either way, from towards end of december to now about 300 deaths.

I've seen videos how they just drop to the floor in public places.
    Hospitals flooded with patients, many laying on the floor. Although they just finished a hostpial
    for 1000 beds. 10 days to complete!

2. I read somewhere there are flus (flues, fluzzzes??) going around now that are much worse. Someone who knows better correct me if I'm wrong but the problem seems to be more about how contagious it is rather then how bad the virus itself actually is. Basically it's just the flu, but if a lot of people gets the flu at once AND almost everyone that comes in contact with someone who is sick gets their flu, that can be a big problem. It means all the doctors and nurses we rely on for our health care could go off sick at the same time which could be...awkward. It's dangerous for people who already have something else undermining their health (the medical term I've heard use is co-morbidity (which I think might be a good name for a heavy metal band but I digress)). So if someone is frail, elderly and has dementia and is prone to getting ill (for instance) or someone is in hospital recovering from a major operation and they have a weakened immune system, getting this virus could be very serious for them. If you are otherwise healthy, you can probably get this thing and be okay eventually. However, lots of people going off sick at the same time could have a negative economic impact. Be interested to hear anyone who is more familiar with this say what they think.

MarySue

calgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond repute
    calgal99 has a reputation beyond repute
    In reading about this virus (and the existential crises that the worlds' financial markets are experiencing as a result of it,) it sounds to me like 1) this virus is no worse than a typical influenza outbreak, and 2) everything is being blown out of proportion because the Chinese government decided to try to hide the "outbreak" for, likely, political reasons. (And the rush to build "hospitals" in the Chinese vector hotspots sounds to me like places to isolate sick people, let them either recover or die, whatever, who cares, right?)

All influenza/similar viruses can be debilitating, even deadly, to anyone with a compromised immune system, but based on the actual numbers of infections/suspected infections/hospitalizations/deaths reported, this sounds like typical news media hyperbole. Use good common sense, wash your hands, stay away from places (like hospitals) where a lot of sick people are gathered together. Unless this virus mutates into something truly horrible, I would not worry about it at this point.

JMO, of course.
    Helpful teresita Rated helpful

sara22 is a splendid one to beholdsara22 is a splendid one to beholdsara22 is a splendid one to beholdsara22 is a splendid one to beholdsara22 is a splendid one to beholdsara22 is a splendid one to beholdsara22 is a splendid one to beholdsara22 is a splendid one to beholdsara22 is a splendid one to beholdsara22 is a splendid one to beholdsara22 is a splendid one to beholdsara22 is a splendid one to beholdsara22 is a splendid one to beholdsara22 is a splendid one to beholdsara22 is a splendid one to behold

Gott wonder why Every hundred years there seems to be a large pandemic, 1720 Plague, 1820 cholera outbreak & 1920 Spanish Flu. I wonder if this corona virus is being played up out of proportion. The Chinese were demonstrating in the streets before this hit.. There is a patent for this virus too.. I think it may be political and economical in nature.. I think all this is to create fear. Canada has not stopped any incoming flights. Course the PM is a dunce anyways. But hey. no one really knows what the heck is really going on except the guys at the top.. I think it is an agenda though. Can't prove it one way or the other.
    I stopped trying to explain myself, people can only understand from their own perceptions.

The hospital I work at had a patient held in isolation with unconfirmed Corona virus which she eventually was cleared. It was mass hysteria for a few days. I read a lot about it and other flu viruses. SARS was by far the worst I had read about but all flus are potentially deadly when they invade the lungs. The same protection you do, washing your hands, don't touch your face, etc and like our hospital, we are on a high flu advisory, wear a mask.
    If you suspect you have the flu, push fluids, rest and stay home.

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    I believe its worse than the ordinary flu. China is claiming around 3% death rate and we know they lie so its probably higher. I rarely hear of anyone dying from garden variety flu though it does happen. Anti hiv drugs seem to help, word is that they inserted genes from the aids virus to make a bioweapon and then in typical chinese incompentence, they let it get loose right in the middle of china.

Its not the end of the world but the very young, elderly and immunocompromised will have a hard time from it. If "only" 3% of the world dies from it that comes to around 200 million. Who is going to dispose of the bodies let alone treat the sick? We don't know the long term death rate since its only been around a couple months and only a month or so outside of china. If the real rate is 10% then its a huge disaster, 3% is a big disaster 10% is a world changing disaster.

I already ordered and got my face masks, order yours before panic buying wipes them all out
    Helpful M77 Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Gullible View Post
    I believe its worse than the ordinary flu. China is claiming around 3% death rate and we know they lie so its probably higher. I rarely hear of anyone dying from garden variety flu though it does happen. Anti hiv drugs seem to help, word is that they inserted genes from the aids virus to make a bioweapon and then in typical chinese incompentence, they let it get loose right in the middle of china.

Its not the end of the world but the very young, elderly and immunocompromised will have a hard time from it. If "only" 3% of the world dies from it that comes to around 200 million. Who is going to dispose of the bodies let alone treat the sick? We don't know the long term death rate since its only been around a couple months and only a month or so outside of china. If the real rate is 10% then its a huge disaster, 3% is a big disaster 10% is a world changing disaster.

