Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Coming off antidepressants

  1. @dearie_23, have you ever tried a pill crusher? i don't have trouble swallowing pills, but some like enormous antibiotics just sit in my stomach and burn. i bought a pill crusher from ebay and that helps the pills go down better. i also ask the doc for capsules, but that's often up to what the pharmacy stocks.

    obviously a pill crusher is no good for er.

  2. A very good source of coming off antidepressants is Surving Antidepressants . It is all about coming of the kinds of antidepressants and other things.

    I suggest that anyone who thinks about it, should check it out.
    Helpful mancman Rated helpful

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    792
    dearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to behold

    Hmm, I have 2 pill cutters but no actual crusher. I always fear throwing up from the hideous taste of crushed up pills! Lol.
    But never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm - Stevie Nicks

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    181
    Mickleditch has a spectacular aura aboutMickleditch has a spectacular aura aboutMickleditch has a spectacular aura aboutMickleditch has a spectacular aura aboutMickleditch has a spectacular aura about

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Flowers View Post
    Totally agree! I've never been on heavy duty stuff for long periods but I SWEAR the pain of antidepressant W/D HAS to be up there with opiate W/D but typically last much longer (the acute w/d at least). I can say for a fact it's a 1,000 times worse than benzo or Z drug w/d's, at least in my case as I've been on SSRIs or SSNRI's for SOOOOO unbelievably long.
    The 'official' length of AD withdrawal is always given as a couple of weeks. What a joke. I'm reading posts on support forums from folks who've been drug-free for years and still haven't fully recovered.

    Very angry with my doctor because what I actually wanted was a limited prescription for benzos that I could take once or twice a week - i.e., only when I was really desperate. That would have very likely avoided any dependency or subsequent withdrawal. He refused, saying they didn't give them out, 'because they're very addictive'. Handed out the ADs to take every day instead which have given me five times the problems.
    Likes Blue Flowers liked this post

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    The Other Side of Morning
    Posts
    2,760
    Blue Flowers has a brilliant futureBlue Flowers has a brilliant futureBlue Flowers has a brilliant futureBlue Flowers has a brilliant futureBlue Flowers has a brilliant futureBlue Flowers has a brilliant futureBlue Flowers has a brilliant futureBlue Flowers has a brilliant futureBlue Flowers has a brilliant futureBlue Flowers has a brilliant futureBlue Flowers has a brilliant futureBlue Flowers has a brilliant futureBlue Flowers has a brilliant futureBlue Flowers has a brilliant futureBlue Flowers has a brilliant futureBlue Flowers has a brilliant futureBlue Flowers has a brilliant futureBlue Flowers has a brilliant future

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickleditch View Post
    The 'official' length of AD withdrawal is always given as a couple of weeks. What a joke. I'm reading posts on support forums from folks who've been drug-free for years and still haven't fully recovered.

    Very angry with my doctor because what I actually wanted was a limited prescription for benzos that I could take once or twice a week - i.e., only when I was really desperate. That would have very likely avoided any dependency or subsequent withdrawal. He refused, saying they didn't give them out, 'because they're very addictive'. Handed out the ADs to take every day instead which have given me five times the problems.
    Ugh! I am so sorry to hear that. Esp when I hear of patients with anxiety that are only given benzos and have a choice of whether or not to take antidepressants. My brother was one of the lucky ones, he just continued to refuse SSRIS and SSNRIs after knowing what I've been going through so was only scribed Xanax. I just spoke to someone that said her brain didn't fully acclimate to getting off antidepressants for TWO years!!!! How scary is that! And doctors don't believe that AD's cause withdrawal...it drives me crazy!
    Likes mancman, File Error 500 liked this post
    "It's difficult to believe in yourself because the idea of self is an artificial construction. You are, in fact, part of the glorious oneness of the universe. Everything beautiful in the world is within you" -Russell Brand

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    792
    dearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to behold

    I really think SSRIs must have no effect on me at all, either good or bad! I never had any side effects when starting, raising the dose, or stopping it suddenly! Nothing.
    Likes Blue Flowers liked this post
    But never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm - Stevie Nicks

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    274
    Spain has a spectacular aura aboutSpain has a spectacular aura aboutSpain has a spectacular aura aboutSpain has a spectacular aura aboutSpain has a spectacular aura aboutSpain has a spectacular aura about

    When I came off Cymbalta my migraines became worse for a few weeks. So I was given another anti depressant for 3 weeks , a very low dose which broke the chain, migraine pattern. Another anti depressant I was on gave me involuntary movements and I was on holiday and could not sleep as my legs would not stop moving. I was already weaning myself off so decided to stop them. It was over Christmas and I was overseas and everywhere was closed and I only had a few days left on them anyway, so stopped. Had no adverse effects and went to docs when I got home and they were happy with what I did and I told them about my legs etc.
    Likes Blue Flowers liked this post

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    792
    dearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to beholddearie23 is a splendid one to behold

    I've had jerking of my lower left leg / ankle / foot area for the whole 4 months I've been on Lexapro.
    Likes Blue Flowers liked this post
    But never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm - Stevie Nicks

  9. I honestly believe I cannot quit my small dose of tramadol for this reason. I have gone off before but I think I didn't give it long enough. 3 weeks and I just had no drive or motivation. I do believe I was suffering from depression all my life though and this has really helped me. So should I try to go off entirely or not? I don't think so, but it bugs me that I don't seem to have a choice.
    Likes Blue Flowers liked this post

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    one side of the atlantic
    Posts
    1,547
    tommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant future

    Quote Originally Posted by Spain View Post
    When I came off Cymbalta my migraines became worse for a few weeks. So I was given another anti depressant for 3 weeks , a very low dose which broke the chain, migraine pattern. Another anti depressant I was on gave me involuntary movements and I was on holiday and could not sleep as my legs would not stop moving. I was already weaning myself off so decided to stop them. It was over Christmas and I was overseas and everywhere was closed and I only had a few days left on them anyway, so stopped. Had no adverse effects and went to docs when I got home and they were happy with what I did and I told them about my legs etc.
    I had similar thing with restless legs after taking amitriptiline,that and other side effects.
    I just stopped taking them,hadn't been on them too long,my doc now keeps trying to get me on them for pain,no thanks.

    I don't get prescribed tramadol every month,I get 1 month to last me 3,it does give me a lift but I don't know if I would want to take it everyday,WDs sound horrid,I have to spend a few days with various pain then a day or so without when i take 50mg of trams,sometimes more when pain flares up worse.
    Likes Blue Flowers, Spain liked this post

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    181
    Mickleditch has a spectacular aura aboutMickleditch has a spectacular aura aboutMickleditch has a spectacular aura aboutMickleditch has a spectacular aura aboutMickleditch has a spectacular aura about

    Quote Originally Posted by dearie23 View Post
    I've had jerking of my lower left leg / ankle / foot area for the whole 4 months I've been on Lexapro.
    Yes. A kind of Restless Leg Syndrome. I started getting this while on the trazodone and am still getting it now, mostly at night. It's like a sudden slight cramping feeling that makes me just have to move my leg.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Flowers View Post
    Ugh! I am so sorry to hear that. Esp when I hear of patients with anxiety that are only given benzos and have a choice of whether or not to take antidepressants. My brother was one of the lucky ones, he just continued to refuse SSRIS and SSNRIs after knowing what I've been going through so was only scribed Xanax. I just spoke to someone that said her brain didn't fully acclimate to getting off antidepressants for TWO years!!!! How scary is that! And doctors don't believe that AD's cause withdrawal...it drives me crazy!
    I saw a post from someone who'd been off SSRIs for six years, and she was doing better, but still not out of the woods.

    Drs are scared of benzos and z-drugs, but give out the ADs like they were Smarties.
    Helpful Blue Flowers Rated helpful
    Likes tommygun, mancman liked this post

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    one side of the atlantic
    Posts
    1,547
    tommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant future

    I was fine with trazadone,then doc said they dont make them anymore,found out they do though,I was on the 50mg caps,another person was still getting them but 100mg instead,I'd rather be on that than the mirtazapine,will see what doc says next appointment beginning of July,had to wait nearly 5 weeks to get an appointment,never used to be like this,usually maybe a week to wait,this country is such a mess and same people get voted in,are people totally oblivious as to the mess or cos it doesnt affect them then they just don't care?
    Likes mancman liked this post

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    on here
    Posts
    372
    dinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nicedinger is just really nice

    If i want to see a specific GP as i have 5 different GP working under the same practice. I normal wait for 2 weeks ( i like to keep to the same GP always)...
    I can call in the morning get a appointment at 08.00 but i want get the GP i like to use, rather then Doctor geoffrey or Doctor Bungle!! or what ever the names are that day..

    And you are correct this country is in a complete mess!! i live on the main street in the town center. And our roads are that bad that tar on the road is now longer there and its down to the original cobble stones. I can remember the old guys of the town used to say when i was a kid the town center was all cobbled in there days!! i used to say i bet that look nice.
    They used say " yes lad it was and you will never see that again) fast forward 40 x years now i see it.... through lack of mentaintance.
    Likes mancman, tommygun liked this post

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    one side of the atlantic
    Posts
    1,547
    tommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant futuretommygun has a brilliant future

    Quote Originally Posted by dinger View Post
    If i want to see a specific GP as i have 5 different GP working under the same practice. I normal wait for 2 weeks ( i like to keep to the same GP always)...
    I can call in the morning get a appointment at 08.00 but i want get the GP i like to use, rather then Doctor geoffrey or Doctor Bungle!! or what ever the names are that day..

    And you are correct this country is in a complete mess!! i live on the main street in the town center. And our roads are that bad that tar on the road is now longer there and its down to the original cobble stones. I can remember the old guys of the town used to say when i was a kid the town center was all cobbled in there days!! i used to say i bet that look nice.
    They used say " yes lad it was and you will never see that again) fast forward 40 x years now i see it.... through lack of mentaintance.
    The country is literally falling to bits,no wonder ADs are being prescribed so much.
    Likes dinger liked this post

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    62
    liztaylor will become famous soon enough

    I had to come off a long relationship with paxil. I did it in stages, finally taking only a quarter a night. It was complete hell for about 3 weeks. After that I lost weight and got back some creative interests, and what women woudn't want those things. After that I said never again!
    Henri Matisse: “Creativity takes courage"

  16.  
    Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Has anyone been successful coming off antidepressants?
    By hrcdrc in forum Archive for unanswered posts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2008, 06:26 AM
  2. Coming off antidepressants?
    By Samantha in forum Escaping depression and all about antidepressant medicines
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 10:28 AM
  3. Is it difficult to come off antidepressants?
    By Kirby G in forum Archive for unanswered posts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2008, 05:33 PM
  4. How do I deal with my boyfriend who is coming off of antidepressants?
    By sunflower in forum Archive for unanswered posts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 09:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Protected by Copyscape CopySentry. Do not copy.