Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Narcotics: It is Time For Me To Say Goodbye

El Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud ofEl Grandote has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by jayx View Post
    How in the hell do you get off of these? It seems like at this point, I have tried everything? Is there an online forum dedicated specifically to discuss stopping? The point when you realize you have a problem with these, it's already way too late, and it's too difficult to find anything online related to opiate discussions these days. Drug counselors in person cost money, transportation, and for a person in withdrawal speaking in person is not an appealing prospect. It actually made the withdrawals much easier reading stories about people who have gone through the same thing, and their strategies.
    @jayx I agree with your statements.....and have empathy for you......ref: especially your statement line 4 ..........
    quote: "for a person in WITHDRAWAL speaking in person is not an appealing prospect. It actually made
    the withdrawals much easier reading stories about people who have gone through the same thing, and
    strategies" unquote

Ref: (my post #46, 2 Sept 2018 this thread) I just celebrated my 1st year 100% clear of [email protected] on
    16 August 2019 ! @jayx you can do it ! one step at a time .......I am NOT suggesting you try my so
    called "strategies" as we are may be all different, as I am only speaking strictly of my dependence on
    [email protected] .....as I did need some extra help (for sure) or I do not believe I could have made my 1st year
    as a "lone wolf", as I needed some group support, that I used faithfully......I would say on a 12 month
    average of about 8 to 12 times per month.

please do not misinterpret my statements, as I am not trying to glorify my "strategy"......as I said in my
    post #46 ..."it is simple but NOT easy" ! I also read many books from the A to Z....listen to many speakers
    who are were NOT in dependence or [email protected] active addiction, who gave me hope, trust, direction, and
    purpose. (the overwhelming majority of these so speakers, were on audio cassettes or on CD format,
    some I listened to over & over. (From the famous to the unknown speakers...meaning not the rich & famous)

Yes, I do take other prescribed medications some from my M.D of the past 20 years, and some of these
    medications, I do NOT get from my faithful M.D. I may not be the most popular (or sought out person) in
    my various "support groups" or not have a high number of hits on this most valuable PR forum, and, I
    have "back tracked before" + meaning going back to my old ways, as IMHO it is one step at a time.

To slip IMO is part of the recovery process, & there are certain things I have to do, to maintain a balance
    for me. The PAWS is very scary, as I have walked down this path before, on other healthy outlets, that
    I turned into a unhealthy outlet, and in my past I did need inpatient treatment, and/or detox due to the
    dangers of B E N Z 0 seizures due to turning a short term mood changer, into outright abuse, including
    b00ze as well..........I am no saint, as I have been off B OO Ze now for 2 1/2 years in a row, again with
    my choice of various support groups or as you say @jayx "strategies" .......that perhaps makes me a
    non conformist, as I am very independent & do not do very well with "authority figures" as well.

I am going to give myself a gift to celebrate IMHO my short term success off of my use of O P I A T E S,
    as I was IMHO self medicating, for my Depression, (self medicating) to prevent the S word, which I
    was extremely cautious, of not getting a "label" on my medical records ......

Just "upgraded" a Round Trip ticket (for my celebration) to meet my only sister, from USA non stop to LHR
    Heathrow (London UK)........for a trip later next month, on my choice of those beautiful Boeing 747-400's
    (premium cabin) on my choice of British Airways....on the "Queen of the Skies" for at least a 2 week trip
    to visit my friendly Brit comrades !! (not sure about it, but may revisit AMS (love it there) or CDG !!!

If you would like any of my "methods" on that visit with one year of Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome....
    just pm me @jayx
    Last edited by El Grandote; 08-23-2019 at 06:13 PM.
    Helpful pinkflower, songsiren, Gullible, Binky, Roz Rated helpful
    Likes peppergirl liked this post
    "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies
    inside us while we live." (Norman Cousins)

Doc_Rogue is just really niceDoc_Rogue is just really niceDoc_Rogue is just really niceDoc_Rogue is just really niceDoc_Rogue is just really niceDoc_Rogue is just really niceDoc_Rogue is just really niceDoc_Rogue is just really niceDoc_Rogue is just really niceDoc_Rogue is just really nice

Damn, I just read (and RE-read) the entire 4 pages of posts in this thread. Not that I am looking to get off the pk’s, more or less just came across it.
    First and foremost, sincerest congrats to those who have rid themselves of pain meds and stayed the course. I know from past experience it isn’t easy to do. I myself take monthly breaks of 3-7 days for several reasons. Often times because some idiot tells me that I’m addicted (duh) or taking pain meds causes your receptors to amplify the pain I perceive in my mind. But mostly to keep tolerance at bay, and slowly stockpile what I can.
    I’ve been able to build up a modest surplus by taking these random breaks (I also have never taken more than prescribed, nor asked for an early refill etc) but forcing myself through the agony of those breaks tells me if or when that day does come where I get cut off, my life will be a living hell.
    I have taken Kratom during these breaks and it does work pretty well, CBD has been a big letdown though. It just doesn’t do what I need to get through the day. Oh and if anyone is looking for a quality kratom supplier, the best I’ve found is Pharmacy Dropout. Google and read his background story, it’ll make more sense.
    Everyone I’m sure when it comes to the pain scale will perceive their pain level differently from the next patient. I used to pride myself on how much I could endure. I just don’t have the will anymore. What I’d consider a 5-6 (a moderate pain day for me) is just too exhausting for me anymore to fake my way through the day.
    I’ve gone the surgery routes, physical therapy, nerve blocks, steroid injections, Medrol tapers, along with every type of nerve pain med and anti-depressant, I could go on some more, and I’m pretty sure I’ve tried them all, and more than a handful of times. Ketamine is the only one I haven’t tried, but after going thru the consult, the NP said her patients that come in for depression have a better chance at a long term reduction in symptoms, but someone like me might see a 10-20% improvement in pain. That just isn’t good enough odds in my book to shell out $8K at this time.
    At this point I’ve just let myself relax, take my meds and make the best of each day. My One hope is that they figure something out, come up with something new, or the pain just calms itself down.
    I don’t know if at what point I get told they are going to cut me off... I get anxiety before every monthly appointment that this will be the time it happens.
    Major props to those who not only weaned themselves off but continue to battle thru the pain after doing so.
    Last edited by Doc_Rogue; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:35 AM.

jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    jaders has a reputation beyond reputejaders has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Rogue View Post
    Damn, I just read (and RE-read) the entire 4 pages of posts in this thread. Not that I am looking to get off the pk’s, more or less just came across it.
    First and foremost, sincerest congrats to those who have rid themselves of pain meds and stayed the course. I know from past experience it isn’t easy to do. I myself take monthly breaks of 3-7 days for several reasons. Often times because some idiot tells me that I’m addicted (duh) or taking pain meds causes your receptors to amplify the pain I perceive in my mind. But mostly to keep tolerance at bay, and slowly stockpile what I can.
    I’ve been able to build up a modest surplus by taking these random breaks (I also have never taken more than prescribed, nor asked for an early refill etc) but forcing myself through the agony of those breaks tells me if or when that day does come where I get cut off, my life will be a living hell.
    I have taken Kratom during these breaks and it does work pretty well, CBD has been a big letdown though. It just doesn’t do what I need to get through the day. Oh and if anyone is looking for a quality kratom supplier, the best I’ve found is Pharmacy Dropout. Google and read his background story, it’ll make more sense.
    Everyone I’m sure when it comes to the pain scale will perceive their pain level differently from the next patient. I used to pride myself on how much I could endure. I just don’t have the will anymore. What I’d consider a 5-6 (a moderate pain day for me) is just too exhausting for me anymore to fake my way through the day.
    I’ve gone the surgery routes, physical therapy, nerve blocks, steroid injections, Medrol tapers, along with every type of nerve pain med and anti-depressant, I could go on some more, and I’m pretty sure I’ve tried them all, and more than a handful of times. Ketamine is the only one I haven’t tried, but after going thru the consult, the NP said her patients that come in for depression have a better chance at a long term reduction in symptoms, but someone like me might see a 10-20% improvement in pain. That just isn’t good enough odds in my book to shell out $8K at this time.
    At this point I’ve just let myself relax, take my meds and make the best of each day. My One hope is that they figure something out, come up with something new, or the pain just calms itself down.
    I don’t know if at what point I get told they are going to cut me off... I get anxiety before every monthly appointment that this will be the time it happens.
    Major props to those who not only weaned themselves off but continue to battle thru the pain after doing so.
    Hey @Doc_Rogue. I think if they were going to cut you off they probably would’ve by now. Since the CDC is revising their guidelines, as they said they never intended folks to be forcibly tapered or completely taken off either, I think the doctors who were still willing to prescribe thru all this may be more able to relax. I hope so for your and all our sakes...
    The cause of all suffering is attachment...

Bawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond repute
    Bawston has a reputation beyond repute
    @Doc_Rogue...I’m sorry for what you’re going through and can relate to that anxious feeling before every appointment. It is the main reason why I self tapered and stopped. I live in a state that requires a face to face every 3 months and at least an annual urine sample but even just having to make that monthly call to ask/beg for my script would put my stomach into spasms. It never failed - I’d request the prescription, it wouldn’t get signed off, I’d have to call multiple times then finally sit in the waiting room sometimes for hours until the doctor had “time” to sign her name to the script sitting in her in box. It was there because her PA told me but just not signed. How much time does it take to sign it? I always thought it was this passive aggressive thing she was doing to me.
    Helpful Mecha, songsiren, Blackbird123 Rated helpful

5. let me chime in @Doc_Rogue. the cdc has definitely backed away from their early statements and now claim they didn't mean to include (!) pain patients. your being cut off is not inevitable and many pain clinics still function. tolerance breaks are a good idea because you are mindful of the difference between dependence and addiction. people are quick to call others addicts and don't understand the difference.

there is nothing noble about suffering. my ex had some surgery and was boasting about never using the morphine pump. good for him, but the rest of us are not like that. quality of life is important, even if that means some chemical aid. as someone whose pain will just worsen over time, i plan to put quality first and ignore the raving lunatics trying to legislate our suffering. the pendulum is swinging back in our favor, especially since the present administration now has more to worry about than whether chronic pain patients get a norco prescription monthly.

6. I go to a great pain clinic. The docs and the staff are extremely nice. I have been on the same dose for many years and have no intention of stopping. I am 58 and have had RA since I was 32. It has never been completely in remission and has consequently caused much damage to my joints. My pain clinic along with my Rheumatologist have enabled me to be a functioning human.

The state I live in calls for a monthly face to face and urine samples. I have no problem with this. It was much easier when my Rheumatologist prescribed everything but I have adjusted. Some people do need to take these meds to live any sort of productive life and I am one.

I have considered finding a doctor who would help me change from Morphine ER to Marijuana but I worry it won’t work for me and then I will be back to square one.

It is admirable for those of you who have been able to stop. I’m very happy to hear that you are able to control your pain after the withdrawals and the PAWS is over. I hope it continues to work for you.

For myself, I hope that I continue to have the Doctors I need to prescribe my meds. I don’t discuss my meds are doses with too many people as there is so much judgement when people hear the word Morphine.

ludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the roughludwig1961 is a jewel in the rough

@Musicmom It seems you have a great doctor. I am really glad for you. But I would never trade morphine er for mj. No way. That is my honest view on that. It seems you are on a good road and things seem to be good. Congrats.
    Helpful jaders, Musicmom, Gullible Rated helpful
    Likes calgal99, Bawston liked this post

