Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets talk depression

Mikedan is offline Banned Reason: Previously banned member Chris100
    Mikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to all

Default Lets talk depression

Hi , the best thing for me for depression was not medications and i my doctor tried many on me. Medication actually made me feel worse. One thing that did help me was talking with people who were going through the same thing as me. I felt better about it cause i wasn’t alone. Other people were dealing with the issues as me witch made me feel not being alone. A lot of us think that talking about it won’t help but you would be surprised on how much it helps people opening up about how they feel. If medication works for you, great. It was pretty amazing on how many people were going through the same as me and that’s what helped me get through depression. I obviously deal with it every day but some days are worse then others but know i have more positive days then negative because i opened up to others and it was the best thing I ever did. So if your dealing with depression and medication is not working for you , try different things for yourself until you start feeling better. Don’t give up cause you can beat depression. Stay positive.
    Helpful snowy, Anne Onomis, Hymee, pippi222 Rated helpful
    Likes Joantesch, teresita, Binky, jaders, kitty4, mani liked this post

I have been dealing with intermittent depression after several deaths of close loved ones, then my husband becoming a raging alcoholic. Ads are not for me. I did grief counseling and now toying with alanon online. I take xanax for anxiety. I need to change some things and that is the part I struggle with. All the people that I used to turn to are gone. One girlfriend left and she's dealing with a husband with terminal cancer so I really can't lay my heart out to her, she needs me to be the positive person I once was.
    I will check back and maybe add some details but hoping to read more from others as well. It sucks that's for sure.
    Helpful Binky Rated helpful
    Likes Mikedan, snowy, Hymee liked this post
    Be kind, everyone is fighting their own battles

Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    Gullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond reputeGullible has a reputation beyond repute
    I've found that st johns works well for mild depression. Ket works great for more severe depression but you can't take it every day and expect it to work. Its mostly a one time thing or you might take it every couple months when it gets bad. For me the few times I needed it, it knocked out the depression and I didn't need anything later.

Exercise will help for sure, also getting active and involved with people. The worst thing is to keep to yourself and never go out.
    Helpful Binky, Krang, teresita Rated helpful
    Likes Mikedan liked this post

I agree with @Gullible on exercise. That helps me more than anything when it comes to depression and even anxiety.

IMHO, it seems like weight-training is better for anxiety and cardio is better for depression, so it's a bit hard to find the perfect balance if you have both. Definitely woth a try though!
    Helpful Gullible Rated helpful
    “Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.” -Joseph Heller

Loneliness is absolutely one of the greatest factors when dealing with anxiety and depression. I always thought I could depend on my family. Seems not.
    There's never a day when I don't think about suicide and how best to manage it. I just don't want to kill my pups too soon.
    Likes snowy liked this post

Mikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to allMikedan is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by trish5959 View Post
    Loneliness is absolutely one of the greatest factors when dealing with anxiety and depression. I always thought I could depend on my family. Seems not.
    There's never a day when I don't think about suicide and how best to manage it. I just don't want to kill my pups too soon.
    Hi Trish5959, I really hope you can figure something out so the word suicide won’t be in your head everyday. Depression is a terrible thing to go through but when suicide is in the mix , it scares me so much. If you ever need too talk i would be here for you. I’m low on my status right now but when i get up to a higher rating , i hope we can talk through private message. Please take care of yourself.
    Likes trish5959, snowy, Hymee liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by teresita View Post
    I have been dealing with intermittent depression after several deaths of close loved ones, then my husband becoming a raging alcoholic. Ads are not for me. I did grief counseling and now toying with alanon online. I take xanax for anxiety. I need to change some things and that is the part I struggle with. All the people that I used to turn to are gone. One girlfriend left and she's dealing with a husband with terminal cancer so I really can't lay my heart out to her, she needs me to be the positive person I once was.
    I will check back and maybe add some details but hoping to read more from others as well. It sucks that's for sure.
    Iam really sorry for everything you are going through teresita. It sounds like a lot has happened and is still happening to you and if i could help in anyway i will. If you ever need to talk about anything, please let me know. I feel your pain when you say everyone is gone and hearing about your husband is terrible. I know depression is so hard to deal with and that’s why if you think everyone is gone , well you have me to talk too anytime and im sure many others on this fourm that will listen to you. Keep your head up and i know you can get through this. Stay strong teresita , your friend steveB.
    Helpful snowy, trish5959 Rated helpful

Traditional antidepressant meds did nothing or next to nothing (with bad side effects) for me, some even made it worse. Like many here and elsewhere online, I discovered my magic bullet, tramadol, by accident. I have said lots on that elsewhere here though, so I will mention some other stuff too.

