Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tapering/CT off Tramadol

Ravenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond repute
    Ravenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by DulyNoted View Post
    Just another opinion/take about the tramadol. It's a complex medication with multiple effects. (opioid pain relief, SNRI qualities as well as being in the "benzenoid class") It affects everyone differently and is typically unpredictable when stopping. For these reasons IMHO I wouldn't try any "substitution methods". Instead take it slow and easy with a long taper. If it is at all possible, just make each day better by reducing or staying steady.
    Excellent, concise advise @DulyNoted.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Tapering/CT off Tramadol
    luvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud of

Well, I am on day 2, I think...maybe 3 without any Trams and I.am.in.hell.
    Although not so much physically as mentally.
    I'm so upset I didn't stick to my taper and go easy on my stash until I
    got an order in! Seems I always have to learn the hard way.
    Man, I hate "the dance"...search, find, order, wish, wait, then wait a bit longer...
    And as long as I've been here it still sucks, but sucks even worse when I have nothing
    to tide me over. I've done it before though. Dance on....
    Helpful Ravenousbird, ludwig1961 Rated helpful
    Likes Heymirth, File Error 500 liked this post
    ~*I Think it is lost.....but nothing is ever lost nor can be lost.
    The body sluggish, aged, cold, the ember left from earlier fires
    shall duly flame again.* ~ WW

Ravenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond repute
    Ravenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond reputeRavenousbird has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by luvspets View Post
    Well, I am on day 2, I think...maybe 3 without any Trams and I.am.in.hell.
    Although not so much physically as mentally.
    I'm so upset I didn't stick to my taper and go easy on my stash until I
    got an order in! Seems I always have to learn the hard way.
    Man, I hate "the dance"...search, find, order, wish, wait, then wait a bit longer...
    And as long as I've been here it still sucks, but sucks even worse when I have nothing
    to tide me over. I've done it before though. Dance on....
    Big {{{hugs}}}

Dance but don't beat yourself up. Remember, anything can change. And you can do it. Little by little, easy does it and accept love from wherever healthy love comes from.

big-hugs-little-hugs-snuggle-hugs-loving-bugs-jfealing-bugs-25979307.png

...PS I was feeling a wee bit crap myself, sometimes a film helps... ever watched "Say Anything" with John Cusack? It's kinda brilliant. And sometimes I need a feel good, mushy make me cry film to make me realise no matter what age I am, I still am just that little girl. xxx
    Helpful snowy Rated helpful
    Likes luvspets liked this post

luvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud ofluvspets has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenousbird View Post
    Big {{{hugs}}}

Dance but don't beat yourself up. Remember, anything can change. And you can do it. Little by little, easy does it and accept love from wherever healthy love comes from.

big-hugs-little-hugs-snuggle-hugs-loving-bugs-jfealing-bugs-25979307.png

...PS I was feeling a wee bit crap myself, sometimes a film helps... ever watched "Say Anything" with John Cusack? It's kinda brilliant. And sometimes I need a feel good, mushy make me cry film to make me realise no matter what age I am, I still am just that little girl. xxx
    Thanks for the ((hugs))! Always appreciated and yes, I love a good movie and that's always been a favorite along with "Beaches", "Terms Of Endearment", etc...I actually laid on the couch
    and watched "Titanic" back to back last night! LOL! BUT...in the back of my mind I'd much rather have thrown back some Tram, stretched out these fingers and worked on a painting, with the movie
    playing in the background! I'm a creature of habit, no lie.
    Likes Ravenousbird, ludwig1961 liked this post

Brianna9 has much to be proud ofBrianna9 has much to be proud ofBrianna9 has much to be proud ofBrianna9 has much to be proud ofBrianna9 has much to be proud ofBrianna9 has much to be proud ofBrianna9 has much to be proud ofBrianna9 has much to be proud ofBrianna9 has much to be proud ofBrianna9 has much to be proud ofBrianna9 has much to be proud ofBrianna9 has much to be proud ofBrianna9 has much to be proud ofBrianna9 has much to be proud ofBrianna9 has much to be proud ofBrianna9 has much to be proud ofBrianna9 has much to be proud of

@luvspet you nailed what I feel like when I run out too. I feel for you, the end is near. Say anything and terms of endearment made me cry,which I do non-stop when run out.
    Im a Trackaholic!

7. No guilt. You’re doing great

Do your best to stick to it and you’ll be Tramadol free sooooooon.
    All the best
    Likes File Error 500 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna9 View Post
    @luvspet you nailed what I feel like when I run out too. I feel for you, the end is near. Say anything and terms of endearment made me cry,which I do non-stop when run out.
    @Brianna9, LOL, had to do a double-take when I read your post..."the end is near"? GF, do you know something I don't know cause I kinda' feel like I'm dying here!?
    I know this part of the forum is mainly for those wanting to quit but I made up my mind that I'm not ready for that yet and going through some really sh*tty WDs that are making me
    scramble for an order which, BTW, I haven't placed yet because I just can't make up my mind who to go with! I seriously could kick my own ass for letting this happen cause I know better!

Sorry, hope that doesn't sound like I'm yelling at anyone (I'm not) but I woke up in straight on bitch mode today, after taking several xannies last night just to get calmed down enough to sleep,
    telling myself it would be better today, which it's definitely not.
    Between the brain zaps and bat shit crazy Prince soundtracks....mainly "Darling Nikki" running through my head, I do believe I've discovered a whole new level of WDs...so, nope...can't do this and I won't
    let the day end without an order being placed with????

So sorry for sounding like such a damn wimp here guys! I know we've all probably been through this BS before at one time or another, so after reading some of my stuff, I'm kind of ashamed.
    I've reached out to a couple vendors, though the wait....I mean the dance is tough....damn tough!

We were talking about movies that make us cry..............I just sat and watched the news of all those beautiful children and school teachers who's life was taken in a second. I cried for each of them.
    Hug your loved ones tight and never let a moment go by that they don't know how much you love them!!!
    Likes turnery, ludwig1961 liked this post

Still feeling pretty *lost* (Manic may be a better word!) at this point, but hoping for better days ahead! I still have a plan in place, just not posting about it much.
    I've tried more of the Kratom powder here and there...mixing 2-tsps into a sort of paste with HOT water, then adding a small amount of cold water and CHUG! It's NASTY stuff but it does help
    a little, although not as much as I'd hoped...I can get about the same relief from drinking an energy drink, which tastes a heck of a lot better, LOL!
    I may look into the pill form at some point, but if anyone is thinking of trying it, keep in mind that Kratom is becoming just as hard to order as the very same meds it's often used to help WD from!
    So they *legalize* weed, but are now ramping down on Kratom?? How f'ed up is that?!! Crazy times we live in for sure.....
    Likes ludwig1961, File Error 500 liked this post

ludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura about

I know you are withdrawing and that is awful. Tram is the worst I've ever been through. I even withdrew from methadone in 2004, in Mobile, Alabama. But, I was going to say that even withdrawing your words make good sense. How do you do that? I went through a bad period last week, ran out of trams and gabapentin. Now that stuff is horrible to withdraw from. Most awful depression I have ever experienced. The gaba, I mean. Now both of those together are truly bad, really I had a couple of days that I was about ready to check out. So then I made a promise to myself to begin a real slow taper off both of them.
    Likes luvspets, File Error 500 liked this post

Doubleshot has a spectacular aura aboutDoubleshot has a spectacular aura aboutDoubleshot has a spectacular aura aboutDoubleshot has a spectacular aura aboutDoubleshot has a spectacular aura aboutDoubleshot has a spectacular aura about

I just had to poke my nose in here and say I got off a horrible opiate dependency by using kratom. I was not abusing the opioids but this was some years back and after having multiple surgeries in a row and being prescribed higher and higher doses of opiods to control pain because I was becoming tolerant and the surgeon would write scrips for like 3 different things to take in huge quantities- and then came the day that I was 'recovered' from all my surgeries but still taking hydrocodone because if I didn't I was sick as a dog and had no clue what was going on. Went online, did some research and did switch to kratom. For about 24 hrs I didn't feel quite right but then I used the kratom to taper slowly over a couple months and won't go near an opioid now. The kratom seemed easier than it had trying to taper from the pharmaceuticals and my guess would be it has to do with how long it is active on your receptors.

One thing about kratom, in MY experience and others may have experienced differently, I found that I could not take kratom and the hydrocodone at the same time to transition over- I just had to switch because instead of being synergistic they seemed more antagonistic when taken together. Might just be my weird f-ed up body tho.

I can only speak of my experience with hydrocodone and kratom, though. BTW, the kratom gave me no 'effects'- I didn't get warm fuzzies or feel high, I just DIDN'T feel sick and like I was going to die. I really have to say that tapering the kratom, I really didn't feel it like I did with trying to taper the hydrocodone where I would have night sweats and restless legs etc. even when making tiny reductions.

I do know from reading around the net that some people go on kratom to taper and end up staying on it and they've just substituted one dependency or addiction for another.

I have heard that tramadol can be even harder than synthetic opioids to withdraw from so I'd listen to good advice here from people who have been-there-done-that. I have a good friend who is a family doc and she often prescribes a low dose serotonin reuptake inhibitor like zoloft when she has a patient coming off tramadol specifically.

@ludwig1961, Thank you for saying I made sense...It kind of made my day! (Seriously!) Tram does seem to be a really bad WD, at least from my own experience and from others I've read posts from. I think it has something to do with the way it affects the serotonin in our brain, kind of like an Anti-D. but please don't quote me on that. I do know that taking an Anti-D along with Trams is a serious "no no", hence the fact I've refused trying anything (Anti-D's) my DR has offered, though I may look into it when I quit.
    I've heard of Gabapentin but know nothing about it or how it might interact with Trams, but please be careful! I do know about the depression though, and I'm so sorry for what you've been going through. I try to keep in my mind that no matter how bad things get sometimes, that I need to step back, collect myself and know that things can change in a moment and be good again....and if not today, maybe tomorrow. I vent a lot, journal (often writing it all down and tossing a page or two in the trash when I feel better...LOL, I really do that! ), listen to music so loud it shakes the house while I dance or sing, and a good belly laugh, the kind that almost makes you cry works wonders! ~*Please hang in there!
    Helpful ludwig1961, snowy Rated helpful
    Likes File Error 500 liked this post

ludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura aboutludwig1961 has a spectacular aura about

Okay then, at least you have some supplies. You mentioned xan and kratom. You can take it couple more days, right? The stuff you have is just right for withdrawals. Maybe space out your meds every 4 hours. How does that sound? You know, and I am ashamed to tell you this, but I get 60 trams every week from my doctor, and I still run out every damn week! That is pitiful, but I am gonna start taking the meds correctly and do things right. I really hope you are feelin' better.

15. @luvspets, i was just wondering if maybe your initial taper wasn't long enough? i thought that a slow taper would be best but i am no expert. when i broke something a few years ago and was on a continuous dose of oxy, i just took a tramadol occasionally and felt no wds. i also stopped effexor cold turkey, so maybe i don't get the effects. in any case, no one would think less of you if you went back on a slow taper. whatever you decide, i hope the kratom helps and good luck!
    Helpful snowy, Ravenousbird, pmpl Rated helpful

@ludwig1961...well, no shame from me! I think a lot of others have found themselves in the same boat with their DR only prescribing just enough, or they've built a tolerance up and need to go this route in order to continue their relief. There are, however, some good DRs left who understand tolerance and are willing to adjust dosages if one has been on a certain med for awhile with no issues...mainly running out/filling early, etc....With the new laws though, it is getting harder for them...especially with PKs. Many DRs are having to offer tapering advice/help and some even having to ask their patients to make a choice, if they are on a PK and another med (anxiety, anti-D, or possibly another PK for breakthrough pain) to make a choice WHICH they want to taper from as they will only prescribe one! Unfortunately, you can quote me on that one...not trying to scare you, but if you can manage your dose of prescribed meds, please try to do so!

I'm on day 7 or maybe 8 without Trams and I wish I could say I felt better, but I don't. It's more of a mental thing at this time though, as I have A LOT on my plate which I won't go into, but am praying an order shows up soon! Like *snap my fingers* soon, but that's not looking good either. Thank you for thinking of me! You hang in there too!

@notcharlotte, good to hear from you again GF! I do believe I tried to taper too quickly....that, and I've got to be truthful and say my heart and mind just wasn't into it at that point as much as I thought and I screwed up. I'm a mess mentally so I should have known better.

