Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Was just presrcribed propranolol.

dearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to all

My mum has been taking these once a day since before I was born! (So about 40 years) They're for migraine prevention and I think to stabilise the heart or something similar.

There has never seemed to be any anti-anxiety effects though, at all.
    But never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm - Stevie Nicks

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
  3. Quote Originally Posted by dearie23 View Post
    My mum has been taking these once a day since before I was born! (So about 40 years) They're for migraine prevention and I think to stabilise the heart or something similar.

There has never seemed to be any anti-anxiety effects though, at all.
    I’ve heard it’s very popular with on air personalities, new anchors, reporters, sports announcers etc for performance anxiety as it eliminates the physical manifestations of anxiety without the sedative effects commonly experienced with benzodiazepines.
    Helpful ludwig1961 Rated helpful

4. What dosage of Propranolol would be prescribed for someone with anxiety or stage fright ?

More and more people are talking about how this drug helps with anxiety but I'm wondering at what dose?

I take the Propranolol 60mg ER for blood pressure and migraine reduction but have seen no anti anxiety effects.

I always assumed one would have to take a rather large dose of a non-ER version of propranolol to get the anti anxiety effects.

Anyone?

Uncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura aboutUncle Rob has a spectacular aura about

I use Propranolol for social anxiety on an as needed basis. A typical dose for me would be 10-20mg an hour before social interactions, for instances where I need a quicker response, I sometimes dissolve the dose under my tongue and I can feel its effects in about 10 minutes. I have always been a little more sensitive to meds so lower doses seems to work for me, I was prescribed 20-40mg, twice a day, but I find I only need it a few times a week. As you may know Propranolol is a Beta-Blocker so it blocks adrenaline receptors around the body curtailing the flight/fight response that happens when one is placed in stressful or anxiety causing situations. It does work and actually works well really cuts my normal "pumping" feeling from happening when I am stressed. It blocks adrenaline, but it does not stop it.

Propranolol has other uses of course, some common ones are, as you mention, the for reduction/prevention of migraines, lowering blood pressure and angina. I would think that if you are not being prescribed it for anxiety, but for migraines, it would still help with anxiety symptoms, as it would be blocking adrenaline, as well as lowering BP to help with migraines. If you are not finding this to be the case check with you GP, as perhaps with extended release you are not getting the "quick" blockage of adrenaline that occurs with regular Propranolol from its pretty quick, immediate full absorption.
    Last edited by Uncle Rob; 02-12-2019 at 02:37 PM.
    Helpful Stevo1 Rated helpful

6. Was just presrcribed propranolol.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123