Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: what are you reading

1. Default Audio

Quote Originally Posted by peppergirl View Post
    I like audio books. I just discovered playaways and love them. I borrow them from the library. All you need is headphones & a AAA battery. The little box fits in your pocket.
    Just finished Turbo Twenty-Three by Janet Evanovich, Stephanie Plum Series. (She's a bounty hunter with a crazy life) "One for the Money" is the 1st, but you can start with any of them.
    Wowser, they have dem thar books on audio, that be talkin' to ya?

Meh, I thinks I'd rather reed, than listen to audio, I'd be worried that I was hearing voices inside my head.... attachmentphp?attachmentid5545 - what are you reading.
    Last edited by Keith K Stone; 03-13-2018 at 12:01 AM. Reason: I'm reading "Green Eggs & Ham" a very complex story book!
    Likes peppergirl, DulyNoted liked this post
    Tommy's riding the waves everyday ..... ....One must put up Barriers...To keep oneself Intact...Rush....Parting is such sweet sorrow ....

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    what are you reading
    Japaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond repute

Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock
    You can not define yourself in reference to other external coordinates, you must define yourself internally with your relationship with a higher entity. - Russell Brand.

Ravenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond repute
    Ravenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond repute
    Annihilation is a by Jeff VanderMeer (the first in a series of three books called the Southern Reach Trilogy).

It's not like the film.

The film is very different from the book.

LeeAnn has much to be proud ofLeeAnn has much to be proud ofLeeAnn has much to be proud ofLeeAnn has much to be proud ofLeeAnn has much to be proud ofLeeAnn has much to be proud ofLeeAnn has much to be proud ofLeeAnn has much to be proud ofLeeAnn has much to be proud ofLeeAnn has much to be proud ofLeeAnn has much to be proud ofLeeAnn has much to be proud ofLeeAnn has much to be proud ofLeeAnn has much to be proud ofLeeAnn has much to be proud of

The Power by Naomi Alderman. A fantasy described as this generation's The Handmaid's Tale. What if all of a sudden women had the power to electrocute men just by touch. Things change really fast in the confusion that results. Payback and all that, but no matter who has it, Power corrupts always.
    Likes Ravenousbird liked this post
    That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger

DulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond repute
    DulyNoted has a reputation beyond repute
    Just finished "Incendiary" by Chris Cleave. A fictional terrorist attack on London after the 9/11 attack in New York. Very good, different and unique in it's narrative. (a letter to Bin Laden from a woman who lost her husband and son)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Just read 'The Death Instinct' by Jacques Mesrine, France and Canada's public enemy number 1. A prolific bank robber and gangster who manged to escape from maximum security prisons many times. He was finally tracked down and shot to death by French police in 1979. His life puts other criminals in the shade. they recently made a movie in two parts about him - 'Killer Instinct' that I managed to watch on Youtube. An incredibly complex man with psychopathic tendencies and no fear who had served in the Algerian war of Independence. Now I'm currently reading 'Mesrine:The Life & Death of a Supercroook'.
    5226096.jpg

8. Quote Originally Posted by mancman View Post
    Just read 'The Death Instinct' by Jacques Mesrine, France and Canada's public enemy number 1. A prolific bank robber and gangster who manged to escape from maximum security prisons many times. He was finally tracked down and shot to death by French police in 1979. His life puts other criminals in the shade. they recently made a movie in two parts about him - 'Killer Instinct' that I managed to watch on Youtube. An incredibly complex man with psychopathic tendencies and no fear who had served in the Algerian war of Independence. Now I'm currently reading 'Mesrine:The Life & Death of a Supercroook'.
    5226096.jpg
    I'm not really into gangster/crime movies, but I really enjoyed Killer Instinct. Jacques Mesrine had an absolutely insane life!

I had no idea he wrote a book while in prison. Thanks for the info!

