Thread: Pain Clinic

1. Default Pain Clinic

My GP refuses to prescribe any pain meds and sent me to a pain clinic. All he did was tell me to find surgen who was willing to operate. i have been turnrd down by 3.

Are there anr OTC pain meds that work. Haven.t been having success

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    what sort of pain, @Dosbabe? a lot of doctors recommend combining ibuprofen and acetaminophen. it all depends on the source of the pain.
    Helpful Blackbird123 Rated helpful

4. Quote Originally Posted by notcharlotte View Post
    what sort of pain, @Dosbabe? a lot of doctors recommend combining ibuprofen and acetaminophen. it all depends on the source of the pain.
    i usually takt tylenal and aspirin

5. IMO best OTC combo is 800mg advil (4 200mg pills) and 1000 tylenol (2 extra strength pills) as @notcharlotte posted.
    Helpful Binky, Jazie Rated helpful

jakemoe is a name known to alljakemoe is a name known to alljakemoe is a name known to alljakemoe is a name known to alljakemoe is a name known to alljakemoe is a name known to alljakemoe is a name known to alljakemoe is a name known to alljakemoe is a name known to alljakemoe is a name known to alljakemoe is a name known to alljakemoe is a name known to all

Depending on where you live, you might try CBD oil. Many claim it helps them with pain. I've tried it and and found some relief from taking the capsules. Good luck to you.
    Helpful calgal99 Rated helpful
    F**k the DEA

7. taking that much everyday is blow you're kidenys and stomach out , that stuff is not really good long term
    Helpful NB12345 Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Dosbabe View Post
    My GP refuses to prescribe any pain meds and sent me to a pain clinic. All he did was tell me to find surgen who was willing to operate. i have been turnrd down by 3.

What kind of pain are u having?
    I have found using gabapentin (sorry not otc)
    And advil 800mg and 2 tylenol helpful.
    But u can really damage your kidneys doing that.
    There are other non narcotic pain medications available.....sounds like ur dr is a class one *******.
    Also cordylais spelling may not be correct may help with pain. Did has for others on this site. Do a search for it. I think u can get it from Walmart.
    Good luck.

calgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond reputecalgal99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jakemoe View Post
    Depending on where you live, you might try CBD oil. Many claim it helps them with pain. I've tried it and and found some relief from taking the capsules. Good luck to you.
    @Dosbabe, I second the suggestion of trying CBD oil; the kind that's made from hemp (not mj) and that has a minimal amount of THC is technically legal in all 50 states in the USA, as of a year or so ago (under a federal farm bill that authorized the production of hemp products.) There are still some issues with it, many LE street drug tests can still show it as "positive" for mj, but if you keep the product in its original container (oil, or vape, or gummies) you should be okay, even if it does ring out on a street test - i.e. keep it in your home, don't cart it around with you - and, it's really unlikely that any prosecutor would even try to bring charges for possession of a federally-legal product, even if a street cop were to snag you. And you can get a small amount to try, from many reputable vendors, online or even in many vape stores (depending on where you live.) So if it helps with your pain, then YAY!! And if not, well, at least you tried it. And it definitely has fewer serious side effects than the NSAIDS you've been using.

Good luck!

10. Hi @Dosbabe I’m a semi retired physician I live in the U.K. now. Firstly what kind of pain is it?
    Where is it?
    Does it stop u sleeping
    On a scale of 1-10 (10 bring the worst) where would u rate your pain.

Paracetamol is a great analgesic 4000mg per day is the standard dose split between 4 doses but in my career I’ve found people can take sometimes double that for quite a long time, with now negative markers in their kidneys.

Ibuprofen is. NSAID, it’s harsh on your stomach and the top dose over 3 doses is 1200mg. U can take both drugs together and u will get some relief, however it’s not a great long term solution.

If your pain is severe, u need a narcotic, I’m thinking codeine. No I hear this is almost impossible to get over the counter in the states, so if I was u I’d look online at the big conglomerate British pharmacy’s ie Boots and Lloyd’s where u can order both paracetamol and ibuprofen with s decent amount of codeine added and they will export them. Be careful with the codeine, the more u take the more u need, but the relief from an opiate is unparalleled. I hope this helps, and I hope u can answer the questions at the top of my post and I might be able to tweak my advice. For now, work on finding a more compassionate doctor

Dobre
    Rom
    Helpful jaders Rated helpful

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
    Hi @Dosbabe I’m a semi retired physician I live in the U.K. now. Firstly what kind of pain is it?
    Where is it?
    Does it stop u sleeping
    On a scale of 1-10 (10 bring the worst) where would u rate your pain.

Paracetamol is a great analgesic 4000mg per day is the standard dose split between 4 doses but in my career I’ve found people can take sometimes double that for quite a long time, with now negative markers in their kidneys.

Ibuprofen is. NSAID, it’s harsh on your stomach and the top dose over 3 doses is 1200mg. U can take both drugs together and u will get some relief, however it’s not a great long term solution.