Doc_Rogue is just really niceDoc_Rogue is just really niceDoc_Rogue is just really niceDoc_Rogue is just really niceDoc_Rogue is just really niceDoc_Rogue is just really niceDoc_Rogue is just really niceDoc_Rogue is just really niceDoc_Rogue is just really niceDoc_Rogue is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by jaders View Post
    Hey @Doc_Rogue. I think if they were going to cut you off they probably would’ve by now. Since the CDC is revising their guidelines, as they said they never intended folks to be forcibly tapered or completely taken off either, I think the doctors who were still willing to prescribe thru all this may be more able to relax. I hope so for your and all our sakes...
    I do have hope that you and @notcharlotte are correct. I've always played by the rules since starting at this pain clinic 3 years back.
    My doc is pretty good, and for the most part listens to me. I just wish he was a little more open to trying new meds, and mixing it up every once in a while.
    It was nothing short of criminal what the DEA forced some of these Doctors and Pain Clinics to do, abruptly cutting off their paitients, often with no warning or plan for them to taper down. Some of the stories I've read are so depressing and cruel. I definitely feel fortunate that I haven't seen it happen too much in my area, but have heard of it happening. One acquaintance thought his doc just used the DEA cracking down to remove the pain meds from his patients. There's just some of us in this world who do all our docs have asked of us, and still cannot find a solution to the pain. We need these meds to lead a normal as possible life.
    I too have had to give the piss sample for testing. When I started there, you had to bring your meds with you for a count -
    they scheduled next appointments 25 days out, so they could do a count and write a new prescription dated another 5 days out before you could refill.
    I always made sure to have 5-10 pills extra for the few times they counted mine.
    By the 2nd year, I had maybe 2 times where they asked for my urine, and in the last year I haven't been tested at all.
    It pays to play by the rules, and never ask for an early refill. Even if it's legit, like you're going out of town. I always save up a few for the times that's happened, to get me through my trip. I guarantee they've heard every excuse at least once before. I've gained their trust by never asking for an early refill, always trying a new med to the mixture if asked, and never running short on my meds.
    Thanks all who chimed in and gave me some encouragement. I always felt like they just went overboard at first. I hate the knee-jerk reactions.
    So few actually keep a level head and make a controlled effort when a health crisis spreads. Chronic pain sufferers should have never been caught up in the massive effort to eliminate or crack down on the prescribing actions of doctors, and the skyrocketing number of overdoses via narcotics.
    And if someday I find a non-narcotic option to control the pain, I will hopefully remember to come back to this thread and post my success.
    It's mind over matter. Yes a week or two of shitty withdrawal symptoms, and what I consider even harder to overcome, the 6+ months of PAWS.
    Regardless, I know if I didn't have to deal with this debilitating pain, I would wean off the meds in short order. Hoping above all we can get there someday.
    Thanks again PR'rs. Peace to all and this community.
    Helpful notcharlotte, Bawston Rated helpful

9. Thanks for your opinion. Many people, not with chronic pain, seem to think marijuana would work. I’ve even skeptical myself. Back in the beginning, when I first got RA, I did try to smoke. It only seemed to make my joints hurt worse. People today are telling me that new strains of marijuana can help different symptoms. I think I will stick with The Morphine ER. Especially since it has worked for me for so long.

Thanks again.
    Likes jaders, jakemoe liked this post

Bawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond repute
    Bawston has a reputation beyond repute
    I live in a state where recreational marijuana is legal (as well as medical for a while now). Having been on OxyContin for more than 10 years and having tried marijuana, I would opt 100% for the OxyContin. When I was on that prescription which was the same does for over a decade, I never felt high or out of control. With the MJ it either knocks me out or makes me too high to function. Perhaps it’s a matter of finding the right one and dose but with the prescription I knew exactly what I was getting and it was totally consistent.
    Helpful jaders Rated helpful
    Likes jakemoe liked this post

11. states with legal mj have reduced pk prescriptions, so i guess it works for some people. if it's ever legal, i'll give it a try. btw, cbd lotion is now so ubiquitous the discount store is selling it. a year ago it was all about how illegal it is: now there's cbd stores everywhere. the aging population causing it? it seems like there's a lot of people in pain.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234