Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Neurontin is a miracle drug for opiate W/Ds!!

1. @ethom I was recently prescribed gabapentin as a replacement for a prior script of oxycodone. I'm not getting much benefit from it, but my doctor only prescribed 100 - 200 mg three times a day. I suppose a higher dose might help. I didn't realize it could possibly have an anti-anxiety effect. You mention something called tram you take. Do you mean tramadol? If so, I wasn't aware it was effective for depression. Does it offer quick relief for a depressed mood?

Tramadol has some SSRI mechanisms in it. So it does play on a brain a bit in that regard. I take 1800mg of a Gabapentin a day. It helps with neural pain, but doesn't even stand in the benches of the field of Oxycodone (for me).
    Like WhiteBoyRick liked this post

3. Tram is awful to get off of. I can handle the opiate aspect of the withdrawal, but the SSRI brain zaps plus the depression/anxiety that can linger for months are absolutely terrible.
    Like WhiteBoyRick, NSnoozer liked this post

WhiteBoyRick is a jewel in the roughWhiteBoyRick is a jewel in the roughWhiteBoyRick is a jewel in the roughWhiteBoyRick is a jewel in the roughWhiteBoyRick is a jewel in the roughWhiteBoyRick is a jewel in the roughWhiteBoyRick is a jewel in the roughWhiteBoyRick is a jewel in the roughWhiteBoyRick is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Azzamean View Post
    Tramadol has some SSRI mechanisms in it. So it does play on a brain a bit in that regard. I take 1800mg of a Gabapentin a day. It helps with neural pain, but doesn't even stand in the benches of the field of Oxycodone (for me).
    Friendly note:
    believe it is SNRI mechanism (more acute w/d than SSRI) IME with Effexor

S
    We are not prisoners of fate, just prisoners of our own minds
    FDR

I had no idea neutrontin was a great drug. My mother years ago was given it for the affects for a horrendous dose of shingles. Didn't do much for her so never considered it again If only I'd know I would have posted it on.

Quote Originally Posted by trish5959 View Post
    I had no idea neutrontin was a great drug. My mother years ago was given it for the affects for a horrendous dose of shingles. Didn't do much for her so never considered it again If only I'd know I would have posted it on.
    I know some people will take a high dose and while it doesn't really "**** them up" they say they get in a better mood and feel generally better. Mind you, they aren't taking it for pain but for the effects it gives.

7. Gabapentin saved me when my sciatica was at its peak. Seriously works wonders for nerve related pain.

Quote Originally Posted by trish5959 View Post
    I really should have given a more considered response there. Reading back that sounds way too flippant. Doctors did prescribe neutonin for my elderly mother when she suffered a a truly terrible case of shingles. The pain she had was almost intolerable. She was put on oxycontin and neurontin. I didn't know at the time, this was 10 years ago, the effect neurotin would have nor did the gp explain anything.

9. This is a thoughtful thread. My dad has long suffered from pain and opiate dependency. He did find that Gabepentin was beneficial. I have never tried it. Hoping it can be a long term solution for him.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567