If your pain is severe, u need a narcotic, I’m thinking codeine. No I hear this is almost impossible to get over the counter in the states, so if I was u I’d look online at the big conglomerate British pharmacy’s ie Boots and Lloyd’s where u can order both paracetamol and ibuprofen with s decent amount of codeine added and they will export them. Be careful with the codeine, the more u take the more u need, but the relief from an opiate is unparalleled. I hope this helps, and I hope u can answer the questions at the top of my post and I might be able to tweak my advice. For now, work on finding a more compassionate doctor

Dobre
    Rom
    Gee, @Romanov, can you come to the states and start educating our AMA, DEA and the CDC about narcotics? Somehow, because some folks have chosen to take too much and affected their lives negatively, now no one can have any reasonable pain relief. They would much rather you take a chance on "blowing out your liver and/or kidneys" than actually prescribe that opiate that you say is unparalleled for relief.

I hope you understand I'm being sarcastic about the US, not your advice. It's very refreshing to hear a doctor admit that opiate narcotics offer the best pain relief altho it's up to the patient to manage the amount, etc. Not helping a patient get pain relief is really malpractice, but lately it's been allowed, even encouraged, to go on.

I help a little old lady with her yard once a week and I end up giving her some pain meds, tell her about getting something off of ebay, and give her a few benzos too. It's crazy that I have to do that because her doctor won't give her any relief, and she's a retired pharmacist. Yes, it's totally whack here in the states. I'm growing to detest my own country, and that makes me very sad...
    Helpful Binky Rated helpful
    Likes Whisperliner, jakemoe liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

12. Hi @jaders I practiced most of my life in Lithuania (the ussr before that). I’ve not done enough research, but it seems like the physicians in America r under pressure to prescribe opiates because, as u say, some people abuse them. But as far as pain relief goes, there really is nothing that’s even close to them, possibly gabapentin but that’s more for nerve pain. I’ve seen it happen here in the U.K. too, in the few years I’ve been here, both tramadol and gabapentin have moved into schedule 2 medications. I think the range of opiates over the pond might be the problem, Percs, Oxy, Vicodin. In the U.K. it’s much more limited, and so if codeine doesn’t work for u then we try tramadol, if that’s still not working then DHC. Then there is no middle ground for the stuff people abuse. After DHC, it’s oxycodone or morphine and it’s closely monitored. That’s not to say there isn’t a problem over here with prescription med abuse. Maybe physicians over there r going to high up the opiate chart ie prescribing Vicodin when codeine would do the trick. It’s a shame for the patients and the doctors to a lesser extent, the shouldn’t have to be looking over there shoulder when all their training and experience points to prescribing a certain opiate. I really don’t know what the answer is.

Dobre
    Rom
    Likes jaders liked this post

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
    Hi @jaders I practiced most of my life in Lithuania (the ussr before that). I’ve not done enough research, but it seems like the physicians in America r under pressure to prescribe opiates because, as u say, some people abuse them. But as far as pain relief goes, there really is nothing that’s even close to them, possibly gabapentin but that’s more for nerve pain. I’ve seen it happen here in the U.K. too, in the few years I’ve been here, both tramadol and gabapentin have moved into schedule 2 medications. I think the range of opiates over the pond might be the problem, Percs, Oxy, Vicodin. In the U.K. it’s much more limited, and so if codeine doesn’t work for u then we try tramadol, if that’s still not working then DHC. Then there is no middle ground for the stuff people abuse. After DHC, it’s oxycodone or morphine and it’s closely monitored. That’s not to say there isn’t a problem over here with prescription med abuse. Maybe physicians over there r going to high up the opiate chart ie prescribing Vicodin when codeine would do the trick. It’s a shame for the patients and the doctors to a lesser extent, the shouldn’t have to be looking over there shoulder when all their training and experience points to prescribing a certain opiate. I really don’t know what the answer is.

Dobre
    Rom
    Personally I think the answer is to stop making this about doctors "controlling" the medicine. I personally think the patient should decide what's appropriate with guidance from a healthcare rep. Then it's UP to the PATIENT to be RESPONSIBLE for what happens afterward. I just do not believe that holding another person responsible for my actions ever leads to anything positive.

The thing that blows my mind is that it's only this issue of medicine where we are trying to take "control" of everyone. We can't pass ONE new gun restriction, even tho folks are dying in droves here, because we consider gun ownership a basic right with absolutely NO "wiggle room." I just don't get why this area is one way, but having the right to ingest what we choose should be another. There is no continuity of thinking and it's extremely frustrating and unfair really...
    Helpful snowy Rated helpful
    Likes Romanov liked this post
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

Quote Originally Posted by Dosbabe View Post

Thats all you hear in NY anymore regardless of the injury or source of the pain. It's all about pain clinics, which to me I find to be a major pain in the arse! there is still such a thing as aging, injuries, real pain that fake snake oil charmers cant help. So many idiots in this world have caused such nanny states to completely disregard the fact that pain is a part of the human existence and at times a real pharmaceutical pill is needed.

15. Pain Clinic