Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendation to drug test ALL patients...seriously!?!!!

Bawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond reputeBawston has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by NSnoozer View Post
    I just came across this article online & cannot believe how far into nutso land the anti opoid battle has gone. Our PCP's are just an offshoot of the DEA now. What will they do if you refuse a drug screen? Withhold life saving medications? Throw you into drug rehab?
    @NSnoozer...actually, yes if you refuse to take a drug screen they can and probably will withhold medications - at least any pain medication. Depending on how you react you could get thrown out of the practice and then good luck finding a doctor after that.

Quote Originally Posted by NSnoozer View Post
    I experienced the same thing. My doctor switch me from a NSAID to Tramadol 10 years ago, due to stomach ulcers. At the time he told me it was safer than NSAIDs and opoid like but non addictive. Fast forward to last year, almost like overnight, I was treated like a drug seeking criminal. I never abused Tramadol. It helped with my chronic pain issues but never got me high or made me need to take more. It still makes me angry every time I think of how my doctor of 15 years treated me. I won't go to or trust another dr again.
    And they wonder why we turn to each other, and to alternate sources of pain management, to get a little relief. BTW, that wonderful (not) accusatory doctor of yours was right the first time, except about the addictive potential of tramadol, which only became clear over the last 10 years. NSAIDs really are risky, evidently, and not just to the gastrointestinal tract. Here's a nifty little article linking them to increased risk of heart attacks (and other articles also mention stroke). Fun!

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2019010715677

3. Another step to complete government control over one’s body. There is a right to privacy in this country. This completely crosses the line. Welcome to 1984.
    Likes jaders, calgal99 liked this post

4. I just had a look at the draft proposal and unfortunately you could have commented on it until 9 Sep - it's a bit late but ya never know they may still be taking comments on the proposal. Hopefully they got lots of negative feedback.

MarySue

5. it's a disturbing and kinda... humiliating, in the workplace or at the doctors office your urine should be your business
    i'm sure it's not uncommon that someone might avoid medical tests and treatment out of fear of repercussions, people denied necessary medical care for any reason is flipping appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawston View Post
    @jannie...well everyone’s pain and pain tolerance is different. I had a total hip replacement and had already been on opioids for chronic pain. They had no problem with that at that time and only needed to know to figure how much pain meds I’d need - both during and after the surgery. They had me on a patient controlled pump which worked well and I stayed on that until I left at which point I had adequate oxycodone for post surgical pain & to be able to do PT.

I’ve never heard of trauma doll being used for post surgical pain but I’m glad it worked for your husband.

Now, at a different hospital I had a lung removed and the surgeon was anti opioids but the anesthesiologist insisted on a spinal pain management ... I forget what it’s called but it was effective. On day 2 the surgeon had his minion rip it out and the nurse gave me a shot of ibuprofen. Felt as if my chest was collapsing, everything went black, and I had a hard time breathing. The hospital doctor came in and had them put an IV pain pump back in. So, pain is relative and it is personal and I will,never go back to that doctor or hospital even if my cancer comes back.
    @Bawston
    Obviously having an entire hospital do this is a lot more egregious than what I am about to post, but my GP’s practice, which has maybe 5 doctors, now has signs up all over the waiting room wall proclaiming “This practice does not prescribe any narcotics, or controlled substance.” I think for the doctor’s office, it is just to suck up to the pressure. I guess they won’t even prescribe Tylenol 1’s. My doc was nice enough to refer me to a pain management practice. I can tell everyone from first hand experience, if you ever need a pain medication practice, if you walk in without a referral, you are wasting your time. They will take your money, and then tell you to take a hike.

I bet with the hospital, they probably get a few million discount off of their malpractice policy for being an “anti-opiate” hospital. It has to be tied to all the litigation going on. I had surgery 3 times, but thankfully they were all long enough ago that I woke up with the [email protected] drip. Although my surgery was serious (nowhere as serious as yours) they still kept turning it down, and then pulled it for oral [email protected]

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12