Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Read anything good lately? (II)

1. I’m a lifelong reader. Anymore, I’m stuck reading Tolstoy. Even wrote my own dictionary for the worlds I didn’t know. Went to school for eng and got the degree, but really it got in the way. Poetry is another thing, though. I love me some poetry. I think when reading really started take its affect on me was Vonnegut. Since the, it’s everything I can get my hand on.
    Likes Boxergirl, Seychelle, M77, djrick, Katey liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Waspleg222 View Post
    I’m a lifelong reader. Anymore, I’m stuck reading Tolstoy. Even wrote my own dictionary for the worlds I didn’t know. Went to school for eng and got the degree, but really it got in the way. Poetry is another thing, though. I love me some poetry. I think when reading really started take its affect on me was Vonnegut. Since the, it’s everything I can get my hand on.
    I read Vonnegut’s Cat’s Cradle, when I was way too young to fully understand it. I still loved it. Of course I read everything he wrote, and re-read them all when I was older. Just to explain how young I was, I read Catcher in the Rye, either right before, or after Cat’s Cradle. I was so young, I thought Holden’s sister Phoebe was pronounced Fobe! LOL. I think I was in third grade!
    Likes El Grandote, djrick, Katey, Seychelle liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

djrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond repute
    djrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond reputedjrick has a reputation beyond repute
    Janis by Holly George Warren

Well researched, great read.
    Likes Katey, M77, Seychelle, Gullible liked this post
    "All cruelty springs from weakness." --Seneca (4 BC - AD 65)

4. The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz - Erik Larson

All of his books are fantastic to be honest.
    Likes M77, Seychelle, djrick liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Myrtle View Post
    The GoldFinch. I cannot say enough about this incredible book. Donna Tart is incredible with her multifaceted characters, the arch they are on, the beautifully intricate descriptions of everything from how it feels to be strung out to each curve of a piece of antique furniture. I adore this book. Highly, highly recommend.
    So good.

My daughter just finished Little Life - and is now in the utter pit of despair that follows us all after reading it.
    She was sobbing and demanding to know why I 'let" her read it
    She is now also listening to the Smiths, lol

Donna Tartt is a treasure
    Likes djrick liked this post

Seychelle is a jewel in the roughSeychelle is a jewel in the roughSeychelle is a jewel in the roughSeychelle is a jewel in the roughSeychelle is a jewel in the roughSeychelle is a jewel in the roughSeychelle is a jewel in the rough

Michael Crichton,
    > State of Fear
    Likes djrick liked this post
    We are not prisoners of fate, just prisoners of our own minds
    FDR

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930