Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is exercise the answer ?

1. @RunRunRiver - I found the same combo of yoga and light cardio works for me too. Typically, I prefer swimming or cycling for my cardio. I’m not a big fan of gyms, but took spin classes long enough to find out I absolutely love it. I now have my own spin bike. I can hop on whenever I feel like it, pop on some music or turn on Netflix and my bike time flies by. Now, I just need to set it up as a regular routine and stick to it. Very easy to say “oh, I’ll do it later” when I have a bike on hand 24/7.
    Likes M77, kevlar, djrick, El Grandote liked this post

2. @RunRunRiver - I found the same combo of yoga and light cardio works for me too. Typically, I prefer swimming or cycling for my cardio. I’m not a big fan of gyms, but took spin classes long enough to find out I absolutely love it. I now have my own spin bike. I can hop on whenever I feel like it, pop on some music or turn on Netflix and my bike time flies by. Now, I just need to set it up as a regular routine and stick to it. Very easy to say “oh, I’ll do it later” when I have a bike on hand 24/7.

@creewillow
    Another very helpful way to get into the gym routine, is with a friend. Of course, it has to be a motivated friend, but I have found that having a routine, with another person, is very helpful. If you are hedging with keeping the commitment, knowing that you are letting down your gym partner, is great motivation. Of course that works both ways. I have done this with both gym routines, as well as racquetball clubs. Getting bored with regular cardio, can be easily replaced with racquetball. Of course you can’t go crazy. I have had competition amongst friends, where we wanted to win so bad, we were crashing into the walls. But it is the absolutely least boring cardio workout you can get. It is fun, and if you don’t get carried away, an hour of cardio feels like it goes by in a few minutes. I had to lay off the racquetball, because of other issues, but I still will do the gym with a a few friends.
    Helpful El Grandote Rated helpful
    Likes kevlar, djrick, creewillow liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

El Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant futureEl Grandote has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by M77 View Post
    @creewillow
    Another very helpful way to get into the gym routine, is with a friend. Of course, it has to be a motivated friend, but I have found that having a routine, with another person, is very helpful. If you are hedging with keeping the commitment, knowing that you are letting down your gym partner, is great motivation. Of course that works both ways. I have done this with both gym routines, as well as racquetball clubs. Getting bored with regular cardio, can be easily replaced with racquetball. Of course you can’t go crazy. I have had competition amongst friends, where we wanted to win so bad, we were crashing into the walls. But it is the absolutely least boring cardio workout you can get. It is fun, and if you don’t get carried away, an hour of cardio feels like it goes by in a few minutes. I had to lay off the racquetball, because of other issues, but I still will do the gym with a a few friends.
    @M77 that is good advice. I have used Gyms before, one time for 4 years in a row, but with no partner. I also, have a childhood friend, who has played Racket Ball for almost 20
    years ! (IMO you will not get BORED with that form of exercise) ! I am 6'!" and try to keep my weight around 180-185. When I hit 200, I immediately do something about
    it. (not too often, but it happens).........(Slothfulness and getting on sugar binges late at night)

Regarding joining a Gym. Just be careful, what you sign up for. There is a chain, of gyms called GOLD'S GYM, often with state of the art exercise equipment,& a few years
    ago, I went in on a gimmick offer, and the scam team was waiting for me. They offered me a cute gal about 20 years younger than me with a Masters Degree in ..............
    well "Nutrition", it is called the double team act, and I was to fill out a diet of everything I consumed each day, and, have access to the this brand new gym without any
    restrictions, even with a "juice bar" (the good news) now the bad news... The contract was for over US 3,000.00 + for only one year. So I went to payments, directly from

my Visa account. Well........when I showed up for my 3 x a week sessions, this chick would start me out on various exercise equipment, and peek at my hand written
    daily consumption of food, and spend only about less than 60 seconds looking at it and toss it on a desk, and would start me on different exercise machines, at a high
    rate of speed, and within 10 minutes would just desert me, and do the disappearing act, "like every time". The MUSIC in this GYM was extremely LOUD, playing often
    Rap music to anything "current pop culture" man was it LOUD music in this fancy uptown gym with a view of the city, even had a movie theater within the GYM & even
    the VIOLENT shows played with the stationary bikes, was so damn loud, you could not think out loud.

I noticed the GYM was 90% empty, which seemed to me kind of strange. The turnover of the assistants was Rampant. I started getting pissed off. As they did not IMO
    offer me what was so professionally promised......the girl was continued to her behavior, spend only 10 minutes with me and again do the disappearing act !!! After
    about 6 months of this, and no one would talk to me as I ask for a manager, who was never there, so I hired a A SUPER STRONG LAWYER, (WHO HANDLED MY DIVORCE +
    I bought a Dun & Bradstreet Business Information Report on their financial condition, and they were not paying their bills, and even had huge tax liens on this property,
    from the entire past year, so my LAWYER SENT THEM ONE LETTER AND & AND HE DOES NOT PLAY AROUND, AND, MY CONTRACT WAS CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY WITH
    NO REPORT TO EQUIFAX, TRANS UNION OR, EXPERIAN, AS I HAVE GOOD CREDIT, ALTHOUGH IT COSTS ME ABOUT ABOUT MAYBE us $300.00, IT WAS WORTH EVERY\
    PENNY OF IT.

Just be careful, sorry for my rant, I have seen this SCAM done before as far back as the 1980's, and the 1990's, but most SCAM's like in the GYM business, they burn you
    out, and just turn you into the credit bureau, and defaulting on a agreement and often turn you into a collection agency. That is BS !!! Seriously, if they do that, it will
    stay on usually all of the big 3 credit bureaus, and, you may not even be able to buy a car, or, a huge line of credit, for a mortgage, unless you put like 50% down. So
    I only wanted to say, be careful, not only with GYM Clubs as they have benefits that have are often rewarding.

I do better this year as @M77 says, if I have a walking partner, for a to build up gradually to a brisk pace. It is not a boring to me that way.

Also beware of other old school scams such as the 70's and 80's TIME SHARE SCAMS. The USA long ago cleaned up their "ACT" but IMHO NOT in MEXICO. (another story)
    but. make damn sure you have a partner with you, spouse or even a good friend, and DO YOUR RESEARCH before you hear the "Pitch" if you do not , you may regret it.
    This is getting off topic so I will may start a another thread or just PM me as the Swiss Annuity that backs up a FRACTIONAL OWNERSHIP are alive &
    kicking in MX. (Some are complete frauds, even the cooling off period, are Scams).................
    Helpful M77 Rated helpful
    Likes kevlar, djrick liked this post

@El Grandote
    Everything you mentioned was spot on. I was very lucky with the Time Share scams. When I was in my early 20’s, a coworker came back from a vacation, very excited about his new Time Share. The CEO of the company went nuts, and did the same thing you had to go through. He brought in his hi power corporate council to eviscerate the “contract,” and even paid for it, for my coworker. So I knew about the whole scam, before I ever got the high pressure sales pitch. I was in St. Martin, and was offered a one day boat trip to St. Barts, in exchange for looking at the hotel's Time Share property. The day trip was fantastic, and I kept my end of the bargain, and looked at the property. Of course they showed us the ocean front suite, and presented us with charts showing how much money we would save, by “owning” a week per year, and how we could swap it for any other timeshare, etc. Of course no mention of the lifetime commitment to pay for maintenance, renovations, expansion, of the property, which would just benefit the property managers, and not us. I knew enough of the pitfalls, but when I asked what kind of equity I would be getting for my large investment, it was a ridiculous lease of something like 1/20th of 1% of the property, with no title, or other rights. Of course the ocean front suite was something like $20,000, but of course there were upgrades for better weeks, and better locations on the property. I have had the high pressure pitch elsewhere, like Barbados, but I fortunately knew to avoid it, at all costs.

As far as the gym scam, they abused so many people, in my state, that they had to stop. I did have a lifetime membership for Bally’s, which was $76 a year to renew, but they went out of business, and it ended up worthless. I did get about 20 years out of it, so it was worth it. Now, I won’t touch any membership, other than a monthly fee, on a credit card, that I can block, if I try to cancel, and they keep billing. I had a relative that got stuck and despite written, certified mail, demands to cancel, they kept charging monthly. I was able to intercede, and get it cancelled, along with a refund for all the charges after the written demand to cancel.

All great advice from you, regarding the very frequent scams regarding both of these services!
    Last edited by M77; 5 Days Ago at 09:20 PM.
    Helpful El Grandote Rated helpful
    Likes djrick liked this post
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

Hi Sotired thanks for the kind works I am sure you will manage to get your issues sorted, we can only try our best, if I can be of any help to you just ask, thanks again
    Likes M77 liked this post

@M77 Yes this is going on over here in the UK too its mad my friend who has been on benzo's with his doctors blessing (now retired) but he functioned very well with these tablets as prescribed he holds down a good job and bringing up a young family and gives back to society and now he has been given a letter from the practice saying that they are taking him off these meds, he made an appointment to discuss this with his new doctor and it was explained to him that its practice policy to stop prescribing these drugs most likely due to pressure from the health board. That in itself is good but they are just stopping it with no substitute or any other advice. I find it very frustrating for him. He is now looking at the black market to do a taper why the practice cannot help him. Now he risks getting robbed/conned criminal record even getting on harder drugs this is a short sighted strategy from the practice which is just madness.

thanks for the encouraging words.
    Helpful M77, El Grandote Rated helpful
    Likes djrick liked this post

8. Quote Originally Posted by M77 View Post
    @creewillow
    I’ve got a willing workout partner...but going to the gym isn’t my thing and I don’t think it ever will be. I did it for years and always hated it. Utilizing our environment works fine for us about eight months out of the year. When there’s plenty to do outside and it’s not too cold for us to go out and do it. I’d far rather walk, bike, swim or hike outside than go to a gym. But I absolutely detest the cold, so winters throw a curve ball at me. I used to dance and kickbox during the winters at a friend’s home studio, but the home studio disappeared in her divorce. My winter pattern seems to start out strong, I move to my spin bike and fall into a habit. Then, I inevitably catch a cold or other winter bug and everything goes to hell. I’ve got a miserable cold right now and it’s killing me. I’m two weeks without anything other than otc pks and I’m realizing just how much I relied on rx pks to keep on keeping on when battling this type of illness. I have a cough that’s making every muscle in my chest and abdomen hurt. Thankfully it’s all still sinus and hasn’t moved south into my chest yet. It’s just a tickle in my throat that makes me cough...but cough medicine isn’t stopping it to the degree I’d like. Ugh.
    Helpful M77, El Grandote Rated helpful

@creewillow
    I’m with you, as far as hiking, biking, and overall taking in nature. But, as you mentioned, winter throws a big wrench into that. I get bored with gyms as well, but when I was playing racquetball at least 3 times a week, or more, I was in the best shape of my life. I am unable to play racquetball, at least competitively, like I used to. I have to find someone with aches and pains to play with, and hope nobody’s watching! LOL
    Likes El Grandote liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12