Thread: Inderal (Propranolol), Tramadol on urine test - terrible situation and urgent

1. Default Inderal (Propranolol), Tramadol on urine test - terrible situation and urgent

Hello and sorry for the long post...

I read somewhere that Inderal, a beta blocker, might test false positive as an amphetamine on drug test... How likely do you think this would happen?

Also, would Tramadol test positive for opiates? I unfortunately take it sometimes for back pain, but I'm not prescribed.

Finally, would Wellbutrin, which I'm also not prescribed, but take two Wellbutrin SR 150mg daily show as an amphetamine, and how likely do you think this could happen.

I'm in a situation in which a court ordered me to undergo alcohol rehab clinic of an open type (I just have to report there every day, attend some short group therapy, and then free to go), but they take a urine sample every day. The treatment in a clinic lasts for a month usualy, but obviously if they find drugs I'm not prescribed in urine, I'm screwed...

I'm currently terribly addicted to benzos (I take 4 2mg clonazepam pills daily and 20 mg Ambien to sleep, and have been doing so for about a year), and last time I quit benzos cold turkey I found that Inderal helped me greately. I will have to quit benzos cold turkey because the clinic starts in two weeks, and I have no time now to taper down... If I admitted my benzo addiction in court, I would have to be in hospital much longer (months), inpatient based and lose my job, so my lawyer advised me to reveal only my alcohol habit and depression to court, which was a good move because the judge reduced my sentence from 11 months in prison to 2 years probation and mandatory alcohol rehab... I did a small criminal act, not related to drugs or buying meds online, didn't hurt anyone, so please don't think I'm a very bad person.

I have been dealing with shrinks many years and I am diagnosed with clinical depression and borderline personality disorder. They prescribed me many antidepressants over the years, and all had terrible sideeffects, and only Wellbutrin helped me and works great - gives me a boost, a motivation to do anything. I WAS prescribed Wellbtrin before. The problem is that I had one grand-mal seizure, and that was when I overdosed on Tramadol - I took 20 50mg pills (don't ask me why, I don't know). I was rushed to the ER, they didn't do any drug tests, but asked me what meds I'm taking, I said Wellbutrin, which can in rare cases cause a seizure. Well, not in my case, but now my medical record states that I had a grand-mal seizure caused by Wellbutrin, and no doctor wants to prescribe it to me anymore, so I have to buy it over the internet because only that helps me.

Again sorry because a long post...
    So, how likely is that these meds would show on the drug test as an illegal substance in the alcohol rehab clinic:
    - Inderal (Propranolol)
    - Wellbutrin
    - Tramadol

Thanks

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    I'm not getting this..maybe I'm senile but if you are prescribed
    certain meds, and you need them, then disclosing that on an employment
    application should have no effect on your ability to do your job.
    But then you shifted gears to benzo addiction?
    My wife took inderal back in 1989 for High blood pressure.
    Then switched to cardizem and now Diovan HCT & Toprol-XL.
    Good luck. Glad I was working back in the 70's & 80's B4
    they had these 9 panel tests.

sambob is offline Banned Reason: Attempted selling through the forum
    sambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond reputesambob has a reputation beyond repute

@dado1981, I don't think any of these will appear on a test that is normally administered through the court system. I know for sure tramadol won't; it's a non narcotic and I used it daily while being tested up to 3 times a week. What exactly do you have a legit script for?

After doing some research it does appear that Wellbutrin does sometimes produce a false positive for amphetamines.
    Last edited by sambob; 03-04-2012 at 12:23 AM.

5. Thank you for replies...

@Rowell10mg I'm not prescriped any meds before. I unfortunately self-medicate with Tramadol for pain I have, and have a benzodiazepine addiction - I take benzos without prescriptions alot,as I mentioned in first post (4 2mg tablets Clonazepam daily and 2 10mg pills of zolpidem for sleep daily). I have a diagnosed depression and Wellbutrin works great for me, but I can not be prescibed that anymore because of that one odd seizure I had, not related to Welbutrin.
    Therefore, I consume 4 meds without a presciprion, buying them online:
    - clonazepam
    - wellbutrin
    - ambien
    - tramadol

I will be doing drug test in two weeks daily for at least a month, so I know I have to drop the benzo at least (klonopin), and probably ambien, which I beleive would on the test result as a benzodiazepine.
    I hope I could keep Wellbutrin, as that helps me alot. Because it is so soon (two weeks), i have to quickly get rid of benzos and ambien, which is no good to do quickly (cold turkey), but before I managed several times to quit benzos, even for more than a year, using Inderal, so I asked you all for a drug test result on Inderal... I know I will have to stop klonopin and ambien, they are surely detected on urine test. Cold turkey, but I will survive, if I could take Inderal (based on my previous experiences quiting benzos cold turkey). Thereforse I just ask if Inderal, Wellbutrin and Tramadol would show on urine drug test, as positive or false positive for amphetamines or opiates/opioids... Experiences of you people?

*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 6 minutes after the last post:*

Quote Originally Posted by sambob View Post
    @dado1981, I don't think any of these will appear on a test that is normally administered through the court system. I know for sure tramadol won't; it's a non narcotic and I used it daily while being tested up to 3 times a week. What exactly do you have a legit script for?

After doing some research it does appear that Wellbutrin does sometimes produce a false positive for amphetamines.
    Thank you for your answer. I unfortunately don't have a script for any of these anymore, so I'm glad I could keep at least Tramadol as it also helps my depression, and it's only for a month.
    Last edited by dado1981; 03-04-2012 at 03:21 AM.

Basileuz has a spectacular aura aboutBasileuz has a spectacular aura aboutBasileuz has a spectacular aura aboutBasileuz has a spectacular aura aboutBasileuz has a spectacular aura about

Tramadol doesn't show up. Propanolol doesn't show up.
    Trouble is bupropion (wellbutrin), which shouldn't be tested for in a standard test but which can result in a false-positive for amphetamines.

Be careful when quitting cold-turkey from benzos. If you can, taper off with gabapentin or some of the newer anticonvulsants, which are no problem in a drugs test and which will avoid seizures from the benzo withdrawal. And you should really act fast. Clonazepam may have a long elimination half-life in the body.
    Likes m3nt0r liked this post

7. I hope you are right about Propanolol, but I read on several places that it might cause false positives.

Thank you for your answer.

m3nt0r will become famous soon enoughm3nt0r will become famous soon enoughm3nt0r will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by etinin View Post
    Tramadol doesn't show up. Propanolol doesn't show up.
    Trouble is bupropion (wellbutrin), which shouldn't be tested for in a standard test but which can result in a false-positive for amphetamines.

Be careful when quitting cold-turkey from benzos. If you can, taper off with gabapentin or some of the newer anticonvulsants, which are no problem in a drugs test and which will avoid seizures from the benzo withdrawal. And you should really act fast. Clonazepam may have a long elimination half-life in the body.
    This is everything I wanted to say and all you need to know. Great post, I highly recommend following it.
    Helpful riverstyx Rated helpful

merrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to beholdmerrymiau is a splendid one to behold

@dado1981

If you're going to court-ordered rehab for alcoholism, wouldn't a doctor be willing to legitimately prescribe you something to help lessen the intensity of the alcohol withdrawals anyway? I don't know how heavily you were actually drinking before, but you're at risk of seizures if you suddenly stop boozing it up, just like you would be if you stopped taking benzos cold-turkey. Most doctors are well aware of that. Surely the court/clinic don't expect you to make it through two weeks alcohol-free without any kind of prescription help? Have you been to a shrink yet -- heck, they might even hand you a very small script for a benzo anyway, since Valium is oftentimes used to kick alcoholism in the early days of withdrawals.
    Helpful riverstyx Rated helpful
    Likes Bananastickers liked this post

2 weeks to taper off 8mgs of Kpin? Be careful.
    Likes mmille42 liked this post

mmille42 has a spectacular aura aboutmmille42 has a spectacular aura aboutmmille42 has a spectacular aura aboutmmille42 has a spectacular aura aboutmmille42 has a spectacular aura about

@Blackmore..I agree..I take 0.5 mgs of klonopin 1x daily and if I forget to take them after a couple of nights I start feeling dizzy an lightheaded...be very careful tapering off that amount...I believe 2 weeks is way to agressive.be careful!
    Helpful Blackmore Rated helpful

12. You, my friend, have a whopping benzo habit....two weeks is NO WHERE NEAR enough time to deal with an 8mg per day clonazepam habit (I won't even comment on the ambien)......you need to do something and FAST before you try to go through this....

Good luck, please keep posting here. This is serious business.

EDIT, this thread has me reeling, I cannot imagine coming off two large benzos in two weeks, I really suggest you go inpatient on this one.
    Last edited by GreenThumb; 03-14-2012 at 04:56 PM.
    Helpful merrymiau, Blackmore Rated helpful

13. Quote Originally Posted by dado1981 View Post
    Hello and sorry for the long post...

I read somewhere that Inderal, a beta blocker, might test false positive as an amphetamine on drug test... How likely do you think this would happen?

Also, would Tramadol test positive for opiates? I unfortunately take it sometimes for back pain, but I'm not prescribed.

Finally, would Wellbutrin, which I'm also not prescribed, but take two Wellbutrin SR 150mg daily show as an amphetamine, and how likely do you think this could happen.

I'm in a situation in which a court ordered me to undergo alcohol rehab clinic of an open type (I just have to report there every day, attend some short group therapy, and then free to go), but they take a urine sample every day. The treatment in a clinic lasts for a month usualy, but obviously if they find drugs I'm not prescribed in urine, I'm screwed...

I'm currently terribly addicted to benzos (I take 4 2mg clonazepam pills daily and 20 mg Ambien to sleep, and have been doing so for about a year), and last time I quit benzos cold turkey I found that Inderal helped me greately. I will have to quit benzos cold turkey because the clinic starts in two weeks, and I have no time now to taper down... If I admitted my benzo addiction in court, I would have to be in hospital much longer (months), inpatient based and lose my job, so my lawyer advised me to reveal only my alcohol habit and depression to court, which was a good move because the judge reduced my sentence from 11 months in prison to 2 years probation and mandatory alcohol rehab... I did a small criminal act, not related to drugs or buying meds online, didn't hurt anyone, so please don't think I'm a very bad person.

I have been dealing with shrinks many years and I am diagnosed with clinical depression and borderline personality disorder. They prescribed me many antidepressants over the years, and all had terrible sideeffects, and only Wellbutrin helped me and works great - gives me a boost, a motivation to do anything. I WAS prescribed Wellbtrin before. The problem is that I had one grand-mal seizure, and that was when I overdosed on Tramadol - I took 20 50mg pills (don't ask me why, I don't know). I was rushed to the ER, they didn't do any drug tests, but asked me what meds I'm taking, I said Wellbutrin, which can in rare cases cause a seizure. Well, not in my case, but now my medical record states that I had a grand-mal seizure caused by Wellbutrin, and no doctor wants to prescribe it to me anymore, so I have to buy it over the internet because only that helps me.

Again sorry because a long post...
    So, how likely is that these meds would show on the drug test as an illegal substance in the alcohol rehab clinic:
    - Inderal (Propranolol)
    - Wellbutrin
    - Tramadol

Thanks
    No worries. The Inderal and Ultram will absolutely not show up on the standard drug tests. I know this from personal experience with
    DOC Drug tests. Not that it matters to me as I have prescriptions.

As far as the Wellbutrin goes. I don't think it will show up either. This I have heard from other guys taking it and testing for DOC, not personal experience. Even if it were to show up it should be a non issue as it's not a narcotic and they would do a confirmation test. All they care about is the drugs of abuse.
    Helpful Ranfea Rated helpful

bradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nicebradw is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBee View Post
    As far as the Wellbutrin goes. I don't think it will show up either. This I have heard from other guys taking it and testing for DOC, not personal experience. Even if it were to show up it should be a non issue as it's not a narcotic and they would do a confirmation test. All they care about is the drugs of abuse.
    There is a chance that the Wellbutrin/bupropion may test you positive for amphetamines, but if this were to happen, I would request a follow-up test. The follow-up/confirmation test would prove that there are no amphetamines in your system, and I have my doubts that the lab would even mention Wellbutrin being in your system, if they were even to test for that.

Wellbutrin is a non-controlled medication, and therefore isn't something that I would worry too much about. The chance of it causing a false-positive for amphetamine isn't even really that great either.

15. I am in the same boat looking for jobs, about to get a drug test and I am worried about Xanax showing up and if Propranolol could cause a false positive for Xanax, which I am not prescribed for. I too am prescribed Wellbutrin but with Depakote for Bi-Polar Disorder. I'm curious as to how you made out.

16. Quote Originally Posted by grantster5405 View Post
    I am in the same boat looking for jobs, about to get a drug test and I am worried about Xanax showing up and if Propranolol could cause a false positive for Xanax, which I am not prescribed for. I too am prescribed Wellbutrin but with Depakote for Bi-Polar Disorder. I'm curious as to how you made out.
    Hi @grantster5405, you might want to make a new thread to ask your question since this thread is 5 1/2 years old. I new thread will
    probably bring more attention and answers than posting in an old thread.
    Just go here: https://pharmacyreviewer.co/forum/drug-use-testing/ and click on "Post New Thread"
    Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grantster5405 View Post
    I am in the same boat looking for jobs, about to get a drug test and I am worried about Xanax showing up and if Propranolol could cause a false positive for Xanax, which I am not prescribed for. I too am prescribed Wellbutrin but with Depakote for Bi-Polar Disorder. I'm curious as to how you made out.
    Hi @grantster5405, you might want to make a new thread to ask your question since this thread is 5 1/2 years old. I new thread will
    probably bring more attention and answers than posting in an old thread.
    Just go here: https://pharmacyreviewer.co/forum/drug-use-testing/ and click on "Post New Thread"
    Good luck!
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum, b_tches!

17. @dado1981 I am really interested to hear how this turned out for you.

I was going to offer, I didn’t realize how old the thread was.

Please return and enlighten us!

18. I would be really surprised if they tested for Tramadol. It’s not normally included on most panel drug screens

Skiff is offline Banned Reason: Multiple Rule Violations
    Skiff will become famous soon enough

Default Oh yeah all three may show up if you also use meth in real life

Aspirin may show up as MDMA if you are on molly yourself and if so anything might show up (and hide one big hige Propranolol wrinkled up beta blocker, then it will hide under Tramadol's blanket and if the UA guy on mashrooms even mashed potato will show up as Heroin!

- - - Updated - - -

all law enforcement does as it abused a lot and they call it opioid left and right while really how about talking about it being snri more than opioid but whatever idiots from CDC will not ever leave ua alone RESIST!!!

While there is a chance for false positives on a drug screen, it is virtually impossible to have a false positive on the confirmation GC/MS test. This is why almost no one uses just a drug screen.

21. Inderal (Propranolol), Tramadol on urine test - terrible situation and urgent