Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rotating sleep med - please help

1. If you are rotating, as a last ditch effort, Seroquel. I'm prescribed it for something else, but it's ability to put you to sleep is really quite powerful. Side effects are significant though. But since you are rotating, it could be beneficial.

"they told me they would only give me 2 weeks worth and no more." - Looks like you got Kolodny'd! I hate that guy so much. UGH!

Also, perhaps butalbital? In higher doses it seems to have the opposite effect though.
    Last edited by cat person; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:30 PM.
    Helpful Kipper Rated helpful

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    jannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nicejannie is just really nice

I recently tried both the THC+CBD combo and just plan CBD edibles, 10 mg doses premeasured. Found that both help with my sleep, no insomnia. If you are in a state that has not legalized MJ you can still get the CBD oil or edibles in all 50 states. Just make sure it's a certified seller. Worth trying.

@jannie thank you for the good advice. Another set of laws that make no sense, legalize mj in some states but not others. Why? Do not limit my decisions based on the state I live in. Allow adults to make their own decisions equally across the board. I am interested in making my own, informed decision. How great would it be if a natural homeopathic remedy was available for everyone and we didn’t need scripts. It may not help everyone, we are all different, but if it reduced the amount of patients or the need for some I think it is worth it. Congratulations @Victoria123
    Last edited by DW4210; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:42 PM.
    Likes grannyof2boys liked this post

4renzicz is just really nice4renzicz is just really nice4renzicz is just really nice4renzicz is just really nice4renzicz is just really nice4renzicz is just really nice4renzicz is just really nice4renzicz is just really nice4renzicz is just really nice4renzicz is just really nice

I sleep naturally now after relying on the following for the past 4 years (less the last 6 months clean living)

2-4mg Alprazolam
    ~30mg Diazepam
    30mg Temazepam (I would go half half on Diaz and temaz
    majority of the time.

And for the kicker.... A reckless, synthetic opioid that should NEVER be used unless directed by a physician.

You may be why I'm saying this@kipper , and my friend.. to keep a long story short, Phenergan and low dose codeine initially helped, until I used nitrazepam or in very harsh cases (72hours +awake) I would take a Midazolam or Diaz if I was restless and a flunitraz from my doctor when I'd enter his office looking like I'm a walking dead cast member..

Now after a quick, though medically supervised taper, I use Phenergan 25mg (3-4) and break that cycle with restavit (over the counter).

Hope something there can help! Oh and 5htp which someone stated earlier CAN help but has a few risks I'd recommend looking at.. nothing too serious but potential for trouble.
    Last edited by 4renzicz; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:57 PM.
    Helpful Kipper, Marcie Rated helpful
    a single plum, floating in perfume, served in a man's hat

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    A new one I'm trying is lotus extract. The one I have is I think 50x. Seems to work. I'm also making cbd cookies now and then. I mix some in the dough and "bake" it in the microwave.

Victoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
    I know I need to do this too. I have always struggled with sleep too and but like you only begain taking sleep meds in recent years, about 4yrs ago. Just like you I started with Zopiclone and ended up rotating everything. I think that physically/mentally i felt better before i ever started taking sleep meds even though i would often go several nights a week without sleeping. This is very encouraging to read, thanks V and massive well done. This is a big thing you have done. All credit to you.
    @Marcie
    Thank you, I don't think I've seen your post before. Did you manage to get off the meds? I'm taking CBD for something else and I think its helping with the insomnia however I was on nothing for months before and I did get into a routine of healthy sleeping with nothing other than discipline. I'm not good with routine with anything, I'm stubborn to the core so sticking to a sleeping plan was really hard, it still is but I know I have to keep to that routine.
    Have a wonderful festive / holiday period and I wish you lots of sleep!
    V

Gladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant futureGladheart has a brilliant future

I have been using this combination to help with sleep for several months. I take 10mg of Ambien 3-4 nights a week depending on my insomnia. I also take 20mg of Baclofen and 0.2mg of Clonidine every night. Be careful or consult a doctor when using Clonidine. You want to make sure that your blood pressure does not get too low or you have any other medical conditions that could be an issue with Clonidine. I recommend starting with 0.1mg first. The med is strong and 0.1mg may work just fine. This sleep med protocol has worked well for me.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria123 View Post
    @Marcie
    Thank you, I don't think I've seen your post before. Did you manage to get off the meds? I'm taking CBD for something else and I think its helping with the insomnia however I was on nothing for months before and I did get into a routine of healthy sleeping with nothing other than discipline. I'm not good with routine with anything, I'm stubborn to the core so sticking to a sleeping plan was really hard, it still is but I know I have to keep to that routine.
    Have a wonderful festive / holiday period and I wish you lots of sleep!
    V
    @Victoria123, I am still rotating. But logging in and seeing your post reminded me that I promised myself that I would address this once we got the festive season out of the way. So thank-you very much for your care. My routines are terrible. 1am and I am still at my computer working. Definitely need to be exercising that discipline! It is really good to hear that sticking to a plan does pay off. I will start to taper, do some homework on sleep plans, and set a start date.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 4renzicz View Post
    I sleep naturally now after relying on the following for the past 4 years (less the last 6 months clean living)

2-4mg Alprazolam
    ~30mg Diazepam
    30mg Temazepam (I would go half half on Diaz and temaz
    majority of the time.

And for the kicker.... A reckless, synthetic opioid that should NEVER be used unless directed by a physician.

You may be why I'm saying this@kipper , and my friend.. to keep a long story short, Phenergan and low dose codeine initially helped, until I used nitrazepam or in very harsh cases (72hours +awake) I would take a Midazolam or Diaz if I was restless and a flunitraz from my doctor when I'd enter his office looking like I'm a walking dead cast member..

Now after a quick, though medically supervised taper, I use Phenergan 25mg (3-4) and break that cycle with restavit (over the counter).

Hope something there can help! Oh and 5htp which someone stated earlier CAN help but has a few risks I'd recommend looking at.. nothing too serious but potential for trouble.
    That is amazing. Thank-you for sharing this.
    Helpful Victoria123 Rated helpful

10. Rotating sleep med - please help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123