I already ordered and got my face masks, order yours before panic buying wipes them all out
    @Gullible
    The lab, in China, was a Level 3, with 4 being the highest. They recently upgraded it, and got it certified for Level 4. They have already had problems with biological toxins, and infections viruses, leaking. Latest I heard was the Chinese gov has millions of people waiting to test, that they cannot even get to, and if they pass away, before testing, they are cremated, and not added to the tally of mortality. Scary stuff. Good thinking about ordering some masks now!
    Helpful Gullible Rated helpful
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Yeah sometimes the sky really is falling but I hope it turns out not so bad.
    Helpful M77 Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Gullible View Post
    Yeah sometimes the sky really is falling but I hope it turns out not so bad.
    @Gullible
    I couldn’t agree more!
    Likes Gullible liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

10. Quote Originally Posted by M77 View Post
    @Gullible
    The lab, in China, was a Level 3, with 4 being the highest. They recently upgraded it, and got it certified for Level 4. They have already had problems with biological toxins, and infections viruses, leaking. Latest I heard was the Chinese gov has millions of people waiting to test, that they cannot even get to, and if they pass away, before testing, they are cremated, and not added to the tally of mortality. Scary stuff. Good thinking about ordering some masks now!
    I had seen information like this as well, heard of also. But Now RT news is saying it seems virus might've originated from pangolins, they look like armadillos to me, more than likely same family.
    They say samples taken from these animal was 99 percent identical to samples taken from infected humans. So the trade of this animal could've initiated this.

I call BS on this. Because if that was true, this trade existed for years, and just now it happens?

Unless I am overseeing something. I kind of believe more on this Lab in china leak.
    Likes M77 liked this post

@smtha
    There is a lot of evidence that China is misleading everyone, so it was expected that an alternative reason would come out. Factually, the doctor that tried to warn the government in China, was ignored, and now passed away. I doubt we will ever know the truth, only what the powers that be decide to tell us.

Never believe china without proof. Even expats from china will tell you the same thing. Pangolins my @$$, they found portions of the hiv virus in the corona. A bioweapon they were preparing it seems but then they used it on themselves first, lol. Not really funny since we are next.
    Helpful Brianna9, M77 Rated helpful

i was following doctor lui (name?) social media since december he tried to make his video go viral which it did to warn not only to china but to us all in world to not go there or stay away that its dangerous and how they are running out of masks then police or whoever went to him after his video went viral and made him sign paper for "spreading false rumor" i saw few others from china posting and they deleted it not sure why till it got serious where more people are sick and death raised too much within month then this month and they felt bad that doctor was right and now he died he posted picture of himself with his doctor badge in bed before he died he shared what police made him sign and showed the doucment he did not care cause he knew he was dying and want world to know its serious... i am little cocerned with death rising so high like they are not doing enough to help maybe just not wanting to do jobs cause too many and they dont want to get sick and someone recorded video of two van at hospital with people tossing dead body wrapped in bag throwin them in van to take them to burn them and their family were upset they cant have proper good bye or burial but get ashes... do you think they get their actual ashes or just dirt? i wonder if they just let or make them die to less the population nothing make sense few had it in usa and are fine did not affect anyone else... i saw video someone posted of army police locking peoples home telling them not to get out and if they have enough food and a video of people fighting police hitting with bat its horrible i dont know if right now they are actually trying save people or just get them away

@ladygaga322
    Communist China is, as everyone knows, a tyrannical dictatorship. I agree that they would be actually happy about losing population, but I don’t think they would intentionally use a bio weapon. They have no problem “disappearing” dissidents, and many journalists covering this outbreak, have vanished. I think they would be too embarrassed to admit they let a virus escape, because they do care about their image, just not about their people.

The reason there are much more reported mortalities (I use reported, because the real numbers are almost certainly higher), is they have no way to even test people, much less treat them. I saw a news report that millions of people are waiting to be tested, and if you are waiting to be examined, and you are kept with people that do have it, you might get it. So lack of proper quarantine, lack of treatment, and the malaise of their government’s response, is why it is so much worse there, and the stats are false anyway, it is much worse.
    Likes teresita, ladygaga322 liked this post

15. And I have a trip to Central america next week with the family.
    It is a Music Festival that lasts likes 4 days. It is suppose to be a festival where people from other countries meet.
    I am unsure if I should take it now. We ware talking about me husband and two kids.

I saw this while reading.

https://www.coindesk.com/chinas-coro...ed-on-ethereum

Lumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of light

Face masks are becoming harder to get hold of around here and prices online from some marketplace sellers seem to be a lot more than they were a month or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by smtha View Post
    And I have a trip to Central america next week with the family.
    It is a Music Festival that lasts likes 4 days. It is suppose to be a festival where people from other countries meet.
    I am unsure if I should take it now. We ware talking about me husband and two kids.

I saw this while reading.

https://www.coindesk.com/chinas-coro...ed-on-ethereum
    maybe do it another time but follow your guts

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.