NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 474 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Side effects of Zopiclone vs Zolpidem

lisaann1961 will become famous soon enoughlisaann1961 will become famous soon enoughlisaann1961 will become famous soon enough

Default Side effects of Zopiclone vs Zolpidem

From my resource here, I'd found a source for Zopiclone. The price was substantially less than Zolpidem, so I thought I'd give it a try. I've found I have to take (2) 7.5 Zops to equal (1) 12.5mg Zolp CR, but I can get 7-8 hours of good sleep out of it. I'm not having the memory issues. I'm not waiting up after a few hours needing to take another (I'd built my tolerance up to the Zolp CRs that I was usually needing to take 3-4 night to get to sleep.) I've only been on the Zops for a week, but I'm still at 2, and still sleeping well. My husband hasn't found me eating ice cream at 3am.

I've read from other posters that Zops lose effectiveness quickly. I've also read that if I take them for an extended length of time, I run the risk of a benzo-like withdrawal.

Is anyone else willing to share their experience with the 2? The only time I've had difficulty withdrawing from a drug abruptly was when I ran out of Ativan 3 years ago - I'd been at 3mgs a day for about 3 months and ran out, and then had a seizure. I'm wondering if I should start tapering now on the Zops to avoid any issues, or if I should take a week off or what. I've also noticed that I'm not getting the weird high feeling I get from Zolp CR, I just go to sleep.

Ideas, thoughts, suggestions welcome.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Hey @lisaann1961 I know exactly wot u r goin through, wotever u do don't cold turkey it, wot I do is I'll take Zops for a cupl of days, then take a really strong sedating antihistamine like phenergan for a cupl of days, and just keep switching it up so neither loses its effectiveness. If I'm really struggling to sleep on a phenergan night I'll add in maybe a 1mg Xanax and that does the trick, but do try to mix it up, otherwise Zops will stop working for u altogether

Much love
    Andie x
    Helpful lisaann1961 Rated helpful

Mickleditch has a spectacular aura aboutMickleditch has a spectacular aura aboutMickleditch has a spectacular aura aboutMickleditch has a spectacular aura aboutMickleditch has a spectacular aura about

Zopiclone does work for me, but a) I can only take it once every few days, not every night, or it doesn't work, and b) I don't personally like the kind of sleep I get on it. It knocks me out for hours, but I feel like I haven't even slept half of what I have done. Apparently what the z-drugs do is greatly reduce REM sleep, so I would guess that that's the reason.

Tried 7.5mg Zopiclone...can't say I felt anything but within an hour I just knew I needed to sleep - slept around 10 hours....was thinking of taking it on a long flight but I'll stick with my daz - I know where I am with that.

6. I take Zopiclone, never tried Zolps. Max I ever took was 1 X 7.5mg per night. I've don't take them nightly as I think they'll stop working.
    I must be not far off having them on script for 2 years, I can't remember and that is because Zopiclone has ruined my memory.
    I don't recommend taking Zopiclone for long and I'm coming off it.

Quote Originally Posted by lisaann1961 View Post
    Is anyone else willing to share their experience with the 2?
    All I can say is I have been on Ambien on and off for years (5 to 10 mg). I typically don't take it while on vacation or the summer when the weather is nice. I still get a nice relaxed feeling that allows me to sleep.
    The biggest complaint about Ambien is that it does not last for 8 hours but i like that it because it does not knock we out and I feel I could function if there is an emergency .Even if I wake in the middle of the night I don't panic and go right back to sleep after a little light reading or listening to the radio. The worse problem I ever had was a little rebound insomnia. Maybe I have a psychological dependence because the weak generic brands seem to work as well as the brand names. In other words it could be a placebo effect.

I am kind of weird because I am super sensitive to benzos and just a small dose will knock me out so I avoid them AND MOST IMPORTANTLY my understanding is that benzo withdrawl is hell on earth.

LindaHed is a jewel in the roughLindaHed is a jewel in the roughLindaHed is a jewel in the roughLindaHed is a jewel in the roughLindaHed is a jewel in the roughLindaHed is a jewel in the roughLindaHed is a jewel in the roughLindaHed is a jewel in the rough

Tried Zopiclone yesterday (did it 3.75mg then needed the rest) I think I felt asleep but I also had some PhenBarb that I never used before so both of the drugs did the trick, but Zolpidem sounds a bit safer it's all depending of what you have on hand I think!

SILVERBACK has a spectacular aura aboutSILVERBACK has a spectacular aura aboutSILVERBACK has a spectacular aura aboutSILVERBACK has a spectacular aura aboutSILVERBACK has a spectacular aura aboutSILVERBACK has a spectacular aura aboutSILVERBACK has a spectacular aura about

I've been taking zops for 18 year's that's on prescription from the doctors too I was taking 10 a day got to sleep no problem plus there good for anxiety n' panic attacks. I've cut down to five a day now and taking one less each month till am down to one or two. It's terrible if a vendor goes down and you run out its like your defrosting.

10. The Z drugs can all cause dependency (higher dose required for similar effect). Rotating Z drugs every 3 months has worked for me. I also use a short-acting Benzo (Ativan) in the rotation. You also need a 60 day stash in case a source goes dark.

DocBrown is on a distinguished road

I found the side effects of zopliclone to be identical to benzos, Tread cautiously.

Madmanmoonx has a spectacular aura aboutMadmanmoonx has a spectacular aura aboutMadmanmoonx has a spectacular aura aboutMadmanmoonx has a spectacular aura aboutMadmanmoonx has a spectacular aura aboutMadmanmoonx has a spectacular aura about

I have been rotating between Zops and Diazipam for a number of years now and my tolerences levels have remained at a stable level of 3.75 mg Zop and 5mg diaz. I find I get a good nights sleep on both. I tend to only take them in the week and give myself a break at weekends (sometimes in the week as well). I have just started adding a couple of others in to the mix Zolpidem and Clonazipam as i am keen to keep my tolerences low. I am planning a rotation of taking each for a week and then moving on to the next.