Dale123 is offline Banned Reason: Seeking suppliers to start drop shipping activity

I'm reading now The Great Gatsby. It`s the story primarily concerns the young and mysterious millionaire Jay Gatsby and his quixotic passion for the beautiful Daisy Buchanan. I became interested in this novel when I read the article great gatsby scenes on freebooksummary.com. Read it, you will not regret

Dale123 is offline Banned Reason: Seeking suppliers to start drop shipping activity

Now I`m reading A Rose for Emily. Fead a lot of comments about this book and became interested in this novel. Do you read it? What is your opinion?

11. I'm reading a Book...
    Likes DulyNoted, peppergirl liked this post
    Tommy's riding the waves everyday ..... ....One must put up Barriers...To keep oneself Intact...Rush....Parting is such sweet sorrow ....

DulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond reputeDulyNoted has a reputation beyond repute
    Finishing "Homegoing" by Yaa Gyasi - Incredible saga about a family lineage told in Ghana and the U.S. over many generations and hundreds of years.
    Likes Keith K Stone liked this post
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

13. i just finished the chalk man- a scary mystery. it takes place in england, but i realized it could have easily been new england. the book is just so american. creepy, however, and enjoyable.
    Likes Keith K Stone liked this post

"The Nightingale" by Kristin Hannah. Just finished. Exceptional tale of two sisters and their contributions and sacrifices to in the French resistance during World War II. Will be a movie in 2019.
    Likes trish5959 liked this post

pia has much to be proud ofpia has much to be proud ofpia has much to be proud ofpia has much to be proud ofpia has much to be proud ofpia has much to be proud ofpia has much to be proud ofpia has much to be proud ofpia has much to be proud ofpia has much to be proud ofpia has much to be proud ofpia has much to be proud ofpia has much to be proud ofpia has much to be proud ofpia has much to be proud ofpia has much to be proud ofpia has much to be proud of

Just finished reading "The Woman in the Window" by A.J.Flynn. Quite creepy. Before that I read "The Paying Guests" by Sarah Waters. A thriller with a little bit of lesbian intrigue.
    Now I am reading "My Brilliant Friend" by Elena Ferrante.
    Likes trish5959 liked this post

16. Cognitive neuroscience. Lol. I’m so ready to be done with university. I’m too old for this crap, ha ha.

17. Honestly, If this wasn't true I wouldn't be reading it. I know 95 percent of the US could care less, well maybe less population speaking.

I am truly scared or Andrew Cuomo, NYS, and the Loss of our TOTAL BILL OF RIGHTS within 20 years tops. I'd say the second amendment will be gone completely in half that if I had to guess. Especially in NYS where they are trying to manage a large city and a huge rural area with one set of laws which isn't possible or fair to either population of people. He lost 55 out of 62 counties last time he was elected I believe. The only counties that matter are Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, Staten Island and Yonkers. In other words, the City Folk and the suburbs. The rest of us eat dirt and like it with a smile.
    New York is a state in the northeastern United States. New York was one of the original thirteen colonies that formed the United States. With an estimated 19.85 million residents in 2017,[4] it is the fourth most populous state. To differentiate from its city with the same name, it is sometimes called New York State.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_(state)

The state's most populous city, New York City makes up over 40% of the state's population. Two-thirds of the state's population lives in the New York metropolitan area, and nearly 40% lives on Long Island

The sad part is the CIA selling more illegal weapons (and drugs) across the world than everyone else combined and everyone knowing it.

http://bulletsfirst.net/2014/10/13/c...ets-reelected/

PS. Then again kim jong un may start WW III before then.

18. right now i'm reading "438 days"... it's one of those survival at sea books... rather enjoyable so far.

19. Audio book (a playaway from the library) called NYPD Red by James Patterson. A fast moving action mystery with some humor. Just discovered this author when browsing thru the playaways. The movie" Kiss the Girls" was a based on his book. Saw the movie...that would be to creepy for me.

20. The Thirst by Jo Nesbø Looks like it going to be a good read I really like
    Crazy mystery that makes ya think

21. Yeah just pick up a copy of Bluebird
    Book by Bob Staakeb my says it's good read about a blue bird following this lonely boy around so
    What say you in this read

22. what are you reading
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast