Thread: Canada considering reclassifying Tramadol

Default Canada considering reclassifying Tramadol

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/health-...adol-1.3691569

Figured I would post for our Canadian members who may face impacts. I suppose we will see a fair number signing up here as a result, if it goes through. Sadly for them, from what I understand it is pretty hard to get stuff from IOPs there?

Helpful pearlsjam Rated helpful

pearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of lightpearlsjam is a glorious beacon of light

Ugh that is all UGH !!!!!!!! I FEEL FOR THEM!! WHY NOT BAN IT WORLD WIDE that will rid the world of this crisis..right.........but can't say I'm surprised at all .
    Thanks for posting .
    Last edited by pearlsjam; 06-21-2018 at 01:31 PM.
    Likes Anne Onomis, LindaHed liked this post

Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
    Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne Onomis View Post
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/health-...adol-1.3691569

Figured I would post for our Canadian members who may face impacts. I suppose we will see a fair number signing up here as a result, if it goes through. Sadly for them, from what I understand it is pretty hard to get stuff from IOPs there?
    They are looking hard at tramadol here in the US too lately....I find it ironic that for years it was the go to drug for doctors to prescribe because they said it was non addictive and now they've done a 180. We all knew well before the medical community that it was very easy to abuse.
    Helpful Anne Onomis Rated helpful
    Likes Bawston liked this post
    September 9, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Cash View Post
    They are looking hard at tramadol here in the US too lately....I find it ironic that for years it was the go to drug for doctors to prescribe because they said it was non addictive and now they've done a 180. We all knew well before the medical community that it was very easy to abuse.
    Yeah, within a year or two I seriously expect a move to bump up the scheduling. Maybe to a III but I wouldn't be surprised at all if to a II.

It sucks but not too much for me personally. I moved on to kratom which has less side effects but the same primary effect as tramadol IME. Not only that you can actually legally import it into Canada!
    Helpful Bawston, Peaceful Rose, sonia Rated helpful
    Likes Anne Onomis, CrayonBox liked this post

Stunod has a spectacular aura aboutStunod has a spectacular aura aboutStunod has a spectacular aura aboutStunod has a spectacular aura aboutStunod has a spectacular aura about

I wouldn’t be surprised if I see trams on the list next to oxy. I hate that it’s looked down on. This medication is seriously the only pain Med I can take without being sick. It also give me a well being feel
    Likes NSnoozer liked this post

cherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud ofcherrybomb has much to be proud of

I know that something definitely happened because i was just recently prescribed Tramadol and my pharm requested my doctors license number or whatever it is for scheduled meds and he doesn't even have to give that for the codeine i am scripted here in Canada.

He was surprised himself that he needed to provide it and on my last visit just a bit ago i asked him about it and he was shocked that they were putting it so high on the pain scheduling.
    Helpful Anne Onomis, Gjess10 Rated helpful
    I'm alone, I'm not lonely

Gjess10 will become famous soon enoughGjess10 will become famous soon enoughGjess10 will become famous soon enoughGjess10 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Stunod View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if I see trams on the list next to oxy. I hate that it’s looked down on. This medication is seriously the only pain Med I can take without being sick. It also give me a well being feel
    For me it's also the only pain med that doesn't make me sick to my stomach. What they are doing to "combat" the opioid issue in the US right now is not helping anyone. It really sucks and making more drugs less available is no way to solve the issue. When will the government figure that out?
    Likes CrayonBox, Bawston, sonia liked this post

Skeptical has much to be proud ofSkeptical has much to be proud ofSkeptical has much to be proud ofSkeptical has much to be proud ofSkeptical has much to be proud ofSkeptical has much to be proud ofSkeptical has much to be proud ofSkeptical has much to be proud ofSkeptical has much to be proud ofSkeptical has much to be proud ofSkeptical has much to be proud ofSkeptical has much to be proud ofSkeptical has much to be proud ofSkeptical has much to be proud ofSkeptical has much to be proud of

Oh for chrissakes. My dr is now so paranoid about prescribing painkillers he gave me nothing for a bone I just fractured. And pk's are something I have rarely had to get from him. And now Tramadol? I know people taking that who are now going to have a much harder time getting what they need. Health Canada is even going to make Tylenol 1's a prescription!
    @Anne Onomis Many belated thank yous for the news.
    Likes CrayonBox, Anne Onomis, Bawston liked this post
    I slow blink you so much

CrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to allCrayonBox is a name known to all

[QUOTE=juniperpansy;928361]It sucks but not too much for me personally. I moved on to kratom which has less side effects but the same primary effect as tramadol IME. Not only that you can actually legally import it into Canada![/QUOTE
    I used to take trams but was irresponsible with it so after many years I finally had to stop. I too moved on to kratom because I was still in need of some kind of pain med for my back and foot pain. I also smoke cannabis and use a cbd tincture daily to get through the day.
    Helpful Bawston, sonia Rated helpful
    Likes juniperpansy liked this post

Bawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond repute
    Bawston has a reputation beyond repute
    I remember being prescribed Tramadol back when it first came out and was considered on about the same level as ibuprophen. It did absolutely nothing for me and so I dropped it. Didn't we already to down this path of making certain meds harder to get and didn't it backfire in a big way?

Seems like heroin and fentanyl are the cheapest and easiest drugs to get...hows that working out?
    Helpful Anne Onomis Rated helpful
    Likes NSnoozer, juniperpansy liked this post

13. So, what does this mean for those who want to purchase tramadol from Canada?

This is too much. We should spend some time trying to limit the drug that causes lots of death, lots of mental dysfunction, and is abused by so many. Alcohol. That drug has destroyed my family.

It drives me crazy that we have now lumped tram in with fentanyl and heroin. I've used Vicodin once for dental surgery and I did get high as a kite on it. Never got it again because I knew I would easily be addicted. Took tram two years ago and its changed my life. I am not high on it and I've never taken more than 200mg in one day and that is a very odd event for me. Right now, I'm down to 100 mg max per day. It gives me life and I'm not sure I'm ready to get rid of it. But with all this news, I may start taking a day off every so often - time to start stockpiling.
    Likes blueroan17, sonia liked this post

[QUOTE=CrayonBox;929406]
    Quote Originally Posted by juniperpansy View Post
    It sucks but not too much for me personally. I moved on to kratom which has less side effects but the same primary effect as tramadol IME. Not only that you can actually legally import it into Canada![/QUOTE
    I used to take trams but was irresponsible with it so after many years I finally had to stop. I too moved on to kratom because I was still in need of some kind of pain med for my back and foot pain. I also smoke cannabis and use a cbd tincture daily to get through the day.
    I'm going to trying CBD in a month or so when it arrives by mail. I am very optimistic! But really low expectations
    Likes Peaceful Rose liked this post

@juniperpansy will you keep me posted on your experience with CBD. I am going to research it more, but I do find personal opinions to be very valuable. Thanks

I've tried CBD and I don't think it did anything for me.

Here's some interesting info about opioids and doctors:

My 94 year old grandmother broke her ankle two weeks ago and had surgery with plates and screws. The doctor put her on 50mg tram twice a day. She's in a lot of pain. She's 94 years old - just give her the good stuff and let her be comfortable. Her doctor is young and it pisses me off. The tram is doing nothing for her. Motrin would actually be better because it would at least reduce her swelling.

On the other side, I have a friend who broke her ankle two weeks ago as well and also had surgery. She is 41 years old and her doctor has her on 8mg dilaudid (sp) and 5mg of valium every 4-6 hours. Are you kidding me??? This seems like too much and also pisses me off.

My husband is an orthopedic surgeon and he thinks my grandmother should be on something a bit stronger and he thinks the 41 year old should never be on those meds. Where's the balance? The doctor for the 41 year old is one of these docs who is causing all these issues that we're dealing with regarding opiods. So then the young doctor goes the other extreme and leaves a 94 year old woman in pain.

Frustrating!
    Likes sonia liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by DW4210 View Post
    @juniperpansy will you keep me posted on your experience with CBD. I am going to research it more, but I do find personal opinions to be very valuable. Thanks
    Well I tried CBD for 45 days or so. At first I thought it improved my sleep but if it had that effect it didn't last. I took it sublingually. I don't believe it helped my anxiety either

I'm vaped it a few times now for acute anxiety/depression and it MIGHT be helping but the results seem too inconsistent. It was the CBD isolate I tried though. I am no growing low thc/high cbd cannabis now. I will make an extract from it. This will be the equivalent full spectrum cbd so who knows maybe it will help.
    How about you @DW4210 have you tried CBD yet?

I don't believe the cbd any effect on my pain
    Last edited by juniperpansy; 02-07-2019 at 09:07 PM.

@juniperpansy I have vaped cbd and mj and I have tried smoking mj and it had no effect on me, I don’t notice any difference with kratom capsules either so I am still looking for a solution. Plus vaping and smoking isn’t for me, I feel like I have a residue in my hair, on my clothes and body that just makes me feel gross and it gives me a headache. On top of which my left lung is largely displaced by my spine and i am sensitive and find it hard to breath around it, I even stay away from camp fires. I am not sure what path to go down next. I don’t have any issue if it works for other people, I think that’s great and more natural.
    Last edited by Peaceful Rose; 02-08-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    Likes juniperpansy liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Peaceful Rose View Post
    @juniperpansy I have vaped cbd and mj and I have tried smoking mj and it had no effect on me, I don’t notice any difference with kratom capsules either so I am still looking for a solution. Plus vaping and smoking isn’t for me, I feel like I have a residue in my hair, on my clothes and body that just makes me feel gross and it gives me a headache. On top of which my left lung is largely displaced by my spine and i am sensitive and find it hard to breath around it, I even stay away from camp fires. I am not sure what path to go down next. I don’t have any issue if it works for other people, I think that’s great and more natural.
    Any luck finding anything? I have read there will be new "better"painkillers on the horizon but we'll see. I wish I could find one that I could take when I sleep. Kratom is great but due to tolerance issues I take it daytime only.I am often kept awake at night by pain. I would be so happy to get it handled. They have approved the electric current device things for pain ($$$) but I am very reluctant to spend that much money. It seems too hokey but who knows!

edit: I've been thinking about asking my doctor for ketamine for breakthrough pain. There are studieds to support it but I'm afraid of stigma. I got to look more into this someday
    Last edited by juniperpansy; 05-05-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.