Exercise is a help too, as mentioned. Relaxing music also. But the best non-chemical thing I have found is playing video games. I've seen others on game forums say the same. A good game will distract and immerse you like nothing else. Hours fly by in instants. You can play single player or social stuff as your mood dictates. Frankly, many these days have far better writing and plots than the crap on TV.
    Helpful snowy Rated helpful

Quote Originally Posted by stevenB View Post
    Hi Trish5959, I really hope you can figure something out so the word suicide won’t be in your head everyday. Depression is a terrible thing to go through but when suicide is in the mix , it scares me so much. If you ever need too talk i would be here for you. I’m low on my status right now but when i get up to a higher rating , i hope we can talk through private message. Please take care of yourself.
    Many thanks for your thoughtful post. It's so very kind of you.

Quote Originally Posted by trish5959 View Post
    Many thanks for your thoughtful post. It's so very kind of you.
    Your welcome trish5959 , my brother ended up in a hospital for a month due to thinking about suicide. He also deals with depression a lot worse then me. He does feel a little better but he is still dealing with a lot as you can imagine. When you mentioned the word suicide it worries me. You have so much life to live and for me it’s very important that i help anyone that is going through hard times. It’s probably because what i seen with my brother. I’m happy that your on this fourm because that shows me you are keeping yourself busy and I’m sure your learning new things as am i. Take care of yourself and anytime you need someone to chat with , im always here to help as much as i can. Take care trish5959
    Likes trish5959, CrayonBox, Peaceful Rose liked this post

Six months after my mother passed away, I went into a self-medicating downward spiral. I was taking lots of trams, xans, valium, and anything else I could get my hands on. I am off of everything except some occasional kratom. I discovered that I don't have to try to be super-human. It is okay to just "be" if that makes sense? As someone else here said, talking to someone helps. My heart goes out to everyone hurting (both mentally and physically). (hugs)
    Likes CrayonBox liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Onomis View Post
    Traditional antidepressant meds did nothing or next to nothing (with bad side effects) for me, some even made it worse. Like many here and elsewhere online, I discovered my magic bullet, tramadol, by accident. I have said lots on that elsewhere here though, so I will mention some other stuff too.

Exercise is a help too, as mentioned. Relaxing music also. But the best non-chemical thing I have found is playing video games. I've seen others on game forums say the same. A good game will distract and immerse you like nothing else. Hours fly by in instants. You can play single player or social stuff as your mood dictates. Frankly, many these days have far better writing and plots than the crap on TV.
    Tramadol doesn't help me any more. I've found it makes me more anxious rather than a lift in depression. I do books rather than video games but whatever works.
    Likes CrayonBox liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by mymesh View Post
    Six months after my mother passed away, I went into a self-medicating downward spiral. I was taking lots of trams, xans, valium, and anything else I could get my hands on. I am off of everything except some occasional kratom. I discovered that I don't have to try to be super-human. It is okay to just "be" if that makes sense? As someone else here said, talking to someone helps. My heart goes out to everyone hurting (both mentally and physically). (hugs)
    I just wish I had someone who I could talk to who would be helpful and positive. I've been considering for sometime selling my house, buying a campervan and travelling the country. Sure there could be problems but no more than I'm already facing. Rather than just sitting here, looking after a house and garden I really don't enjoy, I could be seeing the country.
    I called my sister and suggested this. The instant response was, oh no, you might enjoy it for a few months but it wouldn't be good for you in the long term.
    Likes mymesh, CrayonBox liked this post

@trish5959 This may not sound right, but sometimes family members aren't the best ones to talk to about everything. If you are like me, I always wanted the kind of family that I could talk to about everything. But my family is dysfunctional. I love my siblings very much. But they aren't always the best ones to confide in in my situation. Is it that way for you?
    Likes CrayonBox, trish5959 liked this post

