Thread: Marjawana for opioid addiction....

Default Marjawana for opioid addiction....

On Thursday, Governor Phil Murphy announced that the state’s medical marijuana program will allow all patients who suffer from opioid addiction to use medical cannabis as an adjunct to medically assisted treatment (MAT), such as a suboxone or methodone prescription.

My home state N.J is really pushing the limits with this movement. I don't believe this is reasonable to think people will stop using herion or whatever you are getting off on to smoke some bud. But hey it might for some people. I myself struggle with being weak and used herion for a big part of my life not until I went to prison did I learn that using drugs was not worth the cost. I am now clean from herion thank God. I use suboxone and it helps but it's all up to the person to want to stop. Giving heroin addicts marjawana is just bizarre.
    Anyways if you disagree please let me know what you think. Here is a link even though this is n.j it's probably coming to your state also.... if your in America.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...-too-soon/amp/

- - - Updated - - -

And good morning pharmacyreviewer friends!

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Artknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of lightArtknowsme is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by johnathankersis88 View Post
    On Thursday, Governor Phil Murphy announced that the state’s medical marijuana program will allow all patients who suffer from opioid addiction to use medical cannabis as an adjunct to medically assisted treatment (MAT), such as a suboxone or methodone prescription.

My home state N.J is really pushing the limits with this movement. I don't believe this is reasonable to think people will stop using herion or whatever you are getting off on to smoke some bud. But hey it might for some people. I myself struggle with being weak and used herion for a big part of my life not until I went to prison did I learn that using drugs was not worth the cost. I am now clean from herion thank God. I use suboxone and it helps but it's all up to the person to want to stop. Giving heroin addicts marjawana is just bizarre.
    Anyways if you disagree please let me know what you think. Here is a link even though this is n.j it's probably coming to your state also.... if your in America.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...-too-soon/amp/

- - - Updated - - -

And good morning pharmacyreviewer friends!
    I think its a good idea. Anything to help someone who wants to get off heroin or opioids should be explored. The operative word is "wants." I don't think MJ will be a direct alternative to using Opioids, but I think it will help with the anxiety in the withdrawal period. Good for you being strong and getting off heroin! That is a huge accomplishment. I don't know if you had any support coming off of them since you were in jail, but you have to admit if you had MJ to take during those rough times you would take advantage of it. Whether it helps everyone or not remains to be seem, but the research says using MJ does lower the opioid overdose deaths, and that is what politicians focus on. To me, the whole "Opioid Crisis" is a made up event, but I won't go there.
    Likes johnathankersis88 liked this post
    Counting on someone else for your happiness is a recipe for premeditated disappointment.

4. numerous studies have shown that opioid use goes down in states legalizing mmj. however, this seems to work for chronic pain patients using prescriptions. addicts using heroin, meth, or fentanyl are unlikely to use it unless they want to be clean.

you have separate issues here. one group is people trying to reduce pain, and the other are addicts trying to battle addiction. mmj would definitely cushion the wds, but mmj isn't a magical answer here.
    Likes Artknowsme, jakemoe liked this post

Coming off of herion I hated smoking weed it made me feel sicker. That's why i find it so bizzar but for some people it does help. What's going on now is they are going to use it to come right off of opioids and as maintenance. Never hurt anyone but smoking weed is not gonna do anything if you can get herion you can get weed and heroin addicts still buy the herion. But like you said you have to want it. I just thought it was interesting. @notcharlotte it def helps with pain not denying that. But if you tried to detox me off herion with bud I'd hold on to your pocket book. ?? Ah it was a sad life.
    Likes Artknowsme liked this post

6. Smoking weed does not help when coming off tramadol. It will give you terrible anxiety attacks.
    Likes ludwig1961 liked this post

Weed def helped me beat my 10 yr tramadol dependency. Blue dream is the best strain (for me) for calming and pain relief effects. Too much sativa made me jumpy while too much indica turned me into a zombie. It took a few tries before I found what worked but once I did I never took tram again (2.5 years ago) and don’t miss it at all.
    Helpful Binky, jaders, songsiren Rated helpful

You're best bet would be to try edibles or oils that are heavy in CBD's, but low in THC. The CBD's will help with the insomnia and calm the nerves a bit. Some people do like THC, I personally know some folks on here that have used weed oils to ween off opioids. If you find weed relaxing and enjoyable, it will probably work. The key is to find the "sweet spot" - that amount that is high enough to provide positive effects, but not so high that you get paranoia and bad trips.
    Likes songsiren, bigmomma78 liked this post
    Drug criminalization is modern-day slavery.

I haven't used it since 1991, but I want to again, now that I see that it's been decriminalized in many states, but even recreational use is legal in 11 states (I think that's the right number.) There was PBS coverage of it tonight. Saw guys just buying a rolled joint in Massachusetts. FAILED to pass it in NY and NJ just a few weeks ago, but decriminalized. I know how to smoke it, and that's just for me a very small amount, or it really will cause paranoia and dreadful fears, in fact. But just a couple of tokes is enough. These comments show that it helps with addictions for some, doesn't for others.

The freakin' sick thing is that it's fully legal in some states, totally illegal in ignorant states, and somewhere in between with medical use allowed if Rx by doctor in quite a few others. It's just insane that it's not uniform everywhere. But in New York City, where everybody smokes it, and the whole state favours legalization, it is particulary annoying. It might even be useful for getting off Ambien and sleeping meds if used very sparingly, but it's the stimulation to work and be creative that makes it so useful across-the-board if you know how to smoke. I noticed in the early 90s, the last time I smoked, that it was already much stronger than when I had used it as a youngster in the 70s. And the PBS story tonight said that now it was much stronger still.

My last experiences at a New Year's Eve party were so grotesque I swore I'd never use it again (and there was no buildup, I hardly ever smoked in the 80s), and have not.

I've changed my mind now, and would try very small amounts, because I never smoked it regularly except in my 20s, when I even performed on stage stoned. But those days have gone. The Harvard scientist talking about the research on it (not nearly enough of which has been done), has said that indeed taking much smaller amounts of this newer and stronger marijuana does work as well as the old weed in larger doses. From research done thus far, she sees more advantages to disadvantages in pot usage, and there were diagrams of how it affects the pre-frontal cortex. She was clearly not a user herself, rather a serious scientist and psychiatrist.

I think it's fabulous that it's getting legalized in more and more states, and New York and New Jersey will almost surely see this happen in the next year or two, since people favour it. They are not now doing it because of the matters of taxes, which is complicated. The governors want more taxes on it, and then they'll start local industries. this is very civilized when it comes to be, not to mention where it has already happened. There are already dispensaries in both NJ and NY where you can get it, but you've got to convince the doctor, which may mean by having a serious condition. But that it helps some with chronic pain is already so important. I, personally, can't wait for this Renaissance to occur here, and it should fairly soon. If it makes you more productive workwise (which it did me when I first used it for some years), that's not 'purely recreational', and nothing wrong with that either if it's legal, as with alcohol--which can be useful, but can also make you be sloppy and lazy.

I can easily see it alleviating anxiety if not overused (it originally did just that when I first used it, but then I used it too often and it will backfire if you do, at least in some cases), and I'd love to replace benzos and Z-drugs with it. So I can't wait to give another very, very cautious try. If I reacted at all badly to it, I would stop using it immediately after having a few drinks to calm it down.

Just looked at that state-by-state map of marijuana legality and illegality--not fully up-to-date, because Illinois has fully legalized, but it's incredible that some states are so ridiculous that it cannot even be used medicinally at this point. Adjoining states: Michigan: Fully Legal; Wisconsin: Fully Illegal. So a lot to do with politics and politicians.
    Last edited by toby; 5 Days Ago at 09:30 PM.

10. Congratulations on getting clean. That is something to be proud of. As a dedicated MJ fan I am all for any case that they can use to expand access to MJ.

MJ may not be a full replacement for H addicts but it probably helps some recovering people take the edge off. Just speculation since I have no actual H experience.