Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: If you're a chronic pain patient and been treated like a lowlife...

DW4210 has a spectacular aura aboutDW4210 has a spectacular aura aboutDW4210 has a spectacular aura aboutDW4210 has a spectacular aura aboutDW4210 has a spectacular aura about

Don’t you know? 6 weeks in rehab/physical therapy will help me be more flexible and teach me to play mind games on myself so I can train my brain that I am not in pain while the pt just causes it to hurt more. BS! I have even tried chiropractors, but this isn’t an alignment problem and it doesn’t help. I don’t know where to start finding a new Dr who will prescribe meds to help the pain. I imagine I would have to go to an entirely different facility and even then going through my entire history may end up with me getting labeled and no scripts. That’s why I decided to figure it out on my own, my 2nd option that I found is a pill mill and I am conflicted by that, I don’t know if I want to be involved with a possible “sting” operation or again be labeled. I have honestly tried going about it the “right way”, but all that has been is a waste of time, energy and frustration! So this is my 1st option, working with other real people who have similar issues and have been treated like addicts unjustly.
    Likes davidpaul, Anne Onomis, Bawston liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
  3. @DW4210 , i had the same issue with pt. too much money for bs exercises free online. you definitely need a new pain management doctor or to explore other options.
    Helpful davidpaul, Anne Onomis Rated helpful
    Likes Bawston liked this post

DW4210 has a spectacular aura aboutDW4210 has a spectacular aura aboutDW4210 has a spectacular aura aboutDW4210 has a spectacular aura aboutDW4210 has a spectacular aura about

The problem is how do I know who is going to understand and actually give me a script. I don’t want to be labeled, it isn’t true and it isn’t right.

Bawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by DW4210 View Post
    The problem is how do I know who is going to understand and actually give me a script. I don’t want to be labeled, it isn’t true and it isn’t right.
    @DW4210 ...you really don't know who will prescribe for you and of course I'm sure you've realized that the worst thing you can do is ask for meds. It's a game that both doctor and patient know is being played...you have to go through the steps of showing that you've tried other treatments and meds. H20Shed has a post a short while ago about shopping, yes shopping for a new doctor - it has a bad connotation because of course that was how they described people just looking to score meds. But in reality we shop for everything else in our lives except it's considered bad to shop FOR our lives. Heck, would you even hire a plumber without checking our references and qualifications? Yet we're supposed to just walk into a doctor's office and take what we get. Anyway H20Shed had a few tips you could check out.

It might be worth checking out if there's a pain forum or local group in your area that meet as a support group - I'm not advocating talk it out therapy here but using it as a way to meet and make connections with people who have the same issues & may have doctors to refer you to. Also check out the website for USpainfoundation.org. They're an advocacy group for people in pain.

Make use of the internet, especially forums & groups like the pain foundation - they list clinical trials (you never know where you'll get info to lead you to help), use their search engines for doctors who are members of medical pain associations, scan for position papers written by doctors who are sympathetic to pain patients, etc. you can tell who is okay with meds and who is dead set against it.

There are also those rate MD sites that you can look up doctors under specialities like pain management and people's comments will pretty much tell you which way a doctor's going to go. BTW! I've found that doctors who treat pain patients and have anestheolgy backgrounds tend to be a little better versed and less afraid of medications. Of course with all that said - we're all pretty much screwed with finding someone AND being able to get adequate treatment because of laws being passed.

If you go to a pill mill just consider how long they'd be around before getting shut down at which point yes, they may have prescribed but then you're left high and dry with no notice and withdrawals.
    Helpful Blackbird123 Rated helpful

Drs often times seem to think they know best. My aunt was in her late 60’s and she lived with me. She had copd and she would shake from anxiety when she couldn’t catch her breath. Her Dr actually told her he would not increase her Xanax from the minimal amount because he didn’t want her to become addicted. I was livid! My aunt never drank or took any meds and was as close to a Saint as I have ever seen, and then at the end of her days to say something like that to her. Right or wrong I made damn sure she always had plenty and I would do it again, she was my world. She passed comfortably about 2 years later, but it had a definite impact on my feelings towards Drs and my level of trust in their judgement. Just like now, the pain management Dr sees me every few months, but he doesn’t see the days when it hurts to move or when I am at work and people I don’t know actually comment in the elevator how I look like my back really hurt by the way I am standing, even though I give my best smile. That is why I appreciate your advice about support groups, so that we can help each other. I am also thankful for this group for the kindness and understanding that I receive and I hope to return that same kindness and understanding to all of you.
    Likes Blackbird123, Bawston liked this post

7. If you're a chronic pain patient and been treated like a lowlife...
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5