Not proud, but I think everyone is entitled to a "do over" at some point...even if it doesn't always sound like the logical way to go. I/we are only human.....
    Helpful ludwig1961 Rated helpful
    Likes snowy liked this post

snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    Thank God that we have a government to monitor what we put into our bodies. We are just plain stupid and cannot make that choice on our own.
    What's next? Ice Cream?
    Helpful File Error 500, pmpl Rated helpful
    Likes ludwig1961, luvspets, djrick, Ravenousbird liked this post

Raspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant futureRaspberry has a brilliant future

I used an SNRI anti-depressant before. It was terrible to withdraw from. There is no craving but the side effects are hideous. What I did was a very very very slow taper. It was still hellish to endure but there was a reward at the end of the rainbow. That is how I would do it with this medication.

As was said, everybody is different and we make choices based on what we as individuals feel we must do to live the best quality of life. Everybody has different needs and only you know what yours are.

A/D's are not addictive drugs but they are hell to withdraw from. That isn't considered an addiction but it part of the equation.

Regardless of what you decide for now, don't beat yourself up if you go for a compromise for now. Sometimes things take time .

I simply want to be supportive either way. I am sure you have the strength and the wisdom to do what you feel is right.
    Helpful luvspets Rated helpful
    Likes djrick, ludwig1961, File Error 500 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry View Post
    I used an SNRI anti-depressant before. It was terrible to withdraw from. There is no craving but the side effects are hideous. What I did was a very very very slow taper. It was still hellish to endure but there was a reward at the end of the rainbow. That is how I would do it with this medication.

As was said, everybody is different and we make choices based on what we as individuals feel we must do to live the best quality of life. Everybody has different needs and only you know what yours are.

A/D's are not addictive drugs but they are hell to withdraw from. That isn't considered an addiction but it part of the equation.

Regardless of what you decide for now, don't beat yourself up if you go for a compromise for now. Sometimes things take time .

I simply want to be supportive either way. I am sure you have the strength and the wisdom to do what you feel is right.
    @Raspberry, Thank you for your knowledge and support!! I always enjoy your posts and our PMs, although, with so much on my plate right now, just having a hard time keeping up with everything.
    @snowy, always good to hear from you as well! I've recently had a few aquaintences point out to me that it is "people like me" who have abused meds that is the reason why people who "really need" their PK meds
    are having so much trouble getting them prescribed! A small part of me wants to hang my head and another wants to tell them to go straight to hell! I've chosen to just ignore the BS and let it slide off my back like water on a ducks wing. I'm sympathetic for the plight, but refuse to take the blame for such a complex situation that the powers that be have put everyone in...and I'm holding to that.
    *I did want to point out, just in case my earlier post was misunderstood, that in my area the DRs are having to make their patients choose to stay on one med only, reguardless of what meds they are, but mostly PKs and anxiety meds. This is a fact and is happening now.
    Likes snowy, Raspberry liked this post

snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by luvspets View Post
    @Raspberry, Thank you for your knowledge and support!! I always enjoy your posts and our PMs, although, with so much on my plate right now, just having a hard time keeping up with everything.
    @snowy, always good to hear from you as well! I've recently had a few aquaintences point out to me that it is "people like me" who have abused meds that is the reason why people who "really need" their PK meds
    are having so much trouble getting them prescribed! A small part of me wants to hang my head and another wants to tell them to go straight to hell! I've chosen to just ignore the BS and let it slide off my back like water on a ducks wing. I'm sympathetic for the plight, but refuse to take the blame for such a complex situation that the powers that be have put everyone in...and I'm holding to that.
    *I did want to point out, just in case my earlier post was misunderstood, that in my area the DRs are having to make their patients choose to stay on one med only, reguardless of what meds they are, but mostly PKs and anxiety meds. This is a fact and is happening now.
    I would say the person who said/wrote that to you doesn't know you at all. It's a silly thing to say.
    Last edited by snowy; 02-23-2018 at 10:12 PM.
    Likes luvspets, Raspberry liked this post

Ditto @snowy...at my age I've learned that most people who say things like that are either looking for an argument or uneducated about addiction and/or tolerance issues. It's my choice how to react.

22. Tapering/CT off Tramadol
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast