Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: what are you reading

1. I am almost finished reading Shakespeare's as you like it. Brilliant play/ book. I am also reading Faulkner's as i lay dying . They are both so good.
    Likes djrick, amy43 liked this post

Lumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of lightLumo is a glorious beacon of light

The crimson petal and the white

It's long, but really something nice to get into once started.
    Likes djrick, amy43 liked this post

amy43 has a spectacular aura aboutamy43 has a spectacular aura aboutamy43 has a spectacular aura aboutamy43 has a spectacular aura aboutamy43 has a spectacular aura aboutamy43 has a spectacular aura about

Birthday Letters, a book of poems by Ted Hughes, which is about his ex wife, Sylvia Plath. Was not a big fan of his but am compelled by the emotional honesty and striking imagery in the book.
    Anne Sexton, her poetry is gripping, original and refreshingly blunt and honest. Raw and seeking, so another unique experience. I like to switch between poetry, literature, biography and psychology, also
    about mental health and have become interested in how the brain affects the emotions and then the body, as my wanting to learn and understand more seems to have deepened as I age!
    Bought a book about the brain but have yet to plough through it! Books about trauma, as I have been through it,and am still trying to heal, and can read when the depression is at a low level. So I appreciate the time
    I can read more, as I have spent a long time in the dark, too depressed to pick up a book, and still have many bad days when I cannot. So I missed reading, and miss the days when I cannot find that place to escape to, and learn, or just wallow in another world.
    Last edited by amy43; 1 Week Ago at 10:23 PM.

I already posted this earlier in the thread, but I was in the middle of it. Now that I finished it, it was one of the best books I ever read. It’s Elton John’s memoir, called “Me.” Even if you don’t like this kind of book, it won’t matter. Of course it helps if you like Elton John, but the book is so well written, and has plenty of humor, even if it is directed by Elton, at himself, it had parts that made me laugh out loud. I literally (no pun intended) told everyone I know, that would listen, to read it.
    Likes El Grandote liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

5. I’m reading a biography of Anais Nin. I think she was profoundly troubled and absolutely fascinating. Sections of the biography were pieced together from her diaries, but she told so many different versions of her life story to so many different people, even her own diaries contain different accounts of the same experiences. The author has researched Anais for years and admits even she isn’t sure what is truth and what has been embellished or straight up fabricated. I find the whole thing completely interesting.

SusieQ has a spectacular aura aboutSusieQ has a spectacular aura aboutSusieQ has a spectacular aura aboutSusieQ has a spectacular aura aboutSusieQ has a spectacular aura aboutSusieQ has a spectacular aura about

The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. Not something I'd usually go for because it's based around Greek mythology (not really my thing). I can't put it down. Mixture of brilliant story telling , mystery, fantasy and so well written. I read to much fodder and this is a breath of fresh air
    Free your mind..... and the rest will follow

snappy711 is a splendid one to beholdsnappy711 is a splendid one to beholdsnappy711 is a splendid one to beholdsnappy711 is a splendid one to beholdsnappy711 is a splendid one to beholdsnappy711 is a splendid one to beholdsnappy711 is a splendid one to beholdsnappy711 is a splendid one to beholdsnappy711 is a splendid one to beholdsnappy711 is a splendid one to beholdsnappy711 is a splendid one to beholdsnappy711 is a splendid one to beholdsnappy711 is a splendid one to behold

I Heard You Paint Houses by Charles Brandt I watched the Irishman on Netflix and want to see how it compares to the book it was based on.....BTW, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910