Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Read anything good lately? (II)

1. @bixby211, so many of these are on my fave list. Especially Evanovich. Those Plum novels are my escape! They've got to be winding down though. I read somewhere that JE only has a contract for 3 more books. If so, I wonder if Stephanie will ever grow up? Ranger or Morelli?
    Likes bixby211 liked this post

djrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond repute
    djrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by DulyNoted View Post
    I read "The Forgotten Girls" by Sara Blaedel. If you like crime mysteries this is a good one. She's referred to as Denmark's "Queen of Crime". Now that she hooked me I've got to wait for the sequel to come out in February!

Sara Blaedel, author of the #1 international bestseller The Forgotten Girls--which was roundly praised as "gripping" with "uncompromising realism" (Washington Post) and "tautly suspenseful" (BookPage)--returns with the thrilling next book in her series featuring police investigator Louise Rick.

THE KILLING FOREST

Thank you for recommending this author. I just finished The Killing Forest this afternoon and have read 2 others first, Call Me Princess and The Forgotten Girls, mentioned in this thread. Louise Rick series of books, great reads.
    Likes DulyNoted liked this post
    "All cruelty springs from weakness." --Seneca (4 BC - AD 65)

athletic98034 has a spectacular aura aboutathletic98034 has a spectacular aura aboutathletic98034 has a spectacular aura aboutathletic98034 has a spectacular aura aboutathletic98034 has a spectacular aura about

I am a huge fantasy fiction reader. Everything else seems to bore me. I highly suggest Joe Abercrombie. He mixes comedy, gore and fantasy in a very modern way. Also, Brent Weeks is very creative. If you don't mind a little magic in the story his stuff is a good read.

djrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond repute
    djrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond repute
    I just finished the latest James Lee Burke. It was great.

“Then an event happened that caused him to wonder at the great folly that seemed to govern his life, namely, his attempts to plan and control his future. Most of the events that changed his life had taken place without his consent and at the time had seemed of little consequence. Our destiny didn’t lie in the stars, he told himself, or even in our mettle. It lay in our ability to recognize a gift when it was placed in your hands.”
    ― James Lee Burke, House of the Rising Sun

Wilum will become famous soon enoughWilum will become famous soon enoughWilum will become famous soon enoughWilum will become famous soon enough

I just read 'Reasons to stay Alive' by Matt Haig

Was a nice inspirational light read about his struggle with depression and anxiety

RobertThomas is offline Banned Reason: Sending unsolicited commercial PMs
    RobertThomas will become famous soon enoughRobertThomas will become famous soon enough

Recently read "Sherlock Holmes & Dance of the tiger" by Suzette Hollingsworth. A bit off from the contemporary Sherlock Holmes. Dr. Watson is so lecherous in this. More focused on Holmes intense features instead of good ole deductions. Different read not sure one that would make me want to read another book in this series.

DulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond repute
    DulyNoted has a reputation beyond repute
    Reading "The Sympathizer", this years winner of the Pulitzer Prize for fiction. It's about a Vietnamese double agent during the end of the Vietnam war and it's aftermath effects on not only North and South Vietnam but the U.S. also. It's surprisingly well written and reveals many things that I did not know or understand regarding this part of U.S. history.
    Likes djrick liked this post
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Catch-22 is one of my all time faves. It's still relevant and always will be. Heller is a genius.
    Likes Mrs Parker, JacksonMT liked this post

A Song of Shadows - John Connolly - terrific next entry in the Charlie Parker series of books. If you haven't read, I would start with the first one, Every Dead Thing, and read my way forward.
    Likes notcharlotte liked this post

10. Quote Originally Posted by TiredMouse View Post
    Catch-22 is one of my all time faves. It's still relevant and always will be. Heller is a genius.
    Catch 22 is an amazing book! Everything from 'crab apple cheeks' to the catch itself- genius is right! Crazy genius!
    Likes TiredMouse, JacksonMT liked this post
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum, b_tches!

11. Not sure if this thread is still going but I am in the middle of reading Catch 22! Great book. I actually laugh out loud (not something I do often reading books) but the wit is outstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Parker View Post
    Catch 22 is an amazing book! Everything from 'crab apple cheeks' to the catch itself- genius is right! Crazy genius!

DulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond repute
    DulyNoted has a reputation beyond repute
    Just finished "Beartown" by Frederik Backman. Excellent much more serious in depth story than his best seller "A Man Called Ove". Highly recommend either.
    Likes djrick, RunRunRiver liked this post
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

El Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Parker View Post
    @tired Mouse @Mrs Parker "i have not read that book (yet) "Catch 22" but I well remember the movie, directed by Mike Nichols, (1970), and, the book is now on my
    "wish list" ! (The movie I assure held my interest.....I guess from the sarcasm....and not expecting nor reading of what the movie was about...LOL. @TiredMouse

On a more serious note, I am now re-reading the book, "Wash Your Hands" by author Dr. Frederic Saldmann ( translated from French to English) On s'en les mains (2008)
    Weinstein Books ISBN 978-1-60286-049-0 This is due to the current crisis, (where there is now a separate thread on this forum about). Honestly, this book of 193 pages
    is for me a "wake up" call, more now, that when I first read the paperback version, (about 4 years ago). There are many serious facts IMO to read this book.

Just saying........
    Last edited by El Grandote; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:45 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Likes TiredMouse, djrick, Mrs Parker liked this post

14. For the parents out there: anything by Dr Shefali or Dan Siegel. My two favorite authors these days. For the intuitive/galactic types anything by Gregg Braden. For the shallow types (jk) Jessica Simpson’s new book is pretty interesting lolz!
    Likes djrick liked this post

Ironically, I started reading a post apocyolyptic series of books called 'Days of Want' by T.L. Payne in January. Not that we are in an apocalyptic time, but the behavior of people is very similar to the behavior from the covid19 reactions.
    Anyway, this was an EMP attack. Really has us thinking about our survival skills. I just read the first 5 and am waiting on 6 to be released. I might wait awhile to pick it up again.
    Now I'm reading the remaining alphabet books by Sue Grafton. I have read all except U and W. It's a shame she passed away before she could write Z. Fun and entertaining private eye books set in the 80s
    Likes djrick, Seychelle liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829