Thread: Positive THC results from CBD oil

Default Positive THC results from CBD oil

Hello

Does anyone know how long it takes to test negative for THC after taking CBD oil?

I am using a 10 panel drug screen test that I got from Amazon and it keeps testing positive for THC. It also is testing positive for benzos and I don't even remember the last time I took a valium. This is so disheartening!
    Likes Binky, M77 liked this post

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    @rainey51
    Some CBD has no THC at all, and others have up too, or less than .3% by volume. Even with the .3 type, it is legal in states that don't have legalized, or medical status. The real problem is would the .3 give a false positive, and would the 0 type not really be refined enough to actually have 0%.

I have read about this extensively, and supposedly a false positive means by definition, that something caused a positive, when the person tested did nothing intentionally wrong. It might be smart to proactively mention, right before a test, that you use CBD, and you don't think it will show up, but if it does, it is from a legal product. I know that people have failed for opiates, and/or opioids, because the had a poppy seed bagel. That used to be common. A false positive is supposed to get you another round of testing. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by M77; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:40 PM. Reason: Typo
    Helpful Binky, rainey51, heliarc Rated helpful
    Likes Gullible liked this post

@rainey51, benzos can stay in your system up to 28 days and maybe a bit longer if you are overweight. cbd oil from hemp, which is legal, should have zero thc in it or such small trace amounts it should be undetectable. it sounds like a false positive for both meds. i would mention it, as @M77 said. while mmj is not legal in my state, one can get cbd in a shake at a local restaurant. do you have a faulty test? maybe get one elsewhere and see.
    Helpful Mecha, rainey51, M77, Binky, heliarc Rated helpful
    Likes SoAndSo liked this post

SoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond reputeSoAndSo has a reputation beyond repute

I have quite a bit of experience here as well. To me it does sound like a false positive. As previously mentioned, everyones body fat and metabolism varies and so too does the time it takes to get out of your system. I would try a different test as well, maybe wait a bit so you are not wasting your money.
    Helpful M77, rainey51 Rated helpful
    Likes Gullible, Binky liked this post

@ M77 -I'm not sure if I should mention the CBD oil because I have an upcoming exam for life insurance and then one for a possible job, maybe for the possible job I can mention it? I tried a marijuana test from the dollar store today and again it tested positive for THC so I don't think the "amazon" test is wrong. I looked on the lab results from the company that I get the CBD from and it had something like 2.17 % THC, maybe that's enough to get a positive. I was buying the CBD from somewhere else and the lab results said THC- ND but it cost so much more than the 2nd company. Thank you
    Helpful M77, heliarc Rated helpful
    Likes Binky liked this post

@notcharlotte - I was reading online how CBD is legal but a lot of people are getting fired for testing THC positive, it's so helpful to so many people and it's legal. I hope all the people that I read about are okay... it helped take away this guy's lifetime migraines and he's fighting for his job now. Totally wrong, isn't it? @SoAndSo - I have tried 2 tests so far and both have come in with a heavy positive line. It's got to be the CBD. The benzo positive surprised me even more because it's been awhile, I'm thinking at least a couple months. I'm not skinny but not that much overweight, so I don't know unless it's my thyroid, maybe... my metabolism is that slow?
    Do you know how long it takes for CBD to get out of your system? I hope not a month or more like pot, that would be pretty messed up. Thank you @notcharlotte and @SoAndSo
    Helpful M77 Rated helpful
    Likes Binky, notcharlotte liked this post

@rainey51
    Wow, no right answer. There are some products that help you flush your system, although some may be scams. I would research some of these, and maybe check Amazon reviews. They don't alter their product reviews, so you may be able to find a product to flush your system. Perhaps you can try a few of these products, and keep re-testing yourself, until you get a clean test back. I would try a few, with great ratings, and go overboard with the "cleansing" products. Hopefully you can buy yourself enough time to clear you system.

I agree that it might not be the best thing to admit, to an insurance company test, but it is completely legal. If it is a blood test for life insurance, they only used to test for HIV, and hepatitis, but of course that may have changed. If you can verify that it is a drug test, try to have it scheduled after you have a chance to "detox." Good luck!!!
    Helpful Binky, rainey51 Rated helpful

Yay, the test came back fine and I got the job
    Likes jaders, snowy, M77, pinkflower, Bawston, teresita liked this post

snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by rainey51 View Post
    Way to go rainey my friend!

Likes M77, rainey51, pinkflower liked this post

Morals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant futureMorals has a brilliant future

I’m not sure if this is ok, but I have a collection of different reddit discussions where people tested positive for THC after using hemp derived CBD. Perhaps one of these discussions has the info you’re looking for?

Each of these links below are to different discussions on Reddit where people taking hemp derived CBD Failed drug test for THC.

CBD Tincture,

Smoked Hempflowers everyday,

Hemp-derived CBD oil,

Hemp derived CBD gummies and vape carts,

hemp derived CBD oil,

hemp derived CBD,

hemp derived CBD vape cart,

Smoked hempflower & are now getting kicked out of school for thc,

hemp derived tincture
    Helpful rainey51, M77, heliarc, teresita Rated helpful

I will share my CBD hemp pill story . I went to a vitamin shoppe and bout these hemp pills for sleep. Very legal. Took them for three days and had.to be rushed to the emergency room due to my back going out so bad I couldn't get up off the floor. While I was in er they ran urine test on me. Imagine my surprise when the doc explains he can't give me a narcotic because I tested positive for thc! Thank heavens I had the pills in my purse to prove to him what I just had bought for sleep as I don't ever sleep....sigh....and lucky for me he could see I was not a person who knew much about drugs as I haven't smoked anything ever...lol. So he did finally give me some pain medicine....but gosh what do people in pain do these days???!!?? Where is the compassion people.....

Hope you get a clean test...I am sure that is nerve racking
    Likes rainey51, teresita liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    Way to go rainey my friend!

Thank you @snowy
    Likes snowy liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by rainey51 View Post
    @rainey51
    Congrats on the job! And of course, passing the test.

This is a big problem, as in false positives for CBD, but I truly believe that we are on the verge of complete legality across the US. Obviously, this would solve the problem. The shear stupidity (big surprise) that the prohibition still exists federally, is mind boggling. I always would follow, and support NORML (the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws) but I thought it would never happen. The last few years have been amazing, and I think the complete legalization will actually happen, sooner than later. I have a lot of respect for these people, that pressed the gov, in a way that took decades, but it looks like they won, or at least mostly won. I think the final dominoes are about to fall, finally!
    Helpful snowy Rated helpful
    Likes heliarc liked this post

I agree I think it will finally be 100% legal and rightfully so. I am a person who would benefit from it greatly for sleep, anxiety and chronic pain but I am scared of my own shadow so I never knew how to really get any or how to ask anyone to get some and I would probably be so dang paranoid. Probably way worst than my first order I made online lol..... I wish it was in an easier form than smoking....:-/
    Helpful snowy, M77 Rated helpful
    Likes teresita liked this post

snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    snowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond reputesnowy has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    I agree I think it will finally be 100% legal and rightfully so. I am a person who would benefit from it greatly for sleep, anxiety and chronic pain but I am scared of my own shadow so I never knew how to really get any or how to ask anyone to get some and I would probably be so dang paranoid. Probably way worst than my first order I made online lol..... I wish it was in an easier form than smoking....:-/
    Welcome back feisty!
    Likes heliarc liked this post

Bawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant futureBawston has a brilliant future

There's been a lot of discussion in my state where weed is now legal for recreational use & that employers can still fire you for testing positive on a drug test. The problems are that it's still illegal at the federal level and also as discussed above, that it can stay in your system for quite some time making it difficult to say you're not high at work.

I think we've still got a ways to go and it has to be legal at the federal level not just individual states. But hey, I'll take any progress!
    Helpful heliarc, snowy Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    Welcome back feisty!
    Thank you love....glad to be back participating

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bawston View Post
    There's been a lot of discussion in my state where weed is now legal for recreational use & that employers can still fire you for testing positive on a drug test. The problems are that it's still illegal at the federal level and also as discussed above, that it can stay in your system for quite some time making it difficult to say you're not high at work.

I think we've still got a ways to go and it has to be legal at the federal level not just individual states. But hey, I'll take any progress!
    What sucks the most is that right after my positive test for taking a legal VITAMIN sold in a national chain store and I pop for thc...there was a big news story of a lady fired for the exact same pills / positive test.

So if they are going to allow CBD hemp pills to be sold...there needs to a warning because I had NO idea you could test positive for thc. Lucky for me I was only in the ER and it was a question of the doc giving me pain meds or not due to the positive results and only did he do so after I showed him my bottle.
    Helpful snowy, Bawston Rated helpful

19. Positive THC results from CBD oil