Thread: False-positive drug test

Pothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to behold

Default False-positive drug test

I had something very shady happen to me. I am in a voluntary drug treatment program due to my unfortunate relapse into heroin. I have been clean on everything but suboxone for like 100 days now. Anyway I recently had a UA test positive for opiates and meth.

I haven’t done meth in over ten years. I haven’t done opiates in months.

The shadiest thing is that they dipped the UA, it came back negative. But then they sent it to the lab. The lab dipped it, and all the sudden it came up positive for meth and opiates. So they sent in for further testing, which I think is gas chromatography.

Anyway even though it came back clean when they sent it in for gas chromatography or whatever, they are still bringing it up. It’s very shady, and I want to get out of the program now. Frankly it put a bad taste in my mouth. I could only imagine how many people are sitting in jail right now for false positive drug tests. Also no apology.

Also I had a UA today, and she made a comment “that’s weird.” What happened was the lines for oxy were not showing up. So she had to use a whole other dipper or whatever they’re called. What a waste of money, I don’t think those things are cheap, thankfully I didn’t have to pay extra. You’d think in 2019 with all this technology it wouldn’t be such a screwed up endeavor.

Update: I went back there yesterday. They are heavily contradicting themselves. Even though the UA was weeks ago at this point, they can’t find an “update.” One of the counselors said the UA came back clean from the gas chromatography. But the nurse I talked to yesterday was still trying to gin up a “confession” from me. She was like, “Are you sure you didn’t take anything?”

No wonder these drug treatment programs have such a high relapse and failure rate. It’s a cat and mouse game, a gotcha game. I imagine they will bring this up to me from now on, every appointment I have. She was like “Well you’ve done a great job, except for this.” Excuse me? I didn’t use anything, it was a false-positive. In addition, I’m almost 40 years old. If I relapse, I will admit it. I’m not court-ordered to be there. I can (and probably will, after this) leave at any time without retribution of any kind.
    Last edited by Pothead; 05-18-2019 at 04:37 PM.
    Likes rainey51, Bawston, jaders liked this post

Bawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond repute
    Bawston has a reputation beyond repute
    @Pothead...you're getting worked over. There is/was someone on here Nancy3980(?) who worked in a drug testing lab and had some good information. According to her the gas chromatography is the gold standard and overrules any dip stick tests which have a good number of false positives. Can you ask for your own copy of the gas chromatography test so that you have that as the definitive proof?
    Last edited by Bawston; 05-21-2019 at 08:06 PM.
    Helpful Binky, Mrs Parker, Blackbird123, djrick Rated helpful
    Likes jaders liked this post

Rylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond reputeRylee has a reputation beyond repute

Funny reason this. A few years ago I had a UA for a dr and it was sent to the lab, (not dip stick) and it came back as heroin positive! I have never used heroin! I was Very upset! I had no recourse to fight it since it was done already even though I had never tested positive for anything besides my prescriptions.. It must have been a mix up, I’m guessing? My Dr wouldn’t prescribe my usual prescriptions for me so I never went back.

The point being I Surely don’t trust labs or any kind of UA unless it’s done in front of me.
    @Bawston I remember that lady who worked for a lab. Nancy3980 or something like that too.
    Helpful Binky, Bawston Rated helpful
    The greatness of a nation & its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

seashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond repute
    seashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond repute
    ive took atleast 1 UA for 20 years of my life a month...some month more...there are so many things that can cause fasle pos. meds. poppy seeds..benadryl...its unreal... and people at the lab...they are human...a simple mess up...i had benadryl show up as pcp once..lmao..nvr done pcp.. a certain antibiotic will test for coke...its insane! you nvr admit nothing ....they push you for that..never admit. esp if you have nothing to admit.
    Helpful jaders, Pothead Rated helpful
    Likes Rylee, Bawston, blueroan17 liked this post

Bawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond repute
    Bawston has a reputation beyond repute
    Just look at all the people just on here who are required to do UA’s every month. Then you’ve got all the people in just my state who have to if they’re on a monthly opioid prescription. Also, I don’t know of anyone starting a new job who doesn’t have to do this. All these tests, many which are inaccurate and need to be repeated. Just follow the money on this...

Who does NOT take urine tests?

Politicians and doctors. Politicians make the laws requiring this, doctors often have a stake in the ownership of the labs.
    Helpful jaders, Pothead, Binky Rated helpful
    Likes Rylee, blueroan17, seashells, djrick liked this post

Pothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to beholdPothead is a splendid one to behold

So I recently met with the doctor, and he confirmed that my follow-up test ended up being negative. He said it was the first instance he’s ever seen of a UA initially coming up positive for two drugs, then subsequently testing negative. He admitted when he first saw my original UA results, he would have said it was basically impossible for my follow-up test to come up clean. Well there’s a first time for everything. To be honest I almost wish it would have come up positive, because it would have given me an excuse to leave the program. I really don’t feel like I fit in very well with the other participants. Perhaps it’s because most of them are forced to be there due to legal issues or for DHS purposes involving child custody.
    Last edited by Pothead; 06-04-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    Helpful Binky, seashells Rated helpful

seashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond repute
    seashells has a reputation beyond reputeseashells has a reputation beyond repute
    @Pothead....Do you feel you need sub? If you want you can always PM me. Alot of people dont know how to take me, I mean no harm to anyone on here I just call it as I see it. Im always willing to talk or help anyone. Ive been in the clinic for 12 yrs. To dam long!! If you need it meaning it helps you lead a normal life then stay. Theres other options which Im sure you know that. Theres always the ones that fake it till they make it, those peeps are everywhere. If you ever need me just PM me.
    Helpful Mrs Parker, Pothead Rated helpful

While there can be false positives on a drug screen, it is virtually impossible to get a false positive on GC/MS confirmation. The confirmation step is extremely accurate. I have never heard of a documented false positive on a GC/MS test
    From an accredited lab. Never.
    Helpful Pothead Rated helpful
    Likes seashells liked this post

9. I had the more complex drug test a couple of years ago. It was a new staff and they were doing this to all. Mine came back positive for alcohol and meth. I don’t drink at all and I’ve never tried meth. I changed doctors. It was a load of bull.
    Likes seashells, Bawston liked this post

10. I once had a UA drug test come up positive for cocaine, which I've never seen let alone ingested, but negative for THC, which I definitely should have been positive for. I've administered a fair number of the quick-drops over the years and I don't trust them at all. They're total shit.

My clinic is expanding the number of patients they routinely drug test. I think we're going to start seeing more and more of that, which will certainly mean some people start avoiding the doctor, resulting in an increase in preventable and communicable diseases.

Remind me again why we do this whole drug prohibition thing?
    Likes jaders, Mrs Parker liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by nobknee View Post
    I once had a UA drug test come up positive for cocaine, which I've never seen let alone ingested, but negative for THC, which I definitely should have been positive for. I've administered a fair number of the quick-drops over the years and I don't trust them at all. They're total shit.

My clinic is expanding the number of patients they routinely drug test. I think we're going to start seeing more and more of that, which will certainly mean some people start avoiding the doctor, resulting in an increase in preventable and communicable diseases.

Remind me again why we do this whole drug prohibition thing?
    there is a popular antibiotics that will cause a fake pos. for coke on the field test drug screen a sometimes a lab.

jettagirl is a glorious beacon of lightjettagirl is a glorious beacon of lightjettagirl is a glorious beacon of lightjettagirl is a glorious beacon of lightjettagirl is a glorious beacon of lightjettagirl is a glorious beacon of lightjettagirl is a glorious beacon of lightjettagirl is a glorious beacon of lightjettagirl is a glorious beacon of lightjettagirl is a glorious beacon of lightjettagirl is a glorious beacon of light

After moving to another state last year I had to find a primary care doc quickly in order to obtain a referral for pain management. Since I had already been in pain management for 2 years at this point, I wasn't expecting to encounter any negativity from my new primary care doc. But wanting to be prepared for anything, I had my full paper medical records in hand. At my first appt I was asked for a urine sample. A week later I received a call from the doc's office requesting that I make another appointment right away. The doc immediately pulled out my tox screen and accused me of using methamphetamine. (I was prescribed oxycodone by my previous pain doc and had never in my life taken meth. My only other prescriptions were Wellbutrin and Lisinopril.) I was speechless and requested another screen since it was obviously wrong. She smirked and said something like yeah, do you think I haven't heard that before? As soon as I got home I got online and googled false positive methamphetamine. The results were all indicating that Wellbutrin is one of the most common drugs that gives a false positive for meth or just plain amphetamine. So even with my full medical record and A LIST OF MY CURRENT MEDICATIONS on the questionnaire I filled out, I was told I was being discharged as her patient. She absolutely refused to listen to me and treated me like a drug addict. So here I am at 60 years old being told I'm a liar, an addict and good luck finding another doctor. WTF? Doctors really DO think they are gods. Chronic pain patients ARE treated like we are trash, to be thrown away, out of sight out of mind.
    Helpful ludwig1961, Mrs Parker Rated helpful
    Likes jakemoe, Doc Rogue, Jaded68 liked this post

jakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud ofjakemoe has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by jettagirl View Post
    After moving to another state last year I had to find a primary care doc quickly in order to obtain a referral for pain management. Since I had already been in pain management for 2 years at this point, I wasn't expecting to encounter any negativity from my new primary care doc. But wanting to be prepared for anything, I had my full paper medical records in hand. At my first appt I was asked for a urine sample. A week later I received a call from the doc's office requesting that I make another appointment right away. The doc immediately pulled out my tox screen and accused me of using methamphetamine. (I was prescribed oxycodone by my previous pain doc and had never in my life taken meth. My only other prescriptions were Wellbutrin and Lisinopril.) I was speechless and requested another screen since it was obviously wrong. She smirked and said something like yeah, do you think I haven't heard that before? As soon as I got home I got online and googled false positive methamphetamine. The results were all indicating that Wellbutrin is one of the most common drugs that gives a false positive for meth or just plain amphetamine. So even with my full medical record and A LIST OF MY CURRENT MEDICATIONS on the questionnaire I filled out, I was told I was being discharged as her patient. She absolutely refused to listen to me and treated me like a drug addict. So here I am at 60 years old being told I'm a liar, an addict and good luck finding another doctor. WTF? Doctors really DO think they are gods. Chronic pain patients ARE treated like we are trash, to be thrown away, out of sight out of mind.

@jettagirl, it's so insulting to be treated like that and it takes every bit of restraint to not punch the biotch in the face!! I'm sorry that happened to you, it's happened to many of us. It's been about 16 or 17 years since I've been being treated for chronic pain (other than over the counter stuff) and it's been the same amount of time since I've started hating doctors. They have all the power in our quest for relief and the giant egos to go with it. It's good to let it out and vent to your fellow members here as this is one of the most supportive forums I've ever been a part of. Peace
    Likes jettagirl liked this post
    F**k the DEA

14. Heads up: I tested positive for kratom. Only problem was, I'd never taken kratom in my life.

I brought in every otc med I use (for sleep mostly). Doc concluded that valerian root was the culprit.

Doc said that valerian root will show a false positive for a bunch of other stuff (even heroin), so just cut it out completely.

I guess this is good knowledge for everyone to keep in their pocket in case they drop dirty. Valerian root!
    Helpful seashells Rated helpful

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.