Thread: Seroquel For Sleep - Experiences please..

Red face Seroquel For Sleep - Experiences please..

Hi, I have been having lots of trouble sleeping for a while now, it did seem to be getting better but then a loved one passed away and its gone back to how it was before.

I have been roating sleep meds and they seem to be working well. Gabaprentin - I know its not a sleep med but when I use it a couple of times a week it does really help with sleep. Zopoclone twice a week and Atarax - although I can only take that on the weekend as it does make me feel really drowsy the next day.

I have been hearing lots about Seroquel and thought maybe I could add that to my sleep meds maybe taking once or twice a week and just wondered what dosage is best for sleep and if anybody had any experience with them.

Thank you so much in advance you guys are always so good at answering when ive had questions and its so appreciated.

Last edited by Kipper; 04-26-2018 at 08:16 AM.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Katey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond repute
    Katey has a reputation beyond reputeKatey has a reputation beyond repute
    @Kipper - Seroquel is an antipsychotic and I have been prescribed it on and off through the years. It made me sleep that's for sure! I can't remember the dose I was on but it knocked me out like a ton of bricks. In my experience, it's like doing the "thorazine shuffle". Strong and will definitely knock you out but be prepared to sleep and nothing else as it will knock you out. I haven't any experience mixing seroquel with another drug, i.e., zopiclone.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, I know how hard it is to sleep during a time like this. I hope you find something to help you sleep, as your body takes a lot out of you during a major loss of someone close.
    Helpful Keith K Stone, Kipper Rated helpful
    "Nosce te ipsum"

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    I take seroquel every 9 days as part of my sleep med rotation. I use around 5 to 8 mg by cutting a larger pill into pieces. It works, it has a bit of a hangover the next day. It does not give the best sleep you ever had but its better than not getting to sleep
    Helpful Keith K Stone Rated helpful
    Likes Kipper liked this post

Sleep...you betcha. Too many side effects...was scripted for it since ambien was so effective for tinnitus and was instructed to take both at night. Will be a long time before i ever attempt using it again.
    Helpful Kipper Rated helpful
    Likes Katey liked this post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gullible View Post
    I take seroquel every 9 days as part of my sleep med rotation. I use around 5 to 8 mg by cutting a larger pill into pieces. It works, it has a bit of a hangover the next day. It does not give the best sleep you ever had but its better than not getting to sleep
    thank you for that, im going to give it a go.. and your so right.. some sleep is oh so much better than staring at the ceiling all night

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katey View Post
    @Kipper - Seroquel is an antipsychotic and I have been prescribed it on and off through the years. It made me sleep that's for sure! I can't remember the dose I was on but it knocked me out like a ton of bricks. In my experience, it's like doing the "thorazine shuffle". Strong and will definitely knock you out but be prepared to sleep and nothing else as it will knock you out. I haven't any experience mixing seroquel with another drug, i.e., zopiclone.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, I know how hard it is to sleep during a time like this. I hope you find something to help you sleep, as your body takes a lot out of you during a major loss of someone close.
    Thank you for your reply, im going to give it a go but will try it out on the weekend first... just in case I need extra zzzzzzz time
    Likes Katey, Gullible liked this post

If you would like, I will let you know how I get on with it. Im just making an order now so I guess it will be a couple of weeks before I receive it.. thank you again guys for your help.

Victoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to allVictoria123 is a name known to all

This was my first ever sleeping pill experience. It knocked me out for 24 hours straight. A friend gave me one pill, she did not warn me that I probably should have only taken about a 50th of it and I didn't ask her; I was desperate for sleep. NOTHING was waking me up and I was like a zombie for the next couple of days after waking.
    I took the empty strip to my GP who went berserk, apparently the dosage would have knocked a blue whale out.
    I would never take it again, even at a vastly reduced dosage as I've read many stories of rapid weight gain. The friend that gave me it is now huge and looks trollied all the time.
    Helpful Kipper, blueroan17 Rated helpful

9. If you have racing thoughts this is the number one way in my opinion to sleep. I generally take one pill and no matter what is running through my mind the "off button" is hit. I don't know of the long term affects from Seroquel, honestly I don't even much care and the reason is without taking It I get no sleep.

When I get no sleep I am not a happy camper. This is the only thing short of a long acting barbiturate which works. I have been taking Seroquel for years for racing thoughts and sleep. It works like a charm. I have come to the point where their is no grogginess just sleep. Without it I cannot sleep and that doesn't work for me. I have tried many things and Seroquel stops the racing thoughts like nothing I have ever experienced and I'm sleeping. For reference, Trazadone doesn't even make me tired. Amitriptyline does nothing either. Seroquel is the only thing that works for me.

The Long term affects maybe be Alzheimer's or dementia...etc, but what difference does it make if I don't sleep for 40 years? . Of course this is just my experience.
    Last edited by Figuretheworld45; 06-16-2018 at 07:28 PM.
    Helpful blueroan17, Kipper Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Figuretheworld45 View Post
    If you have racing thoughts this is the number one way in my opinion to sleep. I generally take one pill and no matter what is running through my mind the "off button" is hit. I don't know of the long term affects from Seroquel, honestly I don't even much care and the reason is without taking It I get no sleep.

When I get no sleep I am not a happy camper. This is the only thing short of a long acting barbiturate which works. I have been taking Seroquel for years for racing thoughts and sleep. It works like a charm. I have come to the point where their is no grogginess just sleep. Without it I cannot sleep and that doesn't work for me. I have tried many things and Seroquel stops the racing thoughts like nothing I have ever experienced and I'm sleeping. For reference, Trazadone doesn't even make me tired. Amitriptyline does nothing either. Seroquel is the only thing that works for me.

The Long term affects maybe be Alzheimer's or dementia...etc, but what difference does it make if I don't sleep for 40 years? . Of course this is just my experience.
    Thank you for that, it was really helpful. I did try some and yes your right it really gets me to sleep. I have to take it at 8pm though otherwise I am tired into the next day. But I can handle a few army nights if it means I’m going to sleep through the night.

vytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to allvytis drakona is a name known to all

Seroquel at lower doses is great for sleep. And by lower doses I mean about 25mg or less, because anything higher is usually prescribed for its antipsychotic properties. I have seen people go all the way up to 800mg, and it's a wonder they were able to function! But if they really need it, it doesn't seem to affect them the way it affects others.

I've taken it before and it's always worked great for sleep, if nothing else. I had a somewhat high dose (200mg) which would give me restless legs and I'd basically be kicking until I just passed out. Then there was the extreme hunger & weight gain it caused...I used to call it "quillin'" whenever it hit me and I'd have to eat everything in sight. One time I woke up on top of Frosted Flakes..

Anyway, those annoying symptoms are why I stopped taking it, but they probably don't happen to that extent at low doses. I hope you find what you need, @Kipper and good luck!
    your friendly neighborhood PR transient and compulsive post editor (~formerly known as disasterwhisperer)

12. Seroquel makes me really hungry and gives me dry mouth. It sure does work for sleep though. I just swish with Biotene before bed and try not to take more than necessary. It's also too stong for daytime use for me.

13. Seroquel For Sleep - Experiences please..