Thread: I was prescribed ketamine nasal spray for Depression

Thumbs up I was prescribed ketamine nasal spray for Depression

I have been on lithium and lamictal for depression for about the past year after trying many SSRI's and eventually wellbutrin in the past. My pdoc now is extremely liberal compared to other doctors i've seen. She believes in psychedelics being used for mental health (LSD, psilocybin, ketamine, etc... ) We have had a few conversations about ketamine for depression until I finally found a Compounding pharmacy that makes it in pill form and a nasal spray. The pharmacist gave me the dose for depression (I'm now on nasal spray 20mg/0.1ml 1-3 sprays in each nostril 3 times daily) The pharmacist also did not want me to stop any of my regular medications. I discussed this all with my doctor and she prescribed the nasal spray. It has had good effects... it's almost like a reset button. If i'm really upset or feeling kind of manic say at work... I can take a dose (1 spray of ketamine in each nostril) and it will not only stop the irratability but also make me randomly smile. It is expensive ($90 per nasal spray bottle) but I'll gladly pay that once a month for something we are just starting to really understand the anti-depressant effects of.

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
    Japaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond reputeJapaholic has a reputation beyond repute

I am so happy to read this, we need more forward thinking physicians. Years ago, when I had psychotherapy my therapist work to incorporate my experiences with self aquired MDMA into my therapeutic experience. I was in therapy for childhood trauma / ptsd and was taking a lot of drugs recreationally.

His attitude then was replacing the bad memories with good, horror with beautiful things. MDMA was a part of it. Not that I can say it was MDMA assisted therapy, it wasn't. But he knew and understood it's benefit to out work together.

We also discussed sex a lot, having been abused as a child we worked to replace negative sexual memories with positive ones.

If ever you have a chance, get naked with a lover and have some MDMA - even if intercourse doesn't happen, the tactile stimulation is orgasmic in itself and being so intimate is, well, it's simply wonderful.

Sorry for going off topic, I am truely glad you have had this chance and that it's working for you, keep us updated with how it goes.

Fantastic thread,
    Helpful M77 Rated helpful
    Likes juniperpansy, poohluv, trish5959 liked this post
    You can not define yourself in reference to other external coordinates, you must define yourself internally with your relationship with a higher entity. - Russell Brand.

Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Roz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond reputeRoz has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by poohluv View Post
    I have been on lithium and lamictal for depression for about the past year after trying many SSRI's and eventually wellbutrin in the past. My pdoc now is extremely liberal compared to other doctors i've seen. She believes in psychedelics being used for mental health (LSD, psilocybin, ketamine, etc... ) We have had a few conversations about ketamine for depression until I finally found a Compounding pharmacy that makes it in pill form and a nasal spray. The pharmacist gave me the dose for depression (I'm now on nasal spray 20mg/0.1ml 1-3 sprays in each nostril 3 times daily) The pharmacist also did not want me to stop any of my regular medications. I discussed this all with my doctor and she prescribed the nasal spray. It has had good effects... it's almost like a reset button. If i'm really upset or feeling kind of manic say at work... I can take a dose (1 spray of ketamine in each nostril) and it will not only stop the irratability but also make me randomly smile. It is expensive ($90 per nasal spray bottle) but I'll gladly pay that once a month for something we are just starting to really understand the anti-depressant effects of.
    I found an article that describes what you are
    experiencing.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.da053e68d29b
    Glad it works for you.
    Likes M77 liked this post

I am really interested in trying a Ketamine Nasal Spray. I am going to ask my doctor about it on Friday. However she's pretty militant about prescribing ANY medication, so I doubt I will have success.

I am not asking for a source here. I am just wondering in case I don't get help from the doctor, do you PR users think it's a possibility that an IOP would have a Ketamine Nasal Spray? Or is it too new / needs a compounding pharmacy / or even too risky to try?

I am just looking for opinions on whether this is something I should even look for online.

Thank you.
    Likes poohluv liked this post

@Nancy3980 - this kind of stuff is far too new to even find on the darknet. Call local compounding pharmacies to find one that works with ketamine. Show your doctor research that has been done with it .... the fact that Johnson & Johnson has moved to stage 3 for "esketamine" is telling us that ketamine use for depression by pharmaceutical corporations is right around the corner.

https://www.jnj.com/media-center/pre...isk-of-suicide
    Helpful Ravenousbird, M77 Rated helpful

enologist will become famous soon enoughenologist will become famous soon enough

Very interested in learning more of the nasal spray (traditional K). Physicians are into this?? Tried K by IM several years ago with very pleasant experiences . Love to find realibe option out there if someone is willing to share? Not sure my physician is this progressive.,
    Likes poohluv, M77 liked this post

right @enologist ... I highly doubt you could easily find a psych into rx'ing this sort of novel thing.... And I do receive the racemic mixture - not the s - isomer only which other companies are going to patent forms of because ketamine has been generic for years. Funny .... a racemic mixture of ketamine nasal spray will probably still be about 5 times cheaper than a branded "esketamine" by J&J

Carter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond repute
    Carter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond reputeCarter has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by enologist View Post
    Very interested in learning more of the nasal spray (traditional K). Physicians are into this?? Tried K by IM several years ago with very pleasant experiences . Love to find realibe option out there if someone is willing to share? Not sure my physician is this progressive.,
    I don't know anything about ketamine. But the news article Roz mentioned had a link to this website which I only checked very quickly. It some more info on this topic and also has a list of doctors (unfortunately it is pretty short) who apparently administer/practice ketamine therapy. ketamineadvocacynetwork.org
    Helpful poohluv, Gullible, M77 Rated helpful
    RULE 63: Don't Take Carter Too Seriously

10. This is so great, I take it youre in america? I couldnt imagine any doctor in Australia being this open minded unfortunately. Id love to find a psych like this.
    Likes trish5959, M77 liked this post

dearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to alldearie23 is a name known to all

Me too! (fellow Aussie here)
    Likes KarMar, trish5959, M77 liked this post
    But never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm - Stevie Nicks

An Australian doc prescribing this? Not a chance in hell. I have a feeling there'd be sirens blaring outside just at the mention of the word. I went to the doc last week in a terrible state, crying, shaking, absolutely desperate. Her smiling cheery answer "But life is wonderful" !!
    Oh, so helpful.
    Likes M77 liked this post

13. Quote Originally Posted by trish5959 View Post
    An Australian doc prescribing this? Not a chance in hell. I have a feeling there'd be sirens blaring outside just at the mention of the word. I went to the doc last week in a terrible state, crying, shaking, absolutely desperate. Her smiling cheery answer "But life is wonderful" !!
    Oh, so helpful.
    So sorry to hear this this sounds an awful lot like my docs unfortunately. I’ve major pain in my guts from fibroids and endometriosis which also gifts me migraines and anxiety. Their response? We don’t provide medication for “menstrual cramps.” Like eff you!! This has me on the floor bawling and calling into work.

I wish more docs were progressive However this sounds somewhat hopeful from @poohluv. I didn’t realize Australia was so conservative in this regard. I’ve family there but rarely speak to them.
    Likes trish5959 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by LightRF View Post
    So sorry to hear this this sounds an awful lot like my docs unfortunately. I’ve major pain in my guts from fibroids and endometriosis which also gifts me migraines and anxiety. Their response? We don’t provide medication for “menstrual cramps.” Like eff you!! This has me on the floor bawling and calling into work.

I wish more docs were progressive However this sounds somewhat hopeful from @poohluv. I didn’t realize Australia was so conservative in this regard. I’ve family there but rarely speak to them.
    Oh I feel for you suffering with fibroids and endometriosis. I've known people with the same condition and it is truly life damaging.
    Australia is very conservative at least in my experience when dealing with mental health although there are any number of organizations saying we should be more open when dealing with the condition. The problem, and again this is only in my experience, is that GP's and associated services tend to go round in circles without the patient actually receiving any worth while treatment.
    I quite by accident found that tramadol did help with my depression and anxiety but there is no way I could ever front up to a medical service and explain that without them condemning me.
    Helpful LightRF Rated helpful
    Likes cameronhook liked this post

15. Quote Originally Posted by trish5959 View Post
    Oh I feel for you suffering with fibroids and endometriosis. I've known people with the same condition and it is truly life damaging.
    Australia is very conservative at least in my experience when dealing with mental health although there are any number of organizations saying we should be more open when dealing with the condition. The problem, and again this is only in my experience, is that GP's and associated services tend to go round in circles without the patient actually receiving any worth while treatment.
    I quite by accident found that tramadol did help with my depression and anxiety but there is no way I could ever front up to a medical service and explain that without them condemning me.
    Yeah, i've been suffering really badly with mental health for the last 5 years. Suprised I haven't killed myself and with doctors it's just been a revolving door, trying the exact same things over and over again without any success, I don't know how many different SSRIs they've tried, or them trying to lobotimise me with anti-psychotics even though I said I hate the feeling and they dont help my anxiety and ocd anyway, but that's all they keep offering, I basically cut all my doctors off and stopped trying to get help after 4 years of them presciribing me the exact same things and never trying anything new.
    Helpful trish5959 Rated helpful
    Likes ludwig1961 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by cameronhook View Post
    Yeah, i've been suffering really badly with mental health for the last 5 years. Suprised I haven't killed myself and with doctors it's just been a revolving door, trying the exact same things over and over again without any success, I don't know how many different SSRIs they've tried, or them trying to lobotimise me with anti-psychotics even though I said I hate the feeling and they dont help my anxiety and ocd anyway, but that's all they keep offering, I basically cut all my doctors off and stopped trying to get help after 4 years of them presciribing me the exact same things and never trying anything new.
    I've had problems with mental health for most of the last 4 decades - I'm 60 now so it's been quite a long time): To be honest, I'm not sure why I've continued the struggle. Guess it was a matter of thinking things would have to get better.
    I've now set myself a time limit and planning for the future. I will have to take care of my beloved dogs one way or the other.
    I looked after my mother for some years while she was dying. She always said you can always depend on your family. Sadly this hasn't been the case and I'm now completely on my own.
    I feel deeply sad for all of us, young and old, who are in a similar situation.
    Best of love to you and to all suffering.

I can only comment on high doses unfortunately.
    Likes poohluv liked this post

18. It seems that this is picking up steam and the pop up of K clinics. Now they operate by having you come in and have it administered by Iv. I have seem articles on the ones in California and Georgia.

19. I was prescribed ketamine nasal spray for Depression