Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally! CDC is going to revamp prescribing guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by calgal99 View Post
    @GreenThumb, I am a wild-eyed "crazy leftie," but I agree with your sentiment 100%. My position is that the government is there to set general standards to prevent abuses of companies' single-minded profit motives. NOT to tell us what we can/can't do, as long as we are not hurting other people. And I suspect I have at least as low a regard for most "Politicians" as do you! :0 Although I do disagree with you a bit, in that I believe that "the government" should be monitoring, assessing and dealing with various businesses that can or do create harm to the people living here!
    @calgal99, I totally hear you on the profit motive thing. I'm died-in-the-wool libertarian, but I like some of the stuff Bernie has said in the past about the dangers of corporate greed, I'd be all for splitting up some of these companies that are virtual monopolies, starting with CVS. Their purchase of Aetna is extremely problematic, I cannot imagine having to deal with that behemoth all the way along the medical/insurance chain.
    Likes Bawston, Mrs Parker liked this post
    Drug criminalization is modern-day slavery.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Bawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond repute

@GreenThumb...ooooh, you just said the CVS thing! Now you've got me going.

Before my husband retired we had insurance w/drug benefits and somewhere along the way then only option for the prescription plan became CARE(notsomuch)Mark. Someone thought it was a good idea to allow one of the largest pharmacy chains to start their own prescription drug plan and it wouldn't be a conflict at all. Supposedly there's a firewall between the 2 and they're not supposed to influence each other. As part of the agreement, Caremark is also supposed to include private, individual pharmacies in their network. Mine was - until CVS squeezed him out of business! Now my most convenient pharmacy options are - CVS or CVS.

It's funny because yesterday my husband and I were out at a large shopping and business complex and there was a huge "Coming soon - CVS" sign in the complex. I said to my husband "that place is about to take over the world"
    Helpful Binky, Blackbird123 Rated helpful
    Likes Mrs Parker, pippi222 liked this post

katie58 has a spectacular aura aboutkatie58 has a spectacular aura aboutkatie58 has a spectacular aura aboutkatie58 has a spectacular aura aboutkatie58 has a spectacular aura aboutkatie58 has a spectacular aura about

I had an appointment with a spinal doctor recently. My daughter went with me. She spoke up for me concerning pain meds. Finally someone actually listened! I was shocked speechless! She actually put me back on my pain meds. Sometimes it's good to have someone to speak for you. I'm really grateful and I will follow the rules for me to be on pain management.
    Likes jaders, Bawston, jakemoe, Danie, pippi222 liked this post

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by katie58 View Post
    I had an appointment with a spinal doctor recently. My daughter went with me. She spoke up for me concerning pain meds. Finally someone actually listened! I was shocked speechless! She actually put me back on my pain meds. Sometimes it's good to have someone to speak for you. I'm really grateful and I will follow the rules for me to be on pain management.
    I'm sure glad to hear that. I know of 2 older women (late 60's and early 70's) both were in TEARS at their doctor appointments, from pain, and still the answer was "no opiates for you..."

I can only hope that the pendulum is starting to swing back. So sad that folks have had to commit suicide to bring some attention back to this insane situation of no one being allowed adequate pain control.

Hope your life improves as a result!!
    Likes Bawston, jakemoe liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

Bawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond repute

@katie58...I am so happy to hear this! It really depends a lot on the doctor as well as how they perceive their patient. Having your daughter with you probably gave you more credibility than if you just went in by yourself. Of course there are doctors who no matter what, just refuse to prescribe because it goes on their record which they're more concerned with than their patient's well being.

I hope you are having some relief.
    Likes jakemoe, jaders, Danie liked this post

7. Finally!  CDC is going to revamp prescribing guidelines
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12