Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Neurontin is a miracle drug for opiate W/Ds!!

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseMe View Post
    I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone will pop in and be able to help me. I want to get a script for neurontin, however, I'm not sure what reason to give my doctor for needing it. I cannot tell her the 'real' reason, so I'm hoping I can get some feedback as to the best way to explain why I'm requesting it. Suggestions?
    Most doctors I have seen are eager to prescribe neurontin. It is usually prescribed for nerve pain. My doctor also prescribed it to help me sleep at night. You should be able to get it prescribed fairly easy.
    Helpful SurpriseMe, FLinmysoul Rated helpful
    Likes evertking liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
  3. Quote Originally Posted by chell55 View Post
    Most doctors I have seen are eager to prescribe neurontin. It is usually prescribed for nerve pain. My doctor also prescribed it to help me sleep at night. You should be able to get it prescribed fairly easy.
    Thank you for the feedback @chell55! That's good to hear. :-)
    Likes chell55 liked this post

Wow! Very interesting stuff. I was just prescribed Neurotonin and it's been giving me headaches. But I will pass this message along to people in general. There's been a crisis with opiate use around here.

Funny to see this post - I took off a few days from tramadol and take Neurontin for back pain. It really does seem to help my mood! I only took 600mg of Neurontin total per day and I noticed that I wasn't as "sad" as usual.

I agree that docs seem to prescribe Neurontin quite easily. I guess they are considering it the current miracle drug for nerve pain. My husband is an ortho surgeon and he prescribes it like its candy.

FLinmysoul is a splendid one to beholdFLinmysoul is a splendid one to beholdFLinmysoul is a splendid one to beholdFLinmysoul is a splendid one to beholdFLinmysoul is a splendid one to beholdFLinmysoul is a splendid one to beholdFLinmysoul is a splendid one to beholdFLinmysoul is a splendid one to beholdFLinmysoul is a splendid one to beholdFLinmysoul is a splendid one to beholdFLinmysoul is a splendid one to beholdFLinmysoul is a splendid one to behold

My primary is sending me to a pain management clinic, she doesn’t want to prescribe opioids anymore. Help I don’t know what to expect! With the wealth of knowledge here can anyone help?
    Last edited by FLinmysoul; 01-25-2019 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Spelling

7. lweird. Never heard that. THanks for sharing. I tried 300 mg once for anxiety and did not like it. When the vet told me to give my cat 300 mg for anxiety before coning to visit me- i said "300 - for a cat! Isn't that a lot!
    I told her i was biased bc it made my faher's hands shake at 600 mg. And i think it killed my best friend. BUt have not proof of my best friend. Needless to say- i gave my cat trusty valium. Uaed up my whle stash before i found a vet willing to prescribe it for her peeing issue ( in add to anxiety). Maybe it is genetic and a person has to start with like 100 mg at first and not 300 all at once....like stupid me.

Quote Originally Posted by FLinmysoul View Post
    My primary is sending me to a pain management clinic, she doesn’t want to prescribe opioids anymore. Help I don’t know what to expect! With the wealth of knowledge here can anyone help?
    Hi @FLinmysoul, I know this post is old but was curious what happened when you went to pain management. With the opioid crisis getting medication for chronic pain is almost impossible. My pain doctor was let go and another doctor put in his place and it has been a awful experience. The goal is to get everyone off of all medication that is considered an opioid.

I hope you had better luck.
    Helpful Binky Rated helpful
    Likes notcharlotte liked this post

9. Gabapentin does help with pain and withdrawals, but be careful with it as it will cause hellish withdrawals itself. When I was on it it also madey head extremely foggy feeling, and I couldn't function at school or work. Kiss your critical thinking and problem solving skill goodbye. There is some peer reviewed medical studies that show that Gabapentin as well as Lyrica, stop the brain from forming new synapse (neuron connections).
    Helpful chell55 Rated helpful
    Likes evertking liked this post

awwwurz will become famous soon enoughawwwurz will become famous soon enough

Sorry not read much of it. I wish YOU ALL LUCK that take or need it.

I HATE HATE HATE it.
    Sorry. Was I clear lol?

Too many SE's.

Been on all the nerve meds well let's say the ones the normal docs know.

Ugh.

I wish. Dreams can come true at Disney Nerve Medication Funland.

Late, sorry...

Absolutely it is but it only works the first few days. DO NOT TAKE THEM TOGETHER. It is a fast way to overdose. It's like xanax and opiates. It's a favorite with herion users and its dangerous. I actually have lost 4 friends over the last 6 months. Sad!

Quote Originally Posted by chell55 View Post
    I have been taking this med to help with my anexiety and depression and it has REALLY WORKED for me. I have not been going through a doctor though. However, I would like to. I just don't know how to go about it.
    Do I be honest with the doc and say "hey, I need this at x mgs a day"
    Or just say I have RLS or something??

- - - Updated - - -

This is not the first time that I am reading this and it's really confusing. I have ran out of this medication several times with no noticable WDs. It's odd. Some say they do, while others do not.

- - - Updated - - -

I work in long term care and all the Doc's patients here were switched from Oxy/Hydrocodone down to tramadol. Just with the snap of a finger..

13. I was pretty desperate yesterday and took gabapentin for W/D. I have to say it didn't work, I started at a 300mg dose, upped that later in the day and early evening and had the worst bout of restless arms and legs ever, not one iota of sleep. Oddly enough, gaba is marketed off-label for restless leg syndrome, so I was pretty confident about it when I first took it. It may have knocked out some symptoms, but if it did, I must have missed the memo.

According to the Wki write up, gaba is a diminishing returns drug; bioavailability is 80% at 200mg, 60% at 300mg, etc....all the way up to 27% at 1,600mg. Point being, heroic single doses of the drug are pointless. If I take as little as 100mg of tramadol and some loperamide, my W/D symptoms are gone and I feel pretty good. So, in my world, tramadol > gabapentin any day of the week.
    Helpful Binky, jaders Rated helpful
    Drug criminalization is modern-day slavery.

14. Neurontin is a miracle drug for opiate W/Ds!!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456