Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Narcotics: It is Time For Me To Say Goodbye

Whisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud ofWhisperliner L1011 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by jayx View Post
    How in the hell do you get off of these? It seems like at this point, I have tried everything? Is there an online forum dedicated specifically to discuss stopping? The point when you realize you have a problem with these, it's already way too late, and it's too difficult to find anything online related to opiate discussions these days. Drug counselors in person cost money, transportation, and for a person in withdrawal speaking in person is not an appealing prospect. It actually made the withdrawals much easier reading stories about people who have gone through the same thing, and their strategies.
    @jayx I agree with your statements.....and have empathy for you......ref: especially your statement line 4 ..........
    quote: "for a person in WITHDRAWAL speaking in person is not an appealing prospect. It actually made
    the withdrawals much easier reading stories about people who have gone through the same thing, and
    strategies" unquote

Ref: (my post #46, 2 Sept 2018 this thread) I just celebrated my 1st year 100% clear of [email protected] on
    16 August 2019 ! @jayx you can do it ! one step at a time .......I am NOT suggesting you try my so
    called "strategies" as we are may be all different, as I am only speaking strictly of my dependence on
    [email protected] .....as I did need some extra help (for sure) or I do not believe I could have made my 1st year
    as a "lone wolf", as I needed some group support, that I used faithfully......I would say on a 12 month
    average of about 8 to 12 times per month.

please do not misinterpret my statements, as I am not trying to glorify my "strategy"......as I said in my
    post #46 ..."it is simple but NOT easy" ! I also read many books from the A to Z....listen to many speakers
    who are were NOT in dependence or [email protected] active addiction, who gave me hope, trust, direction, and
    purpose. (the overwhelming majority of these so speakers, were on audio cassettes or on CD format,
    some I listened to over & over. (From the famous to the unknown speakers...meaning not the rich & famous)

Yes, I do take other prescribed medications some from my M.D of the past 20 years, and some of these
    medications, I do NOT get from my faithful M.D. I may not be the most popular (or sought out person) in
    my various "support groups" or not have a high number of hits on this most valuable PR forum, and, I
    have "back tracked before" + meaning going back to my old ways, as IMHO it is one step at a time.

To slip IMO is part of the recovery process, & there are certain things I have to do, to maintain a balance
    for me. The PAWS is very scary, as I have walked down this path before, on other healthy outlets, that
    I turned into a unhealthy outlet, and in my past I did need inpatient treatment, and/or detox due to the
    dangers of B E N Z 0 seizures due to turning a short term mood changer, into outright abuse, including
    b00ze as well..........I am no saint, as I have been off B OO Ze now for 2 1/2 years in a row, again with
    my choice of various support groups or as you say @jayx "strategies" .......that perhaps makes me a
    non conformist, as I am very independent & do not do very well with "authority figures" as well.

I am going to give myself a gift to celebrate IMHO my short term success off of my use of O P I A T E S,
    as I was IMHO self medicating, for my Depression, (self medicating) to prevent the S word, which I
    was extremely cautious, of not getting a "label" on my medical records ......

Just "upgraded" a Round Trip ticket (for my celebration) to meet my only sister, from USA non stop to LHR
    Heathrow (London UK)........for a trip later next month, on my choice of those beautiful Boeing 747-400's
    (premium cabin) on my choice of British Airways....on the "Queen of the Skies" for at least a 2 week trip
    to visit my friendly Brit comrades !! (not sure about it, but may revisit AMS (love it there) or CDG !!!

If you would like any of my "methods" on that visit with one year of Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome....
    just pm me @jayx
    Last edited by Whisperliner L1011; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:13 PM.
    Helpful pinkflower, songsiren, Gullible Rated helpful
    Likes peppergirl liked this post
    "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies
    inside us while we live." (Norman Cousins)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234