Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tapering/CT off Tramadol

Stunod has a spectacular aura aboutStunod has a spectacular aura aboutStunod has a spectacular aura aboutStunod has a spectacular aura about

Really? That’s amazing! I’ve thought about stopping but the WDs are hell. I’ve never experienced some of the symptoms and it was enough to keep me from wanting to get off them. One day I will. It’s good to hear that someone here has had luck being off them! Your an inspiration and will look into Kratom when my time comes to quit. Thank you for sharing!
    Quote Originally Posted by mymesh View Post
    I finally stopped counting, but I believe I am close to a couple of months without tram. Kratom helps some, but it has gotten easier since I am not so hard on myself, not trying to be super human any longer. I had taken the tram so long that even my perception of "normal" was skewed. I am slowly trying to like myself for who I am, not who the tram said I was. I hope this rambling post makes sense. I know how hard it is to get off of it, and my heart aches for us all. I wish I had never been prescribed it 20 plus years ago. (hugs)
    Likes mymesh, ludwig1961, songsiren liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Quote Originally Posted by mymesh View Post
    @Juno08 I understand. I have struggled with depression most of my life. I was prescribed the tram for pain, but the antidepressant part was what got me. Two a day is admirable. I promise you that the craving goes away after you stop it. I still think about it from time to time, but not like I did. It no longer has the all-consuming, "got to get the tram" control over me it once had. Good luck. If I can stop it, anyone can. (hugs)
    Thanks for you reply! I really needed to hear that. I'll keep trucking along! I'm glad to know that it eventually won't have that grip on me anymore. Serious congrats on beating the cravings! I have more of a road ahead of me, but I know I can get there!
    Helpful ludwig1961 Rated helpful
    Likes mymesh, DW4210, songsiren liked this post

There is another user, @Heymirth that was successful in coming off trams. The last I read, he was off over a year.
    Helpful Juno08, ludwig1961, songsiren Rated helpful

IheartYOU will become famous soon enoughIheartYOU will become famous soon enough

Hi. I successfully used kratom to get off tram. Started with a sporadic taper of tram that led to cold turkey with no option. Started at 2 tsp kratom tea, went up to 5TBS. I also used various other supplements. Kava. Valerian. B vitamins. Nothing else. Eventually the kratom lost its flare and was totally disgusting after a while as tea. Using 5 tbs because of tolerance. Took 6 months to shake it with a few mishaps in between that didn't go anywhere. I just stuck with it until I was able to drop it, walking away. I need a hip replacement now 4 years later and the thought of pain pills is tempting but I have no desire to use them to keep me functioning. I'd rather try excercising and strength to keep me from needing pk.unless absolutely ness. I would say it's journey that happens in phases. It doesn't just go boom. Done. Everyday I detach a little more.Haha. I slipped up with my adhd meds a few weeks backs ago ...not pretty. I'm now short again (not a good sign to me). I have my kratom, Vitamins and some will power deep down there while hanging for dear life. Hahahaha. 5 days to refill my adhd meds. Also creative projects are a must! Goodluck friend!
    Last edited by IheartYOU; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:27 PM.
    Likes mymesh liked this post

yellnhollar has a spectacular aura aboutyellnhollar has a spectacular aura aboutyellnhollar has a spectacular aura aboutyellnhollar has a spectacular aura aboutyellnhollar has a spectacular aura aboutyellnhollar has a spectacular aura aboutyellnhollar has a spectacular aura about

Im still stalked.
    I started taking so many dosages of tramadol when my husband of 31 years died. He was 19 and I was 16 when we started going together so it hit me hard. After that working and trying to pay off a huge IRS back tax I just went through them. Then I slowly lost all the cartilage in my knees and my shoulders got so bad. I used it for pain and was prescribed it but I took more then any prescription just to get through my work day.
    The doctor I went to when my knees first started hurting ignored me. I finally went to a doc that took xrays and saw what I was complaining about for 4 years.

Now with one total knee replacement and another pending I’m in a place that I can stop the insanity.
    I’m also on disability and old enough to get SS.
    I’m holding to the few I take a day, within my prescription sort of. I really want to quit altogether. After my next knee I don’t want to be on these anymore. I am really worried about the depression though because I still grieve everyday. It’s been 12 years I miss him just as much as when he first passed.
    Helpful snowy Rated helpful
    Likes pinkflower, Brianna9 liked this post

7. Quote Originally Posted by IheartYOU View Post
    Hi. I successfully used kratom to get off tram. Started with a sporadic taper of tram that led to cold turkey with no option. Started at 2 tsp kratom tea, went up to 5TBS. I also used various other supplements. Kava. Valerian. B vitamins. Nothing else. Eventually the kratom lost its flare and was totally disgusting after a while as tea. Using 5 tbs because of tolerance. Took 6 months to shake it with a few mishaps in between that didn't go anywhere. I just stuck with it until I was able to drop it, walking away. I need a hip replacement now 4 years later and the thought of pain pills is tempting but I have no desire to use them to keep me functioning. I'd rather try excercising and strength to keep me from needing pk.unless absolutely ness. I would say it's journey that happens in phases. It doesn't just go boom. Done. Everyday I detach a little more.Haha. I slipped up with my adhd meds a few weeks backs ago ...not pretty. I'm now short again (not a good sign to me). I have my kratom, Vitamins and some will power deep down there while hanging for dear life. Hahahaha. 5 days to refill my adhd meds. Also creative projects are a must! Goodluck friend!
    @IheartYOU That's awesome about quitting with kratom. One question, how'd you get rid of the "brain zaps" or were you able to? Those are the worst. I read that it's the antidepressant action of tram that does that, and kratom has never helped with relieving them, though it helps a LOT with everything else.

(in case anyone's wondering, brain zaps are this weird zappy feeling when you move your eyes quickly while you're in tramadol wd). I'd love to know a way!
    Likes CrayonBox liked this post

blueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud ofblueroan17 has much to be proud of

@yellnhollar, I am sorry for your loss. All too often time can't touch grief--it doesn't matter how long its been chronologically, the pain feels as fresh as yesterday. Does your doctor acknowledge the antidepression component in the tramadol? Seems to me like you might miss that even more than the pain relief...
    Helpful snowy Rated helpful
    Likes pinkflower, CrayonBox liked this post
    Like a Bolt from the Blue!

yellnhollar has a spectacular aura aboutyellnhollar has a spectacular aura aboutyellnhollar has a spectacular aura aboutyellnhollar has a spectacular aura aboutyellnhollar has a spectacular aura aboutyellnhollar has a spectacular aura aboutyellnhollar has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by blueroan17 View Post
    @yellnhollar, I am sorry for your loss. All too often time can't touch grief--it doesn't matter how long its been chronologically, the pain feels as fresh as yesterday. Does your doctor acknowledge the antidepression component in the tramadol? Seems to me like you might miss that even more than the pain relief...
    When I tapered drastically that is what was the hardest. I cry and think and cry. Canine paralysis set in. If you dont know what that is, it is when you can't move because you always have a dog on your lap.
    I still cry and have the paralysis but it's better but when I quit, I don't know, go to one drug to another? It's a pickle!
    Likes CrayonBox liked this post

IheartYOU will become famous soon enoughIheartYOU will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Synergistic View Post
    @IheartYOU That's awesome about quitting with kratom. One question, how'd you get rid of the "brain zaps" or were you able to? Those are the worst. I read that it's the antidepressant action of tram that does that, and kratom has never helped with relieving them, though it helps a LOT with everything else.

(in case anyone's wondering, brain zaps are this weird zappy feeling when you move your eyes quickly while you're in tramadol wd). I'd love to know a way!
    Well honestly those were the least of my problems. My brain zaps were not apparent to me and if they happened I just ignored them and they went away, they were, if I remember, quite a shock to experience but they became few and further in between. As soon as I was off Kratom, I was put on ADHD medicine which smoothed out my transition even further. When i was younger for a totally different reason I saw visual ttrails over my eyes for months until one day poof. so I wish to tell you something but for me I take it or leave it. If the symptom is what it is. I just let it go. if it doesn't I would see a neurologist or psych. (gabapentin,kratom,poppy seed tea, valerian and ritalin) all these helped me along my journey I am off of all of it except my adhd meds 4 years now.
    Helpful Synergistic Rated helpful

snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    There are a ton of threads about kicking Tramadol. They are from a couple years ago but the info is still pertinent today.
    Here's a link if anyone's interested.

Successful withdrawal
    Helpful Synergistic, IheartYOU Rated helpful

So just took three weeks off tram. Luckily I had no severe withdrawal symptoms but did take neurontin.

Depression is back so took 50mg tram today and feel so much better. Just cannot decide if I should stick with tram or live with deep sadness.

Call is a jewel in the roughCall is a jewel in the roughCall is a jewel in the roughCall is a jewel in the roughCall is a jewel in the roughCall is a jewel in the roughCall is a jewel in the roughCall is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by ethom View Post
    So just took three weeks off tram. Luckily I had no severe withdrawal symptoms but did take neurontin.

Depression is back so took 50mg tram today and feel so much better. Just cannot decide if I should stick with tram or live with deep sadness.
    First, congrats on goin 3 weeks. I can’t make it one week. My problem is sleep. The leg cramps made it impossible to sleep. Leg cramps, rls I don’t know what it is, the difference b/t the two. A friend told me he was put on Effexor which did help with rising his seratonin. Idk if this is true of not, just wanted to put it out there. Have no suggestions about the sadness but there are ppl. who care & relate & hopefully you can resolve that issue. Still congrats on the Tramadol & hope you can continue. Call

14. Tramadol is so difficult to stop because it not only has the partial opiate (it only works on one opiate receptor) but it does affect seratonin. That’s the anti depressant part of the drug. After the initial opiate WD lessens you still have the antidepressant withdrawal for quite some time after. Antidepressant withdrawal is no cake walk either without a taper. Hence the difficulty of stopping. You certainly have the option to try taking an SSRI or SNRI afterwards if you need help with that and not a pain killer. Bear in mind that these drugs don’t work immediately. Give them some time to reach full effect.
    Likes mymesh liked this post

Still tram free. Do I still think about it? Yes. Some of my most productive and happy memories were when I was on them. But I am sure my thinking was so controlled by the tram that what I perceived as "happy" was just the tram talking, does that make sense?

The cravings have been gone for quite a while now, thank goodness. I read an article about the "pink cloud" stage addicts go through. Read up on it sometime. It makes alot of sense as to why people relapse.
    Helpful Brianna9 Rated helpful
    Likes rufusshinra99 liked this post

I’m disabled and on disability. I have had one knee replaced and need to have the other one replaced. I’m traumatized by the first knee replacement and I still have pain. Sometimes my knee locks and it kills me to make it unlock. My shoulders are also cartilage deficient. I have a huge calcium build up on one shoulder and that’s not the worst shoulder. My back upper and lower have slipped discs. I’ll tell you getting old is hell. I’m in pain as we speak and I’m snowed in. Try to go out today, went in the ditch and paid $125.00 to get out. I’m staying put until all the snow quits dumping on us.
    There I complained enough.

17. Tapering/CT off Tramadol
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456