15. Quote Originally Posted by trish5959 View Post
    I just wish I had someone who I could talk to who would be helpful and positive. I've been considering for sometime selling my house, buying a campervan and travelling the country. Sure there could be problems but no more than I'm already facing. Rather than just sitting here, looking after a house and garden I really don't enjoy, I could be seeing the country.
    I called my sister and suggested this. The instant response was, oh no, you might enjoy it for a few months but it wouldn't be good for you in the long term.
    Sounds like your sister is just being protective. Same issues with my family, they prefer I am "safe" as a priority over "happy". Follow that dream if your heart is in it. No matter what you do there will be problems. If you take the risk on a dream you will also find new opportunities that you cannot imagine. No chance of that if things remain status quo. I find exercise is my best defense against negative feelings. No matter how bad I feel, a hard workout always brings some level of serenity and perspective. The worse I feel the harder the workout. I love my family without exception but If I listen to them for my serenity I would jump out the window.
    Likes CrayonBox, mymesh, trish5959 liked this post

I suffer from depression and regularly have suicidal thoughts. I know I'll never go through with it as I have a daughter who would truly suffer if I did that. I know it would be so hard on her and I don't want her to suffer like I do right now.

I tried Zoloft and didn't notice a difference. I work out regularly and that helps but only last for a few hours after the workout. By mid afternoon, I'm back to struggling. Tram has been the only drug that's worked for me but I hate sourcing it and hiding it. I certainly am not recommending tram but know that it does get me through those really bad days. I take regular breaks off of it and have been able to keep the dosage to 150mg daily or so (sometimes 100, sometimes 200).

I agree that sharing works great. Knowing we are not alone, definitely helps. Unlike many others, I don't really even have a reason to feel depressed. I can't think of a single event that made me like this. I just remember always feeling low, even as a 5 year old. It sucks.

I have felt suicidal, but in my mind there is always the thought that if I ever tried, I would probably just hurt myself really bad and find myself in a worse state. There are times when I still have the thoughts and they are usually triggered by forgetting to take my meds, but in the moment it feels so overwhelming. Depression and anxiety, are always waiting in the wings for me.
    Last edited by Peaceful Rose; 01-14-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    Likes mymesh, teresita liked this post

During bad bouts of depression, I have caught myself looking at cemeteries thinking people are lucky who are there. But thankfully, that didn't last long. I don't really want to die. I know it was just the depression talking.
    Likes jakemoe liked this post

I am going through this right now. It takes everything to get me out of bed and I just don't feel myself. I am a 45 yr old father of 5 and my wife and I were always on the go with the kids. I have a photography business and love to do landscape photography on the side. Photography is my passion and not even that can not get me out.

My wife and I have talked about it but it's kinda embarrassing to bring up at the doc. I can't explain it, I just don't feel myself anymore. Now, I not talking bat shit crazy, suicide and all of that but just in a funk and in all honesty I have been dealing with this for a few months. Gabapentin seems to help me but then I think.. I didn't need junk to get me out living life like I used to. I work or I am in my bed and I miss my kids, it's hard to hear them playing and laughing in the next room but I just can't get out of this funk.

I suffered from anxiety and when I was young I discovered hydro and how it would just take everything away and at that time i was best friends with a hospice nurse and things spiralled way out of control and I ended up on subutext.. so 10 plus years later here I am. A depressed mess and don't know what to do. The guilt of addiction and then the "I dont want the kids to know dad's a mess" I honestly don't know if I need to say screw it and go to rehab or try and get my depression fixed. My sub doc is just in it for the money..

Well, there is my mess. This is the first time I just laid it out, other than my wife. I know something has to give, I just don't know what or how.
    Last edited by evertking; 04-03-2019 at 02:09 AM.

20. I know very little about depression, I’ve started reading about it as I’ve been approached through work by a mental health charity in Scotland and their proposal is interesting. I briefly dated someone who told me he suffered two bouts of it and I later discovered he’d suffered with it all his adult life. He was confident and outgoing and I never saw him depressed. This strengthens my belief that I need to learn more.
    Would any of you mind if I sent you PMs plz?
    Thanks.
    Victoria
    WE is always stronger than I

Dear visitor, If you are looking for an online pharmacy please take a look at the following pharmacies in our Top Rated section. Each one has genuine, uncensored feedback from real users.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast