Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trazodone NOT a 1st Choice Insomnia

Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
    Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
    My old set of doctors who never managed to get me diagnosed properly and basically treated me as if we were playing medical whack-a-mole - they prescribed trazadone for insomnia when they decided they would no longer prescribe ambien.

Not only did traz have zero impact on my insomnia, it also made me itchy and so nauseas that I threw up a couple times.

Hate this med.
    Helpful UFC123 Rated helpful
    September 9, 2015

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Trazodone NOT a 1st Choice Insomnia
    The dry mouth really makes this medication not worth taking it's like you have drank saying all day long your gum stick to your cheeks and I find the quality of sleep much less when I take Ambien . Also the next day it takes me a good 2 to 3 hours to kinda wake up even with coffee. The good part of trazodone the pharmacist never give you the Trogi look end doctors will give it to you without any hesitation versus benzos or zee drugs

M_Aria is a jewel in the roughM_Aria is a jewel in the roughM_Aria is a jewel in the roughM_Aria is a jewel in the roughM_Aria is a jewel in the roughM_Aria is a jewel in the roughM_Aria is a jewel in the roughM_Aria is a jewel in the roughM_Aria is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry View Post
    Trazadone used to work for me but it doesn't anymore. It just makes me awake yet unpleasantly groggy. Last time I had a prescription filled the pharmacist said there was a drug interaction with another medication that was prescribed. He had to check with the Dr. It was a tendency to create a heart rhythm problem. If taken with another drug that also has that possible side effect then it is more likely to occur. The Dr. did ok it, even with the possible drug interaction but I did not pick up that prescription. She might not think it is a matter to be concerned over but I do.
    This is interesting information because while I've been happy enough with Trazodone that was prescribed by my Psych along with Sertraline, there have been a few incidents where I thought I was having heart trouble. One was so severe I actually went to the ER. Having had panic attacks for years, I knew this was different. They said it was a medication...but not this one. Explains a lot. Thanks for the info.

tommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud of

It used to help me get good sleep,then one day my gp says its not available in the uk,put me on an anti-depressant called mirtazapine,don't like the stuff,makes me groggy and slow,trazadone did not.
    Does anyone in the uk get trazadone prescribed still?Would like to know so i can ask my gp about getting back on it.
    Likes UFC123 liked this post
    Nothing to see here,move along please.

Lumo is just really niceLumo is just really niceLumo is just really niceLumo is just really niceLumo is just really niceLumo is just really niceLumo is just really niceLumo is just really niceLumo is just really niceLumo is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    It used to help me get good sleep,then one day my gp says its not available in the uk,put me on an anti-depressant called mirtazapine,don't like the stuff,makes me groggy and slow,trazadone did not.
    Does anyone in the uk get trazadone prescribed still?Would like to know so i can ask my gp about getting back on it.
    What dose mirtazapine did did your GP put you on? Many find it very helpful for sleep, but at lower (7.5 - 15mg) rather than higher doses.

tommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud oftommygun has much to be proud of

On 15mg,helps me sleep but don't like the groggy feeling,never had that with trazadone.
    Nothing to see here,move along please.

Caffeine2011 has much to be proud ofCaffeine2011 has much to be proud ofCaffeine2011 has much to be proud ofCaffeine2011 has much to be proud ofCaffeine2011 has much to be proud ofCaffeine2011 has much to be proud ofCaffeine2011 has much to be proud ofCaffeine2011 has much to be proud ofCaffeine2011 has much to be proud ofCaffeine2011 has much to be proud ofCaffeine2011 has much to be proud ofCaffeine2011 has much to be proud ofCaffeine2011 has much to be proud ofCaffeine2011 has much to be proud ofCaffeine2011 has much to be proud of

50mg Trazodone did work for my girlfriend, but not better then 10mg Ambien. The Ambien as needed was switched out for Trazodone daily which she used for a couple of months. Eventually she went back to ambien as needed. Trazodone simply isn't made for insomnia. It may have helped a little bit, but Trazodone still made her wake up during the night. It gets on my nerves how many doctors love to push SSRI/SNRI /SARI medications on people.
    drugbuyersforum.org is a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine2011 View Post
    50mg Trazodone did work for my girlfriend, but not better then 10mg Ambien. The Ambien as needed was switched out for Trazodone daily which she used for a couple of months. Eventually she went back to ambien as needed. Trazodone simply isn't made for insomnia. It may have helped a little bit, but Trazodone still made her wake up during the night. It gets on my nerves how many doctors love to push SSRI/SNRI /SARI medications on people.
    Now, I have the opposite - with Trazodone I will not wake up once for 6 hour stretches, which isn't normal for me (natural pattern was always 2-3 hours, wake up briefly, another 2-3 hours, and so on).

pope will become famous soon enoughpope will become famous soon enoughpope will become famous soon enoughpope will become famous soon enough

I am not a fan of trazadone..I find it ineffective even at high doses..I've taken 250mg and nothing..also there is a 30 minute window for you to fall asleep..ambient is OK..better than trazadone..the only truly effective medication for my insomnia is doxepin..it puts me to sleep in about and hour and a half after taking it..it is also an antidepressant.. And the best part is doctors don't mind prescribing it..it has been a lifesaver

Quote Originally Posted by pope View Post
    I am not a fan of trazadone..I find it ineffective even at high doses..I've taken 250mg and nothing..also there is a 30 minute window for you to fall asleep..
    Hmm, not sure. Maybe to knock you out quickly, but it keeps on being at least somewhat effective all night for me. Doc has prescribed me 150mg, but am actually getting some results breaking tablets in half and taking just 75mg. Maybe it's the anti-anxiety side that's working for me more than the sedative side, because at least 50% of what's upsetting my sleep at the moment is anxiety.

Hello Friends,Went to my pain management doctor and he took me off my insomnia med temazepam that I have been on for nine years.He gave me amitryptaline first and it wasn't working not getting me to sleep and bad side effects.So then he switched me over to nortryptaline and same results.Iasked him if I can just keep taking the temazepam that has always worked and he said no,go have your primary doctor prescribe you something.These doctors love giving anti-depressants for sleep.Back to topic.I called my primary and talked to his nurse and told her the situation and for the doctor not to give me anti-depressants cause I already tried two with horrible results.So he prescribes me trazadone just what I told them not to give me.There are so many other sleeping meds I just don't understand why they keep pushing anti-depressants on you.I have read alot of reviews and they are all mixed.Some people say it is great and some say it is horrible.If anybody can give me their experiences with trazadone I would appreciate it.Thanx.
    Likes mancman liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by UFC123 View Post
    Hello Friends,Went to my pain management doctor and he took me off my insomnia med temazepam that I have been on for nine years.He gave me amitryptaline first and it wasn't working not getting me to sleep and bad side effects.So then he switched me over to nortryptaline and same results.Iasked him if I can just keep taking the temazepam that has always worked and he said no,go have your primary doctor prescribe you something.These doctors love giving anti-depressants for sleep.Back to topic.I called my primary and talked to his nurse and told her the situation and for the doctor not to give me anti-depressants cause I already tried two with horrible results.So he prescribes me trazadone just what I told them not to give me.There are so many other sleeping meds I just don't understand why they keep pushing anti-depressants on you.I have read alot of reviews and they are all mixed.Some people say it is great and some say it is horrible.If anybody can give me their experiences with trazadone I would appreciate it.Thanx.
    I found trazadone very gross feeling as a sleep med. I know, gross does not help you much, but it is the best word I can think of for this med. Falling asleep with the help of a med should feel smooth, relaxing and just happen. The time before I actually fell asleep on this med, the words smooth and relaxing don't come to mind. It was well, again gross. Further, the med made me sooooooo groggy the next day, I had to sneak off for a 30 min nap somewhere just to function even after consuming a couple mugs of coffee.

It was a pretty weird experience being on this med. I would feel that gross feeling at bedtime, I would feel tired in the middle of the day and then the anti-depressant would show itself and I would feel awesome for a couple hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hat View Post
    It was a pretty weird experience being on this med. I would feel that gross feeling at bedtime, I would feel tired in the middle of the day and then the anti-depressant would show itself and I would feel awesome for a couple hours a day.
    You do need to make sure you take it a minimum of 10 hours before the time you intend to get up. Apparently it takes that long to completely clear. If I allow that time I feel ok the next day; if I take the tablet too late or try to get up too early I feel like crap - sick, groggy, bad headache.
    Likes Bungalobill liked this post

15. Very interesting. Thanks for posting the links to your sources.
    idonthave

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute

I find that 1mg or less of mirtazapine does the job. Knocks me right out.

Lumo is just really niceLumo is just really niceLumo is just really niceLumo is just really niceLumo is just really niceLumo is just really niceLumo is just really niceLumo is just really niceLumo is just really niceLumo is just really nice

@Gullible is that really 1mg or a typo for 15mg or 10mg? If it is 1mg it suggests you are indeed very sensitive to it.

18. I was on trazodone for years. You have a small window to fall asleep on it after taking it. It really wasn't that great or effective. I took 150 mg a day, which seemed rather high dose to me. It helped me sleep but I don't need it anymore. Now the only thing keeping me up are is my bevy of irritating pets, who are up and down and in and out all night long.

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Lumo View Post
    @Gullible is that really 1mg or a typo for 15mg or 10mg? If it is 1mg it suggests you are indeed very sensitive to it.
    That was no typo, indeed 1 mg does the job. A while back I was taking 15mg, it worked but I did not like the side effects. So next time I took 1/2 - 7.5mg and it worked just as well as 15. Then 1/2 of that, or 3.75, then half of that and half... until I got down to as little as 0.5mg which still seemed to work. I had 30 mg tabs so that was just a tiny crumb of it. I would buy 30's again if I ran out because you get more for the same money. Its a little hard to judge so I figure I'm using between .5 and 1mg at a time. I only use it every 9 days to avoid tolerance. Everything loses its benefit if you use it too much it seems.

Less is more sometimes.

20. Trazodone NOT a 1st Choice Insomnia
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123