Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally! CDC is going to revamp prescribing guidelines

1. Quote Originally Posted by calgal99 View Post
    @GreenThumb, I am a wild-eyed "crazy leftie," but I agree with your sentiment 100%. My position is that the government is there to set general standards to prevent abuses of companies' single-minded profit motives. NOT to tell us what we can/can't do, as long as we are not hurting other people. And I suspect I have at least as low a regard for most "Politicians" as do you! :0 Although I do disagree with you a bit, in that I believe that "the government" should be monitoring, assessing and dealing with various businesses that can or do create harm to the people living here!
    @calgal99, I totally hear you on the profit motive thing. I'm died-in-the-wool libertarian, but I like some of the stuff Bernie has said in the past about the dangers of corporate greed, I'd be all for splitting up some of these companies that are virtual monopolies, starting with CVS. Their purchase of Aetna is extremely problematic, I cannot imagine having to deal with that behemoth all the way along the medical/insurance chain.
    Likes Bawston, Mrs Parker, M77 liked this post
    Drug criminalization is modern-day slavery.

Bawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond repute
    Bawston has a reputation beyond repute
    @GreenThumb...ooooh, you just said the CVS thing! Now you've got me going.

Before my husband retired we had insurance w/drug benefits and somewhere along the way then only option for the prescription plan became CARE(notsomuch)Mark. Someone thought it was a good idea to allow one of the largest pharmacy chains to start their own prescription drug plan and it wouldn't be a conflict at all. Supposedly there's a firewall between the 2 and they're not supposed to influence each other. As part of the agreement, Caremark is also supposed to include private, individual pharmacies in their network. Mine was - until CVS squeezed him out of business! Now my most convenient pharmacy options are - CVS or CVS.

It's funny because yesterday my husband and I were out at a large shopping and business complex and there was a huge "Coming soon - CVS" sign in the complex. I said to my husband "that place is about to take over the world"
    Helpful Binky, Blackbird123 Rated helpful
    Likes Mrs Parker, pippi222, M77 liked this post

katie58 has a spectacular aura aboutkatie58 has a spectacular aura aboutkatie58 has a spectacular aura aboutkatie58 has a spectacular aura aboutkatie58 has a spectacular aura aboutkatie58 has a spectacular aura about

I had an appointment with a spinal doctor recently. My daughter went with me. She spoke up for me concerning pain meds. Finally someone actually listened! I was shocked speechless! She actually put me back on my pain meds. Sometimes it's good to have someone to speak for you. I'm really grateful and I will follow the rules for me to be on pain management.

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by katie58 View Post
    I had an appointment with a spinal doctor recently. My daughter went with me. She spoke up for me concerning pain meds. Finally someone actually listened! I was shocked speechless! She actually put me back on my pain meds. Sometimes it's good to have someone to speak for you. I'm really grateful and I will follow the rules for me to be on pain management.
    I'm sure glad to hear that. I know of 2 older women (late 60's and early 70's) both were in TEARS at their doctor appointments, from pain, and still the answer was "no opiates for you..."

I can only hope that the pendulum is starting to swing back. So sad that folks have had to commit suicide to bring some attention back to this insane situation of no one being allowed adequate pain control.

Hope your life improves as a result!!
    Likes Bawston, jakemoe, M77, djrick, Blackbird123 liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

Bawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond repute
    @katie58...I am so happy to hear this! It really depends a lot on the doctor as well as how they perceive their patient. Having your daughter with you probably gave you more credibility than if you just went in by yourself. Of course there are doctors who no matter what, just refuse to prescribe because it goes on their record which they're more concerned with than their patient's well being.

I hope you are having some relief.
    Helpful snowy Rated helpful
    Likes jakemoe, jaders, Danie, M77, djrick liked this post

katie58 has a spectacular aura aboutkatie58 has a spectacular aura aboutkatie58 has a spectacular aura aboutkatie58 has a spectacular aura aboutkatie58 has a spectacular aura aboutkatie58 has a spectacular aura about

I am feeling better! I honestly feel like a different person. My emotional health has improved. All this because I'm not in as much pain. I am so grateful to have an understanding doctor!
    Helpful jaders, snowy Rated helpful

@katie58...that is such great news! Having pain treated appropriately can make all the difference in the world to living the best life possible. Can any doctor actually believe that allowing a person to exist in pain is helpful and will allow that person to live well and longer?

As for me, I jumped through every hoop and spent almost a year going to appointments for injections that did not alleviate the pain. Each appointment wiped out a day with travel plus actual appointment time, then resting after. It was especially frustrating because I have multiple pain issues and the injections were only targeting the neck and back.

When I first went on OxyContin many years ago my doctor who was the best, most understanding I’ve ever had told me that it was what made sense since my pain was too diffuse for other types of treatment. She also said that it would probably be a lifetime thing because my problems are chronic and will be with me forever...except we didn’t see the politicians all getting involved.
    Helpful M77 Rated helpful
    Likes notcharlotte liked this post

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bawston View Post
    @katie58...that is such great news! Having pain treated appropriately can make all the difference in the world to living the best life possible. Can any doctor actually believe that allowing a person to exist in pain is helpful and will allow that person to live well and longer?

As for me, I jumped through every hoop and spent almost a year going to appointments for injections that did not alleviate the pain. Each appointment wiped out a day with travel plus actual appointment time, then resting after. It was especially frustrating because I have multiple pain issues and the injections were only targeting the neck and back.

When I first went on OxyContin many years ago my doctor who was the best, most understanding I’ve ever had told me that it was what made sense since my pain was too diffuse for other types of treatment. She also said that it would probably be a lifetime thing because my problems are chronic and will be with me forever...except we didn’t see the politicians all getting involved.
    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for things to change. Some say it is just a shift of the pendulum. That's never true for Big Gov/Big Pharma. As they get bigger and more powerful, the damage they inflict is everlasting. And, there is no incentive them to stop. Having a perpetual "opioid crisis" provides Big Gov with full prisons, full employment for LE and court personnel, more control of the plebes through draconian laws. Kind of makes Trumps "2-for-1" regulation reduction EO look like what it is - Bullshitium.

Overbearing laws and regulations actually create monopolies, since the cost of compliance becomes so huge, that only large players can survive - like CVS.

The scary thing is, there are some presidential candidates that want to apply this same model to every aspect of our lives. Not just "controlled" drugs, but everything. They would outlaw fossil fuels, eating meat, owning firearms, you name it, no aspect of our lives if off limits to them. Anything and everything. Because THEY know what's best for YOU.

At the end of the day, it's all about money and power. One day, they will push the population too far, and we'll see our own version of "Arab Spring". Remember that little fiasco and how it all began? All it takes sometimes is one spark to ignite the fuel of rage.
    Helpful M77, snowy, El Grandote Rated helpful
    Drug criminalization is modern-day slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawston View Post

@Bawston
    I was on Oxy 80 x 3 a day. I had to go for a five hundred mile drive, and had to stay, at least overnight. When I got there, I unpacked, and found that I had left my meds home. I won’t be graphic, but that was worse than hell. I couldn’t even reach my doctor, to have him send 3 or 4, to a pharmacy there. After I came back, I said no more. Not no more meds, just not such high doses that I was in full blown withdrawal, and another five hundred miles home, like that. The doctor actually pushed me to the higher doses! I know that sounds unusual, but he was all about the perks from big pharma. If I wanted to try something else, it was fine, as long as it was brand. So not only did I have to pay my stupid copay to him every month, but a $100 for the top tier brand med. I actually had to argue with him to get down to a lower dose. I switched doctors, and have tapered significantly to the least I can still function. The worst part is my medical records fully support the 80mg x 3. I think I posted elsewhere on the forum, if I had nothing to do but lay in bed, I would take a m0rphine drip, and watch streaming media, and movies all day. But I actually have a business to run, and a life. The only good thing is this happened before the forced tapers, and my new doc knows what I did, so he is pretty cool about it, especially because I gave him a “win” with my taper. It makes him look good, so if I need to go back up at some point, I don’t think I will get a hard time.
    Likes Bawston liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

@M77...Sounds like you’ve been through hell and back. I cannot imagine being on that dose and 500 miles away from the meds! I was on 40 mg in the morning and 20 mg at bedtime. When I tapered, the first taper was to slide one of the morning pills (20 mg) an hour later and doing that until it was almost moved to my evening med. then I asked my doctor for 10mg pills and started doing the same with the lower dose. I would say that the hardest was that first shift of dosage time and after that it wasn’t too bad.

I’m disappointed in my doctor though because it was just such a relief for her & I feel only about her having the prescription on her records. I’ve seen her twice since stopping completely about other issues and not once has she asked me about my pain, how it’s affecting me, or my quality of life. I don’t think she would ever prescribe for me again.
    Helpful M77, jaders Rated helpful

@M77...Sounds like you’ve been through hell and back. I cannot imagine being on that dose and 500 miles away from the meds! I was on 40 mg in the morning and 20 mg at bedtime. When I tapered, the first taper was to slide one of the morning pills (20 mg) an hour later and doing that until it was almost moved to my evening med. then I asked my doctor for 10mg pills and started doing the same with the lower dose. I would say that the hardest was that first shift of dosage time and after that it wasn’t too bad.

I’m disappointed in my doctor though because it was just such a relief for her & I feel only about her having the prescription on her records. I’ve seen her twice since stopping completely about other issues and not once has she asked me about my pain, how it’s affecting me, or my quality of life. I don’t think she would ever prescribe for me again.
    @Bawston
    There is even more to the story, that I don’t want to post. Most of us, on here, can guess what the side effects of that would be, but to make it worse, where I was was ridiculously embarrassing! And the drive, which could take much less time was doubled by traffic on the way back. I will give one tidbit of the trip home. I know the way inside and out, but because of the traffic, and getting no sleep, because I was up all night, I got lost in another state. I even know that state well, and I had GPS! But I was so out of it, I was going the wrong way, away from where I lived, but I thought I was on a parkway that goes to my house! I kept saying to myself “I know what parkway I’m on, but why don’t I recognize any of the exits?”

I still kept going the wrong way. When I finally realized I wasn’t on the right parkway, I got off the parkway, in a part of the state I never was. I ended up doing circles, and passing the same place every excruciating 15 minutes. It was like Groundhog Day from Hell. It got worse, before it got better, but I will spare everyone. But every minute I was going the wrong way was making it longer I was in full blown WD, and it was like actually living a nightmare. I got home alright, but I messed up my car. Not by getting in an accident, but I was getting so frustrated, I was going over curbs, because I was so anxious to get home. I would just make a u-turn, over a curb, because I wanted to get home so bad. I was completely sober, and obviously not on any meds, but I wanted the nightmare to end. I knew I was damaging my car, and I didn’t even care!

Sorry your doctor was such an A$$. Obviously she didn’t want to ask you about any of those issues, because she was afraid of the answers. Sounds like she had a guilty conscience, IMHO.
    Last edited by M77; 1 Week Ago at 07:08 PM.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you could get a better doctor!! That makes me so sad and angry that she would care that much about that dose in the first place. Wouldn’t that be considered under the 90 mme anyway? I don’t know how these docs live with themselves and their “oaths.”
    Likes M77, Bawston liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

@M77...now I would have been in a total panic at that point. You actually got yourself home which must have been the biggest relief in your life. I’ve driven from Maine to MAss, not going through withdrawals but with one of my slam banger migraines. Pulled off the highway twice to vomit but just got back behind the wheel and stayed in one lane focusing just on the cars in front of me. Couldn’t turn my head without getting sick again but made it home and actually crawled up from the garage to bed. Amazing how that urge to get home is so strong.
    @jaders...I’m just holding on right now to have a primary care because I’m hoping to downsize and move by next year. Not sure exactly where I’ll be going but still in the state. So Depending where I go will make a big difference in picking a doctor. This current one I have is pretty useless and about all I use her for now is when I need a referral to a specialist. But I’m definitely NOT going to any of the pain clinics around here!
    Likes M77 liked this post

@M77...now I would have been in a total panic at that point. You actually got yourself home which must have been the biggest relief in your life. I’ve driven from Maine to MAss, not going through withdrawals but with one of my slam banger migraines. Pulled off the highway twice to vomit but just got back behind the wheel and stayed in one lane focusing just on the cars in front of me. Couldn’t turn my head without getting sick again but made it home and actually crawled up from the garage to bed. Amazing how that urge to get home is so strong.
    @jaders...I’m just holding on right now to have a primary care because I’m hoping to downsize and move by next year. Not sure exactly where I’ll be going but still in the state. So Depending where I go will make a big difference in picking a doctor. This current one I have is pretty useless and about all I use her for now is when I need a referral to a specialist. But I’m definitely NOT going to any of the pain clinics around here!
    @Bawston
    I was doing everything possible to not panic! What makes it even more bizarre was the two occupants in my car. This will sound really nuts, but at one point, and remember I was 100% sober, and on no meds, but in some kind of WD induced hypnosis. I did pump myself with caffeine, because I was driving with no sleep. While I was driving, I couldn’t remember who my passenger next to me was! Of course I could have just turned my head, and looked, but for some reason I wouldn’t look! I think maybe I was afraid that I wouldn’t know who it was! LOL. And as I mentioned, I had GPS, but at night, it goes into dark mode, to not interfere with your vision. When I was still in the wrong state, but thought I was on a parkway going towards home, what threw me was the parkway I really thought I was on, passed along a large body of water. And the parkway I really was on, in the WRONG STATE, had a similar body of water, but I was still over a hundred miles from home, traveling south, away from home! So now I’m thinking “okay, getting close,” but as I mentioned, I kept asking myself “why do I not recognize any of these exits?” But that wasn’t enough to get me to correct my course. To this day, the two passengers have no idea what was really going on, or where we were! I did get a few “You are F’ing crazy,” when I went over the many curbs, but they had a absolutely no clue. The passenger in the back was my mother in law, so you can guess who was next to me. And I couldn’t even remember their name!!!

@M77...your mother in law! Now that’s an amazing story that you’re actually alive to tell about this. I’m picturing you not wanting to look at the person beside you and I’m thinking, if I were in your shoes it wouldn’t so much be that I might not know who it was but that it could be some creature with scales and a lizard head!

Yeah, I can see you not wanting to be I that situation again.
    Helpful M77 Rated helpful

@M77...your mother in law! Now that’s an amazing story that you’re actually alive to tell about this. I’m picturing you not wanting to look at the person beside you and I’m thinking, if I were in your shoes it wouldn’t so much be that I might not know who it was but that it could be some creature with scales and a lizard head!

Yeah, I can see you not wanting to be I that situation again.
    @Bawston
    In hindsight, it is absolutely ridiculous that I wouldn’t look at my passenger. I was terrified that I wouldn’t recognize them